MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.6

on 4/25/2010 2:11:00 PM

Very gorgeous champagne color, very neutral and can be worn for any occasion, alone or on top of other lipsticks. Smells so nice too, I would buy this. Received as a sample in a swap and fell in love!

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

on 12/14/2007 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i'm giving this lipglass 5 lippies not because it's an astoundingly unique color but because for what it is, it's perfect. the color, the texture, the smell/taste, and how long-lasting it is for a lipgloss makes it worthy of the perfect rating. i actually purchased this to wear over Blankety lipstick, and it looks perfect with that, but alone it's pretty basic. in the tube, the gloss looks light peachy w/gold shimmer but on your lips it's pretty much clear and shiny. used alone it does tone down the rosiness of my lips a little bit but not enough to give me a nude look. it's comfortable feeling but sticky, which is ok with me, because the thick stickiness of MAC's lipglasses are what keeps them on your lips for so much longer than other lipglosses. it wears off evenly and leaves no shimmer behind. i do like the fact that the tube comes w/a brush instead of a doe foot wand, although when i'm wearing it over lipstick i dab the gloss on my finger and use my finger to put it on my lips so i can avoid cross-color-contamination (haha!). to me, there is no taste or smell, but i don't have the keenest nose so it's quite possible that it has that trademark MAC vanilla smell. it's a great gloss and a good buy, and i'd recommend it.

on 4/15/2007 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OMG who would have thought that this is going to be one of my all time fave l/g ever!In the tube it looks just like another clear gloss with loads of gold sparkles in it.Well it's definitely more than that.I wore it when I did a dramatic green eye (used Teal pigment,Jadeye fluidliner,Surreal e/s) and it neutralized my lips so well and emphasized my eyes&eye m/u so great that even random people on the street stopped me and asked what lippy I was wearing!Instant Gold has its own color and you can actually see it on your lips.It's definitely not like those glosses that goes all clear and sheer.It's very unique in this sense.I got a mini size that came in a holiday set but I'll definitely get the full size when I ran out.I know it'll be a staple for me because I usually like to go darker on eyes and

on 4/2/2006 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this color. It's the pale non-dead-looking nude I was looking for. Not really gold, but just a golden shimmer. On me, Wonderstruck is close to MLBB; but Instant Gold is a sexy neo-sixties shimmer. Very happy with it. (And the MAC people had had me try countless others first.)

on 7/10/2005 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I adore this one! Usually I stay away from anything neutral, brown or gold, who knew I'd love it so much?? It's a perfect everyday, with or without liner, go's with anything gloss. The consistancy is less tacky than the lipglass, it's a little milky looking, and I still get a beautiful dimentional look. I will deffinitelly be trying out more of the Lustreglass colors!

on 12/1/2004 1:52:00 PM

i thought this stuff would appear more milky and opaque- but it just shows up on me as clear. i experimented by dabbing on a touch of concealer or powder before applying, and it gives a gorgeous, goldy-hued nude lip. perfect for the holidays with a smoky eye. i would not reprchase, though, as this is somewhat expensive for an essentially clear gloss.

on 6/14/2004 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i can't wear gold gloss but this one i can! it's so sheer and gives a hint of a golden sprakle good enought to to give a gorgeous pout look. i use this alone and it rocks! i felt so sexy with it on!