MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.5

on 4/25/2010 2:11:00 PM

Very gorgeous champagne color, very neutral and can be worn for any occasion, alone or on top of other lipsticks. Smells so nice too, I would buy this. Received as a sample in a swap and fell in love!

on 3/4/2010 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I finally got this gloss yesterday and have fallen in love with it, its absolutely perfect.. Its a nude with shimmer but a pretty champagne shimmer .. Subtle enuff for work .. But can be worn at nite to go out as well... It brings out other colors beautifully.. This will always b in my makeup bag till they discontinue!

on 10/10/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this gloss!

It can be worn alone for hints of shimmer and subtle color, OR over a lipstick for that extra shine. It's versatility deserves much praise alone, but I'm also a fan of the brush (unlike other glosses that have a doe foot wand). The texture itself is a little sticky but overall is smooth. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

on 6/16/2009 8:26:00 AM

as an nc15 redhead it can be hard to find products that are flattering but not over the top. Even when MAC created a line that had stuff picked out just for redheads the lipglass didnt suit me. Instant Gold however is a dream come true. I purchased it after an MA said that the closest I could get to orangedecence without the actual stuff was cb96 with instant gold on top. I love the combo and instant gold came to be a hidden gem in the combo. I can wear it over any lipstick and it looks awesome. There are plenty of gold glosses out there but I am happy enough with this one I dont really feel the need to search for another.

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is a fabulous staple to have in your makeup bag, it looks gorgeous over any shade of pink lipstick. Today I wore it over the HK Most Popular shade and yesterday over Angel and even over MAC red, it looked fab over everything. I have tons of lipglosses and hardly make a dent in any but this is one I can see myself using up. I really recommend it if you have olive skin tones, like I said it looks great over pink lipstick and the extra touch of gold really flatters olive skin tones.

on 2/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is pretty close to clear on my pigmented lips (I'm an NC30) with a very subtle pale gold microshimmer..very pretty! I could see using this over my nude lippies when I want to dress them up a bit with shimmer...This is very, very subtle though, so if you're looking for OTT glitzy, this is not the gloss for you. I love the lustreglass formula and find that it is far less sticky than the original lipglass formula which I hate. I have so many other glosses that I can't see running out of this, but if by some weird chance that did happen, I suppose I would repurchase this...

So i have always said i am not a lipgloss person. too sticky and annoying. i usually like matte colors too. my sister gave me this lipgloss and i figured i'd try it. i would have never bought this though just because its pricey and like i said i am not a lipgloss person. BUT i love this lipgloss!! i love the applicator. it feels so soft and good on my lips and the color is pretty. i think when im done with this i am going to buy one..maybe another color just to experiment. maybe i will find a color i like more.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the brother/sister (you pick!) of MAC's gold charm gloss, elaborate gloss, and nice buzz plushglass. I love the formula, love the smell, and on my (note this) MEDIUM-LIGHTLY pigmented lips, it provides for a very sexy nude glossy gold! Love to pair this with a smokey/dramatic/colorful eye. I can see how this gloss would be clear on a person with pigmented lips, but either way, its a beautiful color to me:) Would look great over many lipstick shades! Very glossy, very meow!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

you can't go wrong with this l/g. it gives off just the right amount of shine, shimmer, and glitz. not overwhelming. i use it over my taupe (matte) to get some kind of sparkle and makes my lips glisten. i'm not really a l/g kinda' chick, so when i do rock l/g, i reach for this one. it gives off that subtle "come hither" look...in a definite kissable, delicious kind of way. go for the gold...instant gold...that is. you'll be glad you did. ;-)

on 3/15/2007 3:15:00 AM

I love this lipgloss! Managed to get a good price off an auction so can't complain :)
Makes any color lipstick look good!

Rather too light (shimmery nude) to use on its own on my pigmented lips but gives any ordinary lipstick a beautiful sheen.

Texture not as thick as lipglass and applies smoothly with the brush that's included.

I used it with mac Satiate which was a bit too bright for me and it turned it into the most gorgeous peachy color which was just what I was looking for. Spices up the paler nudes too. Lovely!

And the usual vanilla flavor makes it a pleasure to use, best tasting lip products on the market IMHO.