MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this solely to give another dimension to all my current mac lipsticks. i love it the texture isnt gritty and gives flat colours more dimension and a slight sparkle. slightly sticky and thick but for me thats a good thing. would buy over and over again!! makes my lips feel slightly plumper..

on 2/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is pretty close to clear on my pigmented lips (I'm an NC30) with a very subtle pale gold microshimmer..very pretty! I could see using this over my nude lippies when I want to dress them up a bit with shimmer...This is very, very subtle though, so if you're looking for OTT glitzy, this is not the gloss for you. I love the lustreglass formula and find that it is far less sticky than the original lipglass formula which I hate. I have so many other glosses that I can't see running out of this, but if by some weird chance that did happen, I suppose I would repurchase this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I love this shade!!!! it is a gorgous gold with some slight peachy undertones not garish at all!!! i wear this over all my lipsticks and it make my lips look soooo pouty!! :) i'm just sad that i left this at my friends house over the weekend grrr!! and i counting down the days untill i get it back. i seriously feel like my look is not complete with out this gloss :)

on 11/4/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! I was pleasantly surprised with this gloss. It's a beautiful shimmery shiny light tan/gold gloss. The feeling is moisturizing and slippery and not as sticky as regular lipglass. Would look great over lipsticks but on it's own is fab! Will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

you can't go wrong with this l/g. it gives off just the right amount of shine, shimmer, and glitz. not overwhelming. i use it over my taupe (matte) to get some kind of sparkle and makes my lips glisten. i'm not really a l/g kinda' chick, so when i do rock l/g, i reach for this one. it gives off that subtle "come hither" look...in a definite kissable, delicious kind of way. go for the gold...instant gold...that is. you'll be glad you did. ;-)

on 4/23/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Given all the adoring fans of lipglass and lustreglass, I decided to hop on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about. Since I'd heard that lustreglass was less sticky, I opted for that route because I can't stand sticky gloss. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I really can't see what's so great about lustreglass. It's fairly sticky IMO, and doesn't last long at all (staying power is one factor that I'll take into consideration to justify stickiness). I just didn't feel that this l/g was worth the $14 or so that I paid.

Formula aside, the color of Instant Gold is a beige-y nude with fine gold sparkles in the tube. IRL, on my pigmented lips, it looked like clear gloss with barely there sparkle. If you're looking for any sort of color payoff, this isn't it.

on 1/1/2007 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I admit, when I first got this as a present I was a little turned off that it was a huge bottle of well... gold, but upon laying it on my lips, I discovered that it was far from what I expected. What I saw was clear, glossy lips spread with little bits of gold shimmer. Perfect for a day out with the girls, or even at night. I would definately buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This really reminds me of Gold Charm Lipglass w/o the chunky glitter. Of course with the Lustreglass formula I have to put on several layers to get a color payoff at all from this. But a few layers does give a slight light nude/caramel tint to my pigmented lips which tones them down. It has pretty non gaudy shimmer and glass like shine. I definitely agree with anyone who said this looks sexy with a smokey eye, which is what I wore it with today. Definitely a great combo!

At first I wasn't too sure about Instant Gold but it is growing on me. I think I will actually consider repurchasing it once I use mine up. continued >>

on 3/27/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My HG lipglass. This probably only looks good by itself on people with highly pigmented lips like myself. However, it is a sheer lipgloss that can easily spice up any lipstick with a faint shimmer. It is a better-than-clear lipgloss with a faint nude shimmer to it that looks just perfect on my pigmented lips. I've gone through 5 tubes of this in the last year.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm generally pleased with the Lustreglass line and this color looks gorgeous in the tube. It doesn't really look "gold" because it has a slight pinkish/peach tone to it. Unfortunately the color is soo sheer on me. It looks basically clear with shimmer particles. I already have the "clearer" l/g colors: lustrewhite and springbean and I don't need another so I'm exchanging it.