MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave Mac glosses, nice nudish with a hint of gold to go over Myth l/s. I like to look bronze and this matches in with perfectly

on 7/6/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Lustreglasses and this one is probably the most versatile and useful IMO. It's just a light beigy gold gloss with light gold shimmer. I use this to add warmth to my lipsticks and it literally goes with everything. It's meant to be very sheer and thats one of the reasons why I like it so much.

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

you can't go wrong with this l/g. it gives off just the right amount of shine, shimmer, and glitz. not overwhelming. i use it over my taupe (matte) to get some kind of sparkle and makes my lips glisten. i'm not really a l/g kinda' chick, so when i do rock l/g, i reach for this one. it gives off that subtle "come hither" look...in a definite kissable, delicious kind of way. go for the gold...instant gold...that is. you'll be glad you did. ;-)

on 4/23/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Given all the adoring fans of lipglass and lustreglass, I decided to hop on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about. Since I'd heard that lustreglass was less sticky, I opted for that route because I can't stand sticky gloss. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I really can't see what's so great about lustreglass. It's fairly sticky IMO, and doesn't last long at all (staying power is one factor that I'll take into consideration to justify stickiness). I just didn't feel that this l/g was worth the $14 or so that I paid.

Formula aside, the color of Instant Gold is a beige-y nude with fine gold sparkles in the tube. IRL, on my pigmented lips, it looked like clear gloss with barely there sparkle. If you're looking for any sort of color payoff, this isn't it.

on 3/15/2007 3:15:00 AM

I love this lipgloss! Managed to get a good price off an auction so can't complain :)
Makes any color lipstick look good!

Rather too light (shimmery nude) to use on its own on my pigmented lips but gives any ordinary lipstick a beautiful sheen.

Texture not as thick as lipglass and applies smoothly with the brush that's included.

I used it with mac Satiate which was a bit too bright for me and it turned it into the most gorgeous peachy color which was just what I was looking for. Spices up the paler nudes too. Lovely!

And the usual vanilla flavor makes it a pleasure to use, best tasting lip products on the market IMHO.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm generally pleased with the Lustreglass line and this color looks gorgeous in the tube. It doesn't really look "gold" because it has a slight pinkish/peach tone to it. Unfortunately the color is soo sheer on me. It looks basically clear with shimmer particles. I already have the "clearer" l/g colors: lustrewhite and springbean and I don't need another so I'm exchanging it.

on 12/1/2004 1:52:00 PM

i thought this stuff would appear more milky and opaque- but it just shows up on me as clear. i experimented by dabbing on a touch of concealer or powder before applying, and it gives a gorgeous, goldy-hued nude lip. perfect for the holidays with a smoky eye. i would not reprchase, though, as this is somewhat expensive for an essentially clear gloss.

on 7/6/2004 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was the only Lustreglass that disappointed me because I was really hoping for Instant Gold, instead I got something almost clear, I guess it's just the color of my lips, but Luminary has more color on my lips that this color does. 2 lippies for the texture and smell.