MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.3

on 4/23/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this product due to the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Gold Rebel lipglass that was part of the Style Warriors line. Unfortunately, Instant Gold just didn't cut it. It's a very light golden colour, and barely shows up at all on my lips and NC35-40 skin. I do like the tiny little shimmer particles and staying power, but the colour was just too light and boring for me. I would say this gloss is pretty average in terms of colour, and very dupe-able.

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is a fabulous staple to have in your makeup bag, it looks gorgeous over any shade of pink lipstick. Today I wore it over the HK Most Popular shade and yesterday over Angel and even over MAC red, it looked fab over everything. I have tons of lipglosses and hardly make a dent in any but this is one I can see myself using up. I really recommend it if you have olive skin tones, like I said it looks great over pink lipstick and the extra touch of gold really flatters olive skin tones.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAC lustreglass lip gloss in Instant Gold looks light peach-sh / light beige-ish gloss in the tube with shimmer to it.
I am NC 45 / C6 / GGG with pigmented mauve-ish toned lips. I do not wear it by itself on my lips. But I use it to top off a lot of my lipsticks with.. be they lighter colors or darker colors. I also use it sometimes directly on top of lipliners.

Like all other MAC lustreglasses it has a very nice fine gold shimmer to it, which I love. Yes, it does give the hair stuck on my lips look on a windy day, but I can live with that. Love the staying power.

Got it from a friend so didnt pay a dime for it. Would purchase another tube if I run out of it.

on 12/12/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really in love with this gloss. I've been wearing it for years and i've repuchased it two times. If you dont eat anything it will last all day not like other glosses I've used that dry up in 2 hours time. The whiteish/pinkish/goldish gloss looks lovely on my nc45 skin tone (golden/olive). I took off one lippy though because its very sticky (not very kissable) and sorta expensive($16) for a little lip grease.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Why haven't I bought this before?! The most perfect neutral gloss with shimmer ever!! I usually use c-thru as my neutral ( I have darker pigment in my lips) but this isn't opaque and it isn't clear either. It gives you a plumpy lip look and it will look good over anything. I put it over my Viva Glam VI l/s and it looks gorgeous!! Because it's a lustreglass, it doesn't stay put as long as lipglass, but hey, it's a sacrifice I'll have to make!! I have olive skin that tends to look yellowy some days and sometimes gold neutrals make me sallow. This lippie doesn't. Gosh, where has my mind been all these years while shopping at MAC to have overlooked such a great staple!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite lustreglass right now. Its the one I throw in my pocket whenever I leave the house. I have super pigmented lips so this just enhances my natural lip color with lots of shine and glimmer. But I also use it on top of lipsticks too. I'm NC30 and golds look great on me. I hope MAC will be keeping this around for awhile. I haven't had this new tube long and I already need to be replacing it. Gorgeous gloss!