MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.7

on 11/17/2010 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lovely golden champagne color! I love Love Nectar for Spring - Summer. But on my NW20 skin, black/brown hair, brown eyes, it starts to feel a bit too summery Oct-March. Enter Instant Gold. At first I did not love this, it was just a ok, simple. But then I started to embrace the simplicity of a plain, soft golden champagne gloss. It works over all my lippy colors to give them a pop of warmth and suppleness. It is less yellow than L'Oreal's Golden Splash and thus better suited for all year usage. It also just adds that extra dimension to a nude lip (or any other look actually.) So understated, probably over looked by most, but such a useful color to have! It is now my one and only cold weather gloss. It will also look awesome in the summer, I just prefer the more peachy/pink feel of Love Nectar when the sun starts blasting down.

on 2/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is pretty close to clear on my pigmented lips (I'm an NC30) with a very subtle pale gold microshimmer..very pretty! I could see using this over my nude lippies when I want to dress them up a bit with shimmer...This is very, very subtle though, so if you're looking for OTT glitzy, this is not the gloss for you. I love the lustreglass formula and find that it is far less sticky than the original lipglass formula which I hate. I have so many other glosses that I can't see running out of this, but if by some weird chance that did happen, I suppose I would repurchase this...

on 3/15/2007 3:15:00 AM

I love this lipgloss! Managed to get a good price off an auction so can't complain :)
Makes any color lipstick look good!

Rather too light (shimmery nude) to use on its own on my pigmented lips but gives any ordinary lipstick a beautiful sheen.

Texture not as thick as lipglass and applies smoothly with the brush that's included.

I used it with mac Satiate which was a bit too bright for me and it turned it into the most gorgeous peachy color which was just what I was looking for. Spices up the paler nudes too. Lovely!

And the usual vanilla flavor makes it a pleasure to use, best tasting lip products on the market IMHO.

on 7/10/2006 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Saw the review on this and realized I just had this on yesterday, and I really like Instant Gold! Just thought I'd share my opinion, too!I like Instant Gold over lip pencil or lipstick, because it brightens it up and gives my lips a nice smooth shine! Yesterday I wore Instant Gold Lustreglass over LM Spice lip pencil and Clinique "I'm Yours" CSBS lipstick. I got lots of compliments, so it looks like it all worked out nicely together. Does wear off quickly, tho, but I still like it and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

on 9/16/2005 1:39:00 PM

Don't let the name fool you! When the sales lady reccommended it I thought this person doesn't know what she's talking about. Boy was I wrong! Once it's on the lips it's kind of a clear, shiny, sexy look. It's like your sexy version of natural lips.

on 6/3/2005 1:06:00 AM

I was also a little disappointed - thought it would be more gold like Origins "You're Golden" but it is pretty much clear on me. I use it over other lip color for gloss only. I do love the taste/smell and texture & moisturizing qualities of all Mac's Lustreglass and Lipglass!