MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

on 2/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is pretty close to clear on my pigmented lips (I'm an NC30) with a very subtle pale gold microshimmer..very pretty! I could see using this over my nude lippies when I want to dress them up a bit with shimmer...This is very, very subtle though, so if you're looking for OTT glitzy, this is not the gloss for you. I love the lustreglass formula and find that it is far less sticky than the original lipglass formula which I hate. I have so many other glosses that I can't see running out of this, but if by some weird chance that did happen, I suppose I would repurchase this...

on 7/6/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Lustreglasses and this one is probably the most versatile and useful IMO. It's just a light beigy gold gloss with light gold shimmer. I use this to add warmth to my lipsticks and it literally goes with everything. It's meant to be very sheer and thats one of the reasons why I like it so much.

on 2/17/2007 9:57:00 AM

This is very similar to the Elaborate lipglass (Rockocco Collection Aug 2006 and now the Moonbathe Collection May 2007) - an extremely light and almost imperceptible peach with multicolour sparkles. Under the sun Instant Gold appears to have a bit less sparkles than Elaborate, and the size of the sparkles are also a bit smaller. As you can tell from my screen-name Elaborate is my favorite lipglass and unfortunately it's a LE. Now that I have found Instant Gold I can cease to worry about running out of Elaborate.

According to maccosmetics.com:
IG is a Lustre-shined light neutral gold
E is a Soft low karat gold with pearl

on 4/23/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this product due to the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Gold Rebel lipglass that was part of the Style Warriors line. Unfortunately, Instant Gold just didn't cut it. It's a very light golden colour, and barely shows up at all on my lips and NC35-40 skin. I do like the tiny little shimmer particles and staying power, but the colour was just too light and boring for me. I would say this gloss is pretty average in terms of colour, and very dupe-able.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my fave Mac glosses, nice nudish with a hint of gold to go over Myth l/s. I like to look bronze and this matches in with perfectly

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

I really enjoy this lip gloss. On my already pigmented lips, this makes them a tad bit more nude and shiny. It's that one gloss that you put on and it instantly makes you look 10x better and healthier. The color reminds me of that of Spring Bean but much more nude and gold. I love this so much and will definitely re-purchase. Looks great on my NC40 as well.

on 12/12/2009 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I just picked this color up not all that long ago, and boy was I missing out all this time! It's quickly become one of my favorite glosses that I prefer to wear by itself. It gives the lips a nude, lustrous look. I love it and will continue to buy!

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is a fabulous staple to have in your makeup bag, it looks gorgeous over any shade of pink lipstick. Today I wore it over the HK Most Popular shade and yesterday over Angel and even over MAC red, it looked fab over everything. I have tons of lipglosses and hardly make a dent in any but this is one I can see myself using up. I really recommend it if you have olive skin tones, like I said it looks great over pink lipstick and the extra touch of gold really flatters olive skin tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I love this shade!!!! it is a gorgous gold with some slight peachy undertones not garish at all!!! i wear this over all my lipsticks and it make my lips look soooo pouty!! :) i'm just sad that i left this at my friends house over the weekend grrr!! and i counting down the days untill i get it back. i seriously feel like my look is not complete with out this gloss :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAC lustreglass lip gloss in Instant Gold looks light peach-sh / light beige-ish gloss in the tube with shimmer to it.
I am NC 45 / C6 / GGG with pigmented mauve-ish toned lips. I do not wear it by itself on my lips. But I use it to top off a lot of my lipsticks with.. be they lighter colors or darker colors. I also use it sometimes directly on top of lipliners.

Like all other MAC lustreglasses it has a very nice fine gold shimmer to it, which I love. Yes, it does give the hair stuck on my lips look on a windy day, but I can live with that. Love the staying power.

Got it from a friend so didnt pay a dime for it. Would purchase another tube if I run out of it.