Pantene Smooth and Sleek shampoo

Pantene Smooth and Sleek shampoo

2.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For me this is a great shampoo. I did not need conditioner. I think the secret is following directions and shampooing twice. My hair is short and very fine and a bit thin. If you really scrub your scalp you will not have any trouble. Instead of shampooing twice I just let it sit on my hair for about three minutes and then rinse in fairly hot water. I have had trouble with other shampoos with silicone build up but not with this one when used in this manner. I think it is a super shampoo at least for someone with short fine and mildly thin hair. I do use a lot that makes a difference too. But, for the price I feel it is really worth it. Will keep using this until they decide to change the formula like companies often do and then it is off again for another hunt.
Love the fragrance and the convenient pump.

Horrible. Made my hair course and broken with split ends. I also noticed a lot more hair would come out when I combed/brushed my hair compared to normal. Never using Pantene shampoo again.

on 12/9/2015 2:54:00 PM

Perfectly decent drugstore shampoo. Doesn't strip my hair or leave it feeling dried out. Lathers up nicely and rinses out clean.

And it does leave my hair a little bit smoother.

This is something that I would buy again.

on 7/22/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This shampoo lathers verry well! It leaves your hair smooth and sleek as they claimed! I always do a rotation of shampoo,that way it helps the hair to not get use to one product! Love it!

I did not like this shampoo whatsoever. Last year I had a major frizz problem; I think it happens to everyone in the summer. I tried out this shampoo and absolutely hated it. It gave me TONS of dandruff and it made my hair feel so dry and straw-like. Never repurchasing

on 4/19/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The worst shampoo i've ever used. It completly stripped down my hair after i lathered and rinsed it out. As a result my hair got very greasy easily. would not reccomend this to anyone

on 3/22/2014 12:49:00 PM

I bought this for me, hated it...but my boyfriend pulled it out of the trash. I had both the shampoo and conditioner. I used it a few days. My hair felt silky, but my slightly fried ends didn't look any better. I noticed A LOT of hair fall in the shower, then brush, then my bed, WHAT! I never lose this much hair. So I read reviews and saw hair loss was common with pantene. Wonderful... I had a stack of 1$ and 3$ off coupons!
My boyfriend likes them though. He has thick, course, long hair. He doesn't mind losing hair, he has plenty of long unrulely strands to spare.
I wont buy again.

I enjoy most other Pantene products, so I wasn't really expecting any problems with this shampoo. However, I ended up rinsing my hair with vinegar twice because I thought I was just having bad product build up until I realized it was just this shampoo making my hair gross! It made my hair greasy, weighed down, just gross....It might work for thicker darker hair, but it is not something I would recommend.

on 1/18/2014 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I've had beautiful long hair as a kid & my mom just used cheap drugstore shampoos on me.
as I got older I tried out different stuff and my hair was always in bad condition no matter what I did so i started bying haircare from my hairdresser which was very expensive for me. my hair got better until it was too full of cones, overweighted & without shine.

I swiched to expensive natural products for 3 years (what a mistake) my hair looked even worse so I thougt about trying the old cheap pantene which I never used before and now my hair hasnt been in better condition (I couldnt believe the 'bad pantene stuff' really worked for me)

Its shiny, smooth and it really straightens my light wavy hair a bit!
I use the shampoo & conditioner 2-3 times a week as I wash my hair.
I'd still try other products to find my HG but I'll definitely will keep this as my usual haircare products!

on 12/2/2013 2:57:00 AM

I used this shampoo when I had colour-treated hair. Formula is smooth, pearly white, rinses out clean. The first few times I used this my hair felt amazing and I got tons of compliments. It started making my hair tangle and fall out around the 5th wash. Save your money.