MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.7

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gloss generally doesn't get enough love! Nymphette seems to be the one everyone goes for but I much prefer this. It doesn't have any pink to it, but it looks amazing over almost any lip colour. Lovely champagne gold colour that's not overpowering. I would highly recommend :-)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I really enjoy this lip gloss. On my already pigmented lips, this makes them a tad bit more nude and shiny. It's that one gloss that you put on and it instantly makes you look 10x better and healthier. The color reminds me of that of Spring Bean but much more nude and gold. I love this so much and will definitely re-purchase. Looks great on my NC40 as well.

on 12/12/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I just picked this color up not all that long ago, and boy was I missing out all this time! It's quickly become one of my favorite glosses that I prefer to wear by itself. It gives the lips a nude, lustrous look. I love it and will continue to buy!

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is a fabulous staple to have in your makeup bag, it looks gorgeous over any shade of pink lipstick. Today I wore it over the HK Most Popular shade and yesterday over Angel and even over MAC red, it looked fab over everything. I have tons of lipglosses and hardly make a dent in any but this is one I can see myself using up. I really recommend it if you have olive skin tones, like I said it looks great over pink lipstick and the extra touch of gold really flatters olive skin tones.

on 4/17/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i like this nude, subtle gold shimmer gloss. it gives great shine and isn't sticky. it's good for when you want a natural look but clear gloss is too boring. it lasts long and doesn't get messy and ooze out the top when you open and close. it kind of smells like vanilla i think, which is nice. it doesn't particularly moisturize or plump, although the shine makes your lips look plumper. for reference, im a light-skinned asian and i tend to get really dry, flaky lips. i also seem to look better in cool-toned colors mostly.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the brother/sister (you pick!) of MAC's gold charm gloss, elaborate gloss, and nice buzz plushglass. I love the formula, love the smell, and on my (note this) MEDIUM-LIGHTLY pigmented lips, it provides for a very sexy nude glossy gold! Love to pair this with a smokey/dramatic/colorful eye. I can see how this gloss would be clear on a person with pigmented lips, but either way, its a beautiful color to me:) Would look great over many lipstick shades! Very glossy, very meow!

on 2/17/2007 9:57:00 AM

This is very similar to the Elaborate lipglass (Rockocco Collection Aug 2006 and now the Moonbathe Collection May 2007) - an extremely light and almost imperceptible peach with multicolour sparkles. Under the sun Instant Gold appears to have a bit less sparkles than Elaborate, and the size of the sparkles are also a bit smaller. As you can tell from my screen-name Elaborate is my favorite lipglass and unfortunately it's a LE. Now that I have found Instant Gold I can cease to worry about running out of Elaborate.

According to maccosmetics.com:
IG is a Lustre-shined light neutral gold
E is a Soft low karat gold with pearl

on 6/30/2006 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Instant Gold looks great over my naturally pigmented lips for a simple, polished look. It isn't overly glittery, just my lips plus some shine. It can also top almost any lipstick. Definitely a versatile shade that you can slap on and know you look good. It's not overly obvious though, so if you want something that stands out, Instant Gold isn't for you.

on 10/30/2005 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I never ever buy shades like this. But I had a makeover at MAC, and the MA used this on me with Spice lipliner. It adds a super-glossy shine, with a hint of golden colour - which looks caramelly with the Spice. It looks HOT with smokey eyes!!! I love this even though I usually wear pinky-beigey nudes. I use this with Annabelle Spice l/l, which is a cheap dead ringer for the MAC. Love this!