Maybelline 3-1 Express Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline 3-1 Express Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.1

on 5/19/2013 6:30:00 AM

Loved this product in Nude, cannot understand why it was discontinued. Recommended shade replacement from Maybelline was the mousse foundation, which is a completely different finish.

I buy this online from overseas, but am a bit scared of how old they are now.

PROs
- Creamy stick formula, but not heavy
- works as concealer & foundation with matte finish
- easy to carry for touch ups

CONs
- discontinued! Why?
- needs reapplication

on 8/9/2009 3:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE THIS CONCEALOR....EVEN KEPT MY EMPTY TUBE FOR WHEN I REPURCHASED!!! I HAVE BEEN READING THE COMMENTS AND HAVE LEARNED THAT IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.....THAT EXPLAINS WHY I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND IT!......WHAT A SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS STUFF WAS CHEAP AND WORKED WELL ON MY SKIN!!!!SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i used to buy this when i was 17-18( im 25 now )

this was the first foundation ive ever used and i loved it i didnt carry a purse at that time and it was the size of jumbo chap stick so it fit great in my back pack and gave me nice medium coverage ....

btw i havent used this in years but i remember i really liked it ......

on 10/20/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this stuff!! I wish maybelline would bring it back! Ivory is the perfect shade for my fair neutral skin- not too pink or dark and just all around awesome. I just bought 2 from ebay and am considering buying more but fear they will spoil b4 i get to use them up. I just dab some under my eyes and on any blotchy areas and blend in. I then finish off with some of my aromaleigh mineral makeup and voila... perfection!! A soft velvety finish requiring only a dusting of powder late in the day. Sigh.... I wish it wasn't discontinued. :(

on 12/15/2008 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used it a few years ago for Halloween b/c I wanted to look pale. Needless to say I was very pale it covered everything on my face it was a good product. From a one time use experience I would repurchase if they every had it in my regular skin tone.

on 9/23/2008 11:25:00 PM

This is a very decent foundation/concealer stick especially for the price! Great for lazy people or those on the go :) and looks very natrual! too bad its discontinued..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for last 6 years. I love it!!! I have combination, acne prone skin with acne marks. This product covers most of my imperfections and gives me a smooth finish. I will like to share my technique for applying any stick foundations I have ever used. I dab some dots on my face specially on the blemishes and marks that I want to cover. Then dab some dots of my Revlon touch and glow creme ( this I dont get in US so I stock up on it when I visit my country) and blend it all over my face with my fingers. What this does is, it helps smooth the foundation evenly all over. For winters I use some oil free moisturizer along with the product basically using the same technique. It works fab for me.

on 7/17/2007 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I almost cried when they discontinued this

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING :'(

I've been searching high and lo for a replacement and cannot find one.

This, my HG foundation, was absolutely perfect!
The shade Buff matched my skin exaaactly, it had a medium amount of coverage, which didn't look caked on ever but covered my enlarged pores wonderfully.
It's creamy texture made it an ease to apply and blend.
It was SO SO cheap!
It made my skin look flawless and i will be sending Maybelline many angry emails :(

on 3/13/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for a few months now, although the colour suits me perfectly (I have light brown skin with yellow undertones), I mainly need it for my undereye circles and I feel that the coverage isn't heavy enough for this which is why I won't be repurchasing. It would last a long time though and has a creamy consistency and is ideal for those that don't want to use it mainly for dark circles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was absolutely my HG coverage!!!!!! Quick, easy, fast, left my super-duper oily complexion feeling clean and matte, though it looked nice and dewy and natural and flawless. I am sooo upset they discontinued like review below, I stilllll havent found a replacement! It even dried up my zits, dammit. I have one tube left and dig some out whenever I have a pimple bc it covers like nothing else will. Damn you Maybelline!