MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

on 4/23/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this product due to the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Gold Rebel lipglass that was part of the Style Warriors line. Unfortunately, Instant Gold just didn't cut it. It's a very light golden colour, and barely shows up at all on my lips and NC35-40 skin. I do like the tiny little shimmer particles and staying power, but the colour was just too light and boring for me. I would say this gloss is pretty average in terms of colour, and very dupe-able.

on 7/5/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Loooove this lip gloss! It is a perfect shimmery nude with a hint of gold sparkle that adds a sultry shine to your lips. The best thing about it is that it is NOT STICKY. I can't emphasize that enough. I hate sticky lip glosses. That's why I normally go for mac lustreglasses and not lipglasses. This lip gloss glides on smoothly and you can reapply as much as you want without it turning into a goopy mess on your lips. It looks absolutely amazing worn on top of nude and coral lipsticks, and it really complements a bronzy or sunkissed look. Definitely an HG for me.

on 9/29/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my fav Lipglass from MAC! It is a subtle gold that goes on clear with a hint of light color! I love it for work and nights out...I will be buying again once I am out! Watch out..is a lil sticky!

on 3/27/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My HG lipglass. This probably only looks good by itself on people with highly pigmented lips like myself. However, it is a sheer lipgloss that can easily spice up any lipstick with a faint shimmer. It is a better-than-clear lipgloss with a faint nude shimmer to it that looks just perfect on my pigmented lips. I've gone through 5 tubes of this in the last year.

on 10/30/2005 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I never ever buy shades like this. But I had a makeover at MAC, and the MA used this on me with Spice lipliner. It adds a super-glossy shine, with a hint of golden colour - which looks caramelly with the Spice. It looks HOT with smokey eyes!!! I love this even though I usually wear pinky-beigey nudes. I use this with Annabelle Spice l/l, which is a cheap dead ringer for the MAC. Love this!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lustreglass. It's my first one and I am in love with it. Very sheer, but with a bit of gold shimmer to it. Gorgeous!

on 6/23/2004 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely loved it, the color is gorgeous. It's just the perfect amount of gold shimmer to it. Also I love the lustreglass brush applicator!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i tried this on at the mac counter and loved it... but when i got home i realized that it was pretty much a clear, sort of shimmery gloss, pretty, but not $14 pretty. it went back to mac today... i like the lustreglass formulation though, it is lustrous for lack of a better word, this color was just not enough for me.