MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.6

on 8/22/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shade is described by MAC as a lustre shined light neutral gold. This is a nice highlight shade or as a warmer nude with shimmer. I love the MAC lip glass formula because it's hydrating, not sticky but the formula lasts.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Heaven, I love MAC lustreglasses....and I previously used Sinnamon as a go to color and I certainly will continue too, however this color is just incredible...a perfect go to color for the summer and you can layer it over lipsticks, etc. Sometimes I feel like Sinnamon looks better when I am tan, but with this color it doesn't matter, I can be tan or pale and it looks perfect by itself. A perfect nude gloss that still allows the beauty of your lips to show through.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave Mac glosses, nice nudish with a hint of gold to go over Myth l/s. I like to look bronze and this matches in with perfectly

on 7/6/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Lustreglasses and this one is probably the most versatile and useful IMO. It's just a light beigy gold gloss with light gold shimmer. I use this to add warmth to my lipsticks and it literally goes with everything. It's meant to be very sheer and thats one of the reasons why I like it so much.

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely golden champagne color! I love Love Nectar for Spring - Summer. But on my NW20 skin, black/brown hair, brown eyes, it starts to feel a bit too summery Oct-March. Enter Instant Gold. At first I did not love this, it was just a ok, simple. But then I started to embrace the simplicity of a plain, soft golden champagne gloss. It works over all my lippy colors to give them a pop of warmth and suppleness. It is less yellow than L'Oreal's Golden Splash and thus better suited for all year usage. It also just adds that extra dimension to a nude lip (or any other look actually.) So understated, probably over looked by most, but such a useful color to have! It is now my one and only cold weather gloss. It will also look awesome in the summer, I just prefer the more peachy/pink feel of Love Nectar when the sun starts blasting down.

Love everything about this! I use it with sublime culture lipliner and Viva Glam V and it makes my lips look so pouty and full and gorgeous! I lov eht elustreglass brushes and sent and everything! It's perfect for nude lips with a smokey eye as well!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gloss generally doesn't get enough love! Nymphette seems to be the one everyone goes for but I much prefer this. It doesn't have any pink to it, but it looks amazing over almost any lip colour. Lovely champagne gold colour that's not overpowering. I would highly recommend :-)

on 10/10/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this gloss!

It can be worn alone for hints of shimmer and subtle color, OR over a lipstick for that extra shine. It's versatility deserves much praise alone, but I'm also a fan of the brush (unlike other glosses that have a doe foot wand). The texture itself is a little sticky but overall is smooth. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

on 4/17/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i like this nude, subtle gold shimmer gloss. it gives great shine and isn't sticky. it's good for when you want a natural look but clear gloss is too boring. it lasts long and doesn't get messy and ooze out the top when you open and close. it kind of smells like vanilla i think, which is nice. it doesn't particularly moisturize or plump, although the shine makes your lips look plumper. for reference, im a light-skinned asian and i tend to get really dry, flaky lips. i also seem to look better in cool-toned colors mostly.

So i have always said i am not a lipgloss person. too sticky and annoying. i usually like matte colors too. my sister gave me this lipgloss and i figured i'd try it. i would have never bought this though just because its pricey and like i said i am not a lipgloss person. BUT i love this lipgloss!! i love the applicator. it feels so soft and good on my lips and the color is pretty. i think when im done with this i am going to buy one..maybe another color just to experiment. maybe i will find a color i like more.