MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave Mac glosses, nice nudish with a hint of gold to go over Myth l/s. I like to look bronze and this matches in with perfectly

on 2/8/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love my lip gloss , especially when I pair it with my lippie creme d' nude. It gives me that certain pop to my lips w/out me looking like casper. Also I'm NW40.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I really enjoy this lip gloss. On my already pigmented lips, this makes them a tad bit more nude and shiny. It's that one gloss that you put on and it instantly makes you look 10x better and healthier. The color reminds me of that of Spring Bean but much more nude and gold. I love this so much and will definitely re-purchase. Looks great on my NC40 as well.

love instant gold, the texture, smell, especially love the non drying formula doesn't peel my lips at all. normally go for nudes like c-thru but it drys my lips out too much. instant gold shows up some what like a nude color just a lot more sheer and little sparkly...so glad i repurchased it. had used one all up a while back and forgot just how much i liked it....

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my new favorite lip gloss. I love that it makes any lipstick amazing. Even on its own, with a little lipliner this gloss looks great. Clear with little gold flecks not chunks of glitter. Would definitely buy again and again and again (sorry Nymphette: you've been dethrowned).

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

on 12/14/2007 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i'm giving this lipglass 5 lippies not because it's an astoundingly unique color but because for what it is, it's perfect. the color, the texture, the smell/taste, and how long-lasting it is for a lipgloss makes it worthy of the perfect rating. i actually purchased this to wear over Blankety lipstick, and it looks perfect with that, but alone it's pretty basic. in the tube, the gloss looks light peachy w/gold shimmer but on your lips it's pretty much clear and shiny. used alone it does tone down the rosiness of my lips a little bit but not enough to give me a nude look. it's comfortable feeling but sticky, which is ok with me, because the thick stickiness of MAC's lipglasses are what keeps them on your lips for so much longer than other lipglosses. it wears off evenly and leaves no shimmer behind. i do like the fact that the tube comes w/a brush instead of a doe foot wand, although when i'm wearing it over lipstick i dab the gloss on my finger and use my finger to put it on my lips so i can avoid cross-color-contamination (haha!). to me, there is no taste or smell, but i don't have the keenest nose so it's quite possible that it has that trademark MAC vanilla smell. it's a great gloss and a good buy, and i'd recommend it.

I bought the christmas set last year, where it came in five different colors ------ which included INSTANT GOLD. Originally, this set was suppose to be a gift ---- but I couldn't resist! I was very disappointed how this and the other lustreglass turn out. The colors are great, but the lipgloss is extremely sticky. I like to wear my hair down ------ and constantly my hair gets attached to my lips. Overall, this lipgloss set was overpriced and like most other lipgloss they don't last long either. You have to keep reapplying it.

I prefer MAC's lipglass formula because it's stickier and lasts longer (less touch-ups are are good thing in my book), but lustreglass does stay on longer then most other brands. I wasn't looking for an over-the-top gold gloss, so I really like this color. It's a subtle, shimmery gold with iridescence. Very pretty. MAC does not test on animals.

I was dissappointed in this shade.I thought it would be more of a bronzey gold shade but it went on almost clear.I much prefer Spring Bean Lustreglass for a honey lipcolor and Sinnamon for a bronzey lipcolor.This is neither.It falls flat imo.