MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.3

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely golden champagne color! I love Love Nectar for Spring - Summer. But on my NW20 skin, black/brown hair, brown eyes, it starts to feel a bit too summery Oct-March. Enter Instant Gold. At first I did not love this, it was just a ok, simple. But then I started to embrace the simplicity of a plain, soft golden champagne gloss. It works over all my lippy colors to give them a pop of warmth and suppleness. It is less yellow than L'Oreal's Golden Splash and thus better suited for all year usage. It also just adds that extra dimension to a nude lip (or any other look actually.) So understated, probably over looked by most, but such a useful color to have! It is now my one and only cold weather gloss. It will also look awesome in the summer, I just prefer the more peachy/pink feel of Love Nectar when the sun starts blasting down.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this solely to give another dimension to all my current mac lipsticks. i love it the texture isnt gritty and gives flat colours more dimension and a slight sparkle. slightly sticky and thick but for me thats a good thing. would buy over and over again!! makes my lips feel slightly plumper..

on 4/17/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i like this nude, subtle gold shimmer gloss. it gives great shine and isn't sticky. it's good for when you want a natural look but clear gloss is too boring. it lasts long and doesn't get messy and ooze out the top when you open and close. it kind of smells like vanilla i think, which is nice. it doesn't particularly moisturize or plump, although the shine makes your lips look plumper. for reference, im a light-skinned asian and i tend to get really dry, flaky lips. i also seem to look better in cool-toned colors mostly.

on 12/12/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really in love with this gloss. I've been wearing it for years and i've repuchased it two times. If you dont eat anything it will last all day not like other glosses I've used that dry up in 2 hours time. The whiteish/pinkish/goldish gloss looks lovely on my nc45 skin tone (golden/olive). I took off one lippy though because its very sticky (not very kissable) and sorta expensive($16) for a little lip grease.

on 11/12/2007 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous shimmery pale gold gloss. Looks great over any lipstick. My faves to pair it with are Blankety, Hug Me, VGV.

on 4/23/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Given all the adoring fans of lipglass and lustreglass, I decided to hop on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about. Since I'd heard that lustreglass was less sticky, I opted for that route because I can't stand sticky gloss. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I really can't see what's so great about lustreglass. It's fairly sticky IMO, and doesn't last long at all (staying power is one factor that I'll take into consideration to justify stickiness). I just didn't feel that this l/g was worth the $14 or so that I paid.

Formula aside, the color of Instant Gold is a beige-y nude with fine gold sparkles in the tube. IRL, on my pigmented lips, it looked like clear gloss with barely there sparkle. If you're looking for any sort of color payoff, this isn't it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This really reminds me of Gold Charm Lipglass w/o the chunky glitter. Of course with the Lustreglass formula I have to put on several layers to get a color payoff at all from this. But a few layers does give a slight light nude/caramel tint to my pigmented lips which tones them down. It has pretty non gaudy shimmer and glass like shine. I definitely agree with anyone who said this looks sexy with a smokey eye, which is what I wore it with today. Definitely a great combo!

At first I wasn't too sure about Instant Gold but it is growing on me. I think I will actually consider repurchasing it once I use mine up. continued >>

on 7/10/2006 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Saw the review on this and realized I just had this on yesterday, and I really like Instant Gold! Just thought I'd share my opinion, too!I like Instant Gold over lip pencil or lipstick, because it brightens it up and gives my lips a nice smooth shine! Yesterday I wore Instant Gold Lustreglass over LM Spice lip pencil and Clinique "I'm Yours" CSBS lipstick. I got lots of compliments, so it looks like it all worked out nicely together. Does wear off quickly, tho, but I still like it and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

on 4/2/2006 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this color. It's the pale non-dead-looking nude I was looking for. Not really gold, but just a golden shimmer. On me, Wonderstruck is close to MLBB; but Instant Gold is a sexy neo-sixties shimmer. Very happy with it. (And the MAC people had had me try countless others first.)