MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave Mac glosses, nice nudish with a hint of gold to go over Myth l/s. I like to look bronze and this matches in with perfectly

on 6/16/2009 8:26:00 AM

as an nc15 redhead it can be hard to find products that are flattering but not over the top. Even when MAC created a line that had stuff picked out just for redheads the lipglass didnt suit me. Instant Gold however is a dream come true. I purchased it after an MA said that the closest I could get to orangedecence without the actual stuff was cb96 with instant gold on top. I love the combo and instant gold came to be a hidden gem in the combo. I can wear it over any lipstick and it looks awesome. There are plenty of gold glosses out there but I am happy enough with this one I dont really feel the need to search for another.

on 12/14/2007 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i'm giving this lipglass 5 lippies not because it's an astoundingly unique color but because for what it is, it's perfect. the color, the texture, the smell/taste, and how long-lasting it is for a lipgloss makes it worthy of the perfect rating. i actually purchased this to wear over Blankety lipstick, and it looks perfect with that, but alone it's pretty basic. in the tube, the gloss looks light peachy w/gold shimmer but on your lips it's pretty much clear and shiny. used alone it does tone down the rosiness of my lips a little bit but not enough to give me a nude look. it's comfortable feeling but sticky, which is ok with me, because the thick stickiness of MAC's lipglasses are what keeps them on your lips for so much longer than other lipglosses. it wears off evenly and leaves no shimmer behind. i do like the fact that the tube comes w/a brush instead of a doe foot wand, although when i'm wearing it over lipstick i dab the gloss on my finger and use my finger to put it on my lips so i can avoid cross-color-contamination (haha!). to me, there is no taste or smell, but i don't have the keenest nose so it's quite possible that it has that trademark MAC vanilla smell. it's a great gloss and a good buy, and i'd recommend it.

on 11/12/2007 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous shimmery pale gold gloss. Looks great over any lipstick. My faves to pair it with are Blankety, Hug Me, VGV.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this lipgloss, it is very versatile. It can be worn alone, with any lipliner, and over just about any lipstick. I wear it with a pinky nude lipliner that I use to line and fill my lips. I then apply the Instant Gold over it and my lips look so pouty and full. Pairs well with a smokey eye. I like the brush applicator. Very nice lustreglass, makes me want to try more.

I like this color alot. The lusreglass is also less sticky than the regular lipglass. Unfortunately it seems to come off quicker too. Even so, I really like it and I think it will be nice over many of my neutral lipsticks.

I have black hair, blue eyes, and light skin with a little bit of a tan [MAC nw20].

This is sheer, with gold sparkles in it. I used it over lovedust lipstick and it looked beautiful. But I would never use it by itself, because its just too colorless.

on 12/1/2004 1:52:00 PM

i thought this stuff would appear more milky and opaque- but it just shows up on me as clear. i experimented by dabbing on a touch of concealer or powder before applying, and it gives a gorgeous, goldy-hued nude lip. perfect for the holidays with a smoky eye. i would not reprchase, though, as this is somewhat expensive for an essentially clear gloss.

on 10/30/2004 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Thought it would be more gold on lips, but I like the clear/gold look on me. I think it if were more gold it would be cheesy looking. As always,love MAC taste & texture.

on 6/14/2004 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i can't wear gold gloss but this one i can! it's so sheer and gives a hint of a golden sprakle good enought to to give a gorgeous pout look. i use this alone and it rocks! i felt so sexy with it on!