MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.6

on 12/12/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I just picked this color up not all that long ago, and boy was I missing out all this time! It's quickly become one of my favorite glosses that I prefer to wear by itself. It gives the lips a nude, lustrous look. I love it and will continue to buy!

love instant gold, the texture, smell, especially love the non drying formula doesn't peel my lips at all. normally go for nudes like c-thru but it drys my lips out too much. instant gold shows up some what like a nude color just a lot more sheer and little sparkly...so glad i repurchased it. had used one all up a while back and forgot just how much i liked it....

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the brother/sister (you pick!) of MAC's gold charm gloss, elaborate gloss, and nice buzz plushglass. I love the formula, love the smell, and on my (note this) MEDIUM-LIGHTLY pigmented lips, it provides for a very sexy nude glossy gold! Love to pair this with a smokey/dramatic/colorful eye. I can see how this gloss would be clear on a person with pigmented lips, but either way, its a beautiful color to me:) Would look great over many lipstick shades! Very glossy, very meow!

on 3/9/2007 11:20:00 AM

I love instant gold, is my primary used mac gloss. I feel it really enhances my skintone and liptone. It's not sticky like a lot of glosses and I don't get the dried up horizontal line across my lips like with maybelline and cover girl glosses. My lips seem to look fuller too. I use with Mac Oak lipliner

on 2/17/2007 9:57:00 AM

This is very similar to the Elaborate lipglass (Rockocco Collection Aug 2006 and now the Moonbathe Collection May 2007) - an extremely light and almost imperceptible peach with multicolour sparkles. Under the sun Instant Gold appears to have a bit less sparkles than Elaborate, and the size of the sparkles are also a bit smaller. As you can tell from my screen-name Elaborate is my favorite lipglass and unfortunately it's a LE. Now that I have found Instant Gold I can cease to worry about running out of Elaborate.

According to maccosmetics.com:
IG is a Lustre-shined light neutral gold
E is a Soft low karat gold with pearl

on 6/30/2006 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Instant Gold looks great over my naturally pigmented lips for a simple, polished look. It isn't overly glittery, just my lips plus some shine. It can also top almost any lipstick. Definitely a versatile shade that you can slap on and know you look good. It's not overly obvious though, so if you want something that stands out, Instant Gold isn't for you.

I was dissappointed in this shade.I thought it would be more of a bronzey gold shade but it went on almost clear.I much prefer Spring Bean Lustreglass for a honey lipcolor and Sinnamon for a bronzey lipcolor.This is neither.It falls flat imo.

on 10/30/2005 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I never ever buy shades like this. But I had a makeover at MAC, and the MA used this on me with Spice lipliner. It adds a super-glossy shine, with a hint of golden colour - which looks caramelly with the Spice. It looks HOT with smokey eyes!!! I love this even though I usually wear pinky-beigey nudes. I use this with Annabelle Spice l/l, which is a cheap dead ringer for the MAC. Love this!

This was soooo pretty, got so many compliments. My only complaint bout it is that my lipgloss tube cracked and i didn't even do anything to it. But lipgloss is soooo nice

it's so pretty, it's a goldish shimmer gloss that isn't too strong. the scent is okay. luved it. just a little expensive, but hey there are no other gloss out there like this one