MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.7

on 8/22/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shade is described by MAC as a lustre shined light neutral gold. This is a nice highlight shade or as a warmer nude with shimmer. I love the MAC lip glass formula because it's hydrating, not sticky but the formula lasts.

on 4/23/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this product due to the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Gold Rebel lipglass that was part of the Style Warriors line. Unfortunately, Instant Gold just didn't cut it. It's a very light golden colour, and barely shows up at all on my lips and NC35-40 skin. I do like the tiny little shimmer particles and staying power, but the colour was just too light and boring for me. I would say this gloss is pretty average in terms of colour, and very dupe-able.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Heaven, I love MAC lustreglasses....and I previously used Sinnamon as a go to color and I certainly will continue too, however this color is just incredible...a perfect go to color for the summer and you can layer it over lipsticks, etc. Sometimes I feel like Sinnamon looks better when I am tan, but with this color it doesn't matter, I can be tan or pale and it looks perfect by itself. A perfect nude gloss that still allows the beauty of your lips to show through.

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely golden champagne color! I love Love Nectar for Spring - Summer. But on my NW20 skin, black/brown hair, brown eyes, it starts to feel a bit too summery Oct-March. Enter Instant Gold. At first I did not love this, it was just a ok, simple. But then I started to embrace the simplicity of a plain, soft golden champagne gloss. It works over all my lippy colors to give them a pop of warmth and suppleness. It is less yellow than L'Oreal's Golden Splash and thus better suited for all year usage. It also just adds that extra dimension to a nude lip (or any other look actually.) So understated, probably over looked by most, but such a useful color to have! It is now my one and only cold weather gloss. It will also look awesome in the summer, I just prefer the more peachy/pink feel of Love Nectar when the sun starts blasting down.

on 7/5/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Loooove this lip gloss! It is a perfect shimmery nude with a hint of gold sparkle that adds a sultry shine to your lips. The best thing about it is that it is NOT STICKY. I can't emphasize that enough. I hate sticky lip glosses. That's why I normally go for mac lustreglasses and not lipglasses. This lip gloss glides on smoothly and you can reapply as much as you want without it turning into a goopy mess on your lips. It looks absolutely amazing worn on top of nude and coral lipsticks, and it really complements a bronzy or sunkissed look. Definitely an HG for me.

on 4/25/2010 2:11:00 PM

Very gorgeous champagne color, very neutral and can be worn for any occasion, alone or on top of other lipsticks. Smells so nice too, I would buy this. Received as a sample in a swap and fell in love!

on 10/10/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this gloss!

It can be worn alone for hints of shimmer and subtle color, OR over a lipstick for that extra shine. It's versatility deserves much praise alone, but I'm also a fan of the brush (unlike other glosses that have a doe foot wand). The texture itself is a little sticky but overall is smooth. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my new favorite lip gloss. I love that it makes any lipstick amazing. Even on its own, with a little lipliner this gloss looks great. Clear with little gold flecks not chunks of glitter. Would definitely buy again and again and again (sorry Nymphette: you've been dethrowned).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I love this shade!!!! it is a gorgous gold with some slight peachy undertones not garish at all!!! i wear this over all my lipsticks and it make my lips look soooo pouty!! :) i'm just sad that i left this at my friends house over the weekend grrr!! and i counting down the days untill i get it back. i seriously feel like my look is not complete with out this gloss :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAC lustreglass lip gloss in Instant Gold looks light peach-sh / light beige-ish gloss in the tube with shimmer to it.
I am NC 45 / C6 / GGG with pigmented mauve-ish toned lips. I do not wear it by itself on my lips. But I use it to top off a lot of my lipsticks with.. be they lighter colors or darker colors. I also use it sometimes directly on top of lipliners.

Like all other MAC lustreglasses it has a very nice fine gold shimmer to it, which I love. Yes, it does give the hair stuck on my lips look on a windy day, but I can live with that. Love the staying power.

Got it from a friend so didnt pay a dime for it. Would purchase another tube if I run out of it.