3.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

This is a good self tanner on many levels - color, lasting power, even fading, decent smell, no streaks The glitter is a drawback, but the deal breaker for me is it gives me nasty breakouts. I only used on my legs but don't need breakouts there.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I love this stuff, all except for the smell. Sickening mix of DHA and some strange perfume. But the golden shimmer, the instant tint of bronze and the Half decent tan it gives is worth it. Sticky while drying and you have to get it spread quick before it dries. The color can be streaky and fade uneven if you aren't super careful. I'm really pale, and the medium is enough for me. Great for a two or three day tan, not a buildable summer long option. No moisture, just color. Well worth the $7.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Love this stuff. The trick is to use sparingly and work fast. This product is fast drying compared to other lotions. The color is good and it lasts about four to five days. I put this on before laying un the sun so I don't look so pale .

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

This self tanner in "deep" is hard to find in stores. For some reason I can only find "medium" in stores. Kind of annoying how most stores do not sell "deep dark" tanners. But luckily I found it online. This one has a color guard (which I dislike) but I do like how this one actually provides a decent amount of color in one application. The medium one takes 2 or 3 to get a good dark color. There was some slight splochiness but not too much and could be easily fixed with Salley Hanson air brushed legs anyways. So far its not the best on my list, but not the worst.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I thought this was a good product! I'm using Deep and it gives me a medium tan color that I love. Not orange or streaky for me - I dry brush before showering and that gives me a great exfoliation. The original scent is somewhat like Old Spice, then it dies down to that self tanner smell we all dislike. Also, I could do without the little sparkles and it's pretty drying. But the price is good, I love the color it gives me, and it dries quickly. Def repurchase.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

this is the first self tanner ive used and i wasnt that impressed. it is ok, but it goes on smi clear so u dont really know what is rubbed in and what isnt. i often get blotchess of product that i didnt notice i hadent rubbed in. it does make a difference in colour in the first few applications, so thats good. but you hit a plateau pretty quickly. (i bought medium tan) its also worth noting that it has lots of shimmer and sparkles in it that stays on for days until you exfoliate yiur skin, which i actually like, the sparkles are pretty. but if shimmer all over the body isnt your thing, dont buy this. all in all its an average product, think ill try some other bands when im done my bottle.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I have no need to look for a different tanner- this is the one. I'm quite surprised that I haven't reviewed it before, as I thought I had, but it must have been on a different site. I've been using this since at least 06' and it's the only one I trust to make me look natural. I stopped using it for a bit, because I thought it gave me B.O., but recently I realized that it was my non-aluminum deodorant that was the culprit- I broke down and used some straight up un-scented Secret and I don't have that smell problem, thank goodness! A light touch is the key- especially on my legs; I take a small amount & rub it into my thighs, long strokes then do ONE pass over my knees. Do it again over my lower leg and tops of feet. The great thing is that the lotion is tinted, so you can see exactly where it is, where you have too much build-up, etc. It is kinda sparkly, which I don't mind on my body but looks a little crazy on my face- that's why I wait about 10 minutes and just use whatever regular moisturizer on my face, it breaks down the sparkles without removing the bronze.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

8 years ago

This is my daily self-tanner - I'm quite pale, burn easily, and have sensitive skin - so no real tans for me. . . .I've tried the more expensive high-end brands, but this one works consistently well for me. This formulation does have a lot of shimmer in it - and I wouldn't recommend using it and then going out. However, I use this before bed and then shower off the excess in the morning, so it works well for me. It has a genuine natural tan look to it, and is very buildable. It does help if you've 1) exfoliated and 2) moisturized prior to using this. I use it two or three nights in a row, and then take a day or two off. Once I've gotten to the right shade, I then apply a couple of times a week to keep it.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

10 years ago

Application= Easy, smooth Streakiness= Abundant Drying Time= Took a while to dry, (their gelee s dry much faster) Odor= Pleasant for the first few hours, but u can smell it after; not overpowering however Color= Orange on my yellow undertoned skin Not happy with this product.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

10 years ago

I love this. This is probably the best drugstore self tanner. The color is so pretty, and deff not orange. After I stopped using tanning booths I turned super pale and all the other self tanners seemed to turn me orange and fake, but this stuff makes me look nicely tanned and I love the shiimers. The smell isn't that bad ether but you do have to reapply it at least every two days otherwise it will start to fade weird. ***************** EDIT After using this for about a month or so and applying it only right before going out to clubs or special events I realized this makes me look not so much orange but just like muddy, and dirty and greasy. DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR FACE! unless you have the face of a pre puberty 12 year old. Real talk this is gonna sink into you pores, make you look dirty and greasy. This does not work for me anymore, it makes my skin look dry and oily at the same time. And the packaging is horrible!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

AgeUnder 18