MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This gloss generally doesn't get enough love! Nymphette seems to be the one everyone goes for but I much prefer this. It doesn't have any pink to it, but it looks amazing over almost any lip colour. Lovely champagne gold colour that's not overpowering. I would highly recommend :-)

on 12/12/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I just picked this color up not all that long ago, and boy was I missing out all this time! It's quickly become one of my favorite glosses that I prefer to wear by itself. It gives the lips a nude, lustrous look. I love it and will continue to buy!

on 2/17/2007 9:57:00 AM

This is very similar to the Elaborate lipglass (Rockocco Collection Aug 2006 and now the Moonbathe Collection May 2007) - an extremely light and almost imperceptible peach with multicolour sparkles. Under the sun Instant Gold appears to have a bit less sparkles than Elaborate, and the size of the sparkles are also a bit smaller. As you can tell from my screen-name Elaborate is my favorite lipglass and unfortunately it's a LE. Now that I have found Instant Gold I can cease to worry about running out of Elaborate.

According to maccosmetics.com:
IG is a Lustre-shined light neutral gold
E is a Soft low karat gold with pearl

on 6/30/2006 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Instant Gold looks great over my naturally pigmented lips for a simple, polished look. It isn't overly glittery, just my lips plus some shine. It can also top almost any lipstick. Definitely a versatile shade that you can slap on and know you look good. It's not overly obvious though, so if you want something that stands out, Instant Gold isn't for you.

on 3/30/2006 9:06:00 PM

Beautiful color in the tube, very poor color payoff. You definitely need to use a lipliner or layer this over your favorite lipstick to see any effect other than shimmery clear. That said, I love the lustreglass applicator brush, it's much nicer than the lip glass sponge applicator IMO. Will not repurchase this particular shade though.

I wasn't impressed much with this color. It's a goldish color with shimmer, but doesn't do anything for my lips. I don't reach for this at all since I've purchased it. I will not repurchase this color. If you like the natural look (think bonne bell lippe with shimmer) this color may be for you.

C40 - GGG