MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Lustreglass in Instant Gold

on 4/23/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Tried this product due to the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Gold Rebel lipglass that was part of the Style Warriors line. Unfortunately, Instant Gold just didn't cut it. It's a very light golden colour, and barely shows up at all on my lips and NC35-40 skin. I do like the tiny little shimmer particles and staying power, but the colour was just too light and boring for me. I would say this gloss is pretty average in terms of colour, and very dupe-able.

on 7/6/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Lustreglasses and this one is probably the most versatile and useful IMO. It's just a light beigy gold gloss with light gold shimmer. I use this to add warmth to my lipsticks and it literally goes with everything. It's meant to be very sheer and thats one of the reasons why I like it so much.

on 2/8/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love my lip gloss , especially when I pair it with my lippie creme d' nude. It gives me that certain pop to my lips w/out me looking like casper. Also I'm NW40.

on 10/10/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this gloss!

It can be worn alone for hints of shimmer and subtle color, OR over a lipstick for that extra shine. It's versatility deserves much praise alone, but I'm also a fan of the brush (unlike other glosses that have a doe foot wand). The texture itself is a little sticky but overall is smooth. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

on 9/29/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my fav Lipglass from MAC! It is a subtle gold that goes on clear with a hint of light color! I love it for work and nights out...I will be buying again once I am out! Watch out..is a lil sticky!

on 4/17/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i like this nude, subtle gold shimmer gloss. it gives great shine and isn't sticky. it's good for when you want a natural look but clear gloss is too boring. it lasts long and doesn't get messy and ooze out the top when you open and close. it kind of smells like vanilla i think, which is nice. it doesn't particularly moisturize or plump, although the shine makes your lips look plumper. for reference, im a light-skinned asian and i tend to get really dry, flaky lips. i also seem to look better in cool-toned colors mostly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I love this shade!!!! it is a gorgous gold with some slight peachy undertones not garish at all!!! i wear this over all my lipsticks and it make my lips look soooo pouty!! :) i'm just sad that i left this at my friends house over the weekend grrr!! and i counting down the days untill i get it back. i seriously feel like my look is not complete with out this gloss :)

So i have always said i am not a lipgloss person. too sticky and annoying. i usually like matte colors too. my sister gave me this lipgloss and i figured i'd try it. i would have never bought this though just because its pricey and like i said i am not a lipgloss person. BUT i love this lipgloss!! i love the applicator. it feels so soft and good on my lips and the color is pretty. i think when im done with this i am going to buy one..maybe another color just to experiment. maybe i will find a color i like more.

I bought the christmas set last year, where it came in five different colors ------ which included INSTANT GOLD. Originally, this set was suppose to be a gift ---- but I couldn't resist! I was very disappointed how this and the other lustreglass turn out. The colors are great, but the lipgloss is extremely sticky. I like to wear my hair down ------ and constantly my hair gets attached to my lips. Overall, this lipgloss set was overpriced and like most other lipgloss they don't last long either. You have to keep reapplying it.