MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.2

on 8/22/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shade is described by MAC as a lustre shined light neutral gold. This is a nice highlight shade or as a warmer nude with shimmer. I love the MAC lip glass formula because it's hydrating, not sticky but the formula lasts.

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Why haven't I bought this before?! The most perfect neutral gloss with shimmer ever!! I usually use c-thru as my neutral ( I have darker pigment in my lips) but this isn't opaque and it isn't clear either. It gives you a plumpy lip look and it will look good over anything. I put it over my Viva Glam VI l/s and it looks gorgeous!! Because it's a lustreglass, it doesn't stay put as long as lipglass, but hey, it's a sacrifice I'll have to make!! I have olive skin that tends to look yellowy some days and sometimes gold neutrals make me sallow. This lippie doesn't. Gosh, where has my mind been all these years while shopping at MAC to have overlooked such a great staple!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the brother/sister (you pick!) of MAC's gold charm gloss, elaborate gloss, and nice buzz plushglass. I love the formula, love the smell, and on my (note this) MEDIUM-LIGHTLY pigmented lips, it provides for a very sexy nude glossy gold! Love to pair this with a smokey/dramatic/colorful eye. I can see how this gloss would be clear on a person with pigmented lips, but either way, its a beautiful color to me:) Would look great over many lipstick shades! Very glossy, very meow!

I prefer MAC's lipglass formula because it's stickier and lasts longer (less touch-ups are are good thing in my book), but lustreglass does stay on longer then most other brands. I wasn't looking for an over-the-top gold gloss, so I really like this color. It's a subtle, shimmery gold with iridescence. Very pretty. MAC does not test on animals.

I was dissappointed in this shade.I thought it would be more of a bronzey gold shade but it went on almost clear.I much prefer Spring Bean Lustreglass for a honey lipcolor and Sinnamon for a bronzey lipcolor.This is neither.It falls flat imo.

I absolutely love this color and have never seen one like it. Comes on as a shimmery gold on your lips -it may seem a bit weird but it looks nice and natural.

I'm a little scared of wearing any gold colours on my lips as I have olive/yellow skin & wearing gold lipstick isn't the best look, so I was hesitant to try out Instant Gold Lustreglass. But it wasn't really what I expected it to be.

The gold colour is more of a soft sheer shimmery gold and just adds a nice shine to the lips. I find by applying a little bit of it and spreading it around with the brush works well & makes my lips appear fuller and of course shiny! It's nice for a subtle everyday natural look.

on 6/23/2004 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely loved it, the color is gorgeous. It's just the perfect amount of gold shimmer to it. Also I love the lustreglass brush applicator!