Paula's Choice Soft Matte Eyeshadow in Granite [DISCONTINUED]

Paula's Choice Soft Matte Eyeshadow in Granite [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

on 8/25/2009 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Granite is my favorite PC eyeshadow shade! It is the only gray eyeshadow that I can wear in my crease that does not make me look bruised, does not look blue (like MAC Scene), and is not too dark for daytime. It goes beautifully with neutral & pastel eyeshadows on the lids, and blends like a dream. I bought this a while ago and am not sure if PC still carries this shade, but she would be crazy if she discontinued this one! I love it! ♥

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Update 8/9/09: Granite is nearly identical to MAC's Copperplate! I mean, there is an extremely minimal difference in shade. No wonder I love it so much!
Very, very nice (esp. at 50% off), I plan on ordering a backup. The tone is softer and lighter than MAC's Cement but is the same basic color (I'm a sucker for these shades lately). Great application, smooth and even, great for brows too. Soon we'll only have MAC for palette-able neutral shades, so snatch these up ladies (but save one more for me?).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
- soft, fine texture
- applies smoothly
- non-flat matte, has depth
- doesn't oxidize (turn dark) on my oily lids
- can double as a brow powder for dark brows
- long-wearing
- on sale for 50% off on Paula's site ($8.95 to $4.48)

Cons:
- slight creasing without a primer, no creasing with Urban Decay Primer Potion

I agree with the reviewer below that this is similar to Bobbi Brown's Slate, both in terms of colour and quality. It's also slightly similar to MAC French Grey in shade (but the two have different finishes, one's matte, one's satin)

Sorry I don't have a photo of Granite next to Bobbi Brown Slate but you can compare the two using MAC French Grey as a frame of reference.

continued >>

on 1/27/2008 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Granite is a medium gray with just a hint of taupe to keep it neutral in tone rather than cool. I find it to be quite similar to (though a bit more neutral than) Bobbi Brown Slate Eye Shadow, except that Granite is smoother and cheaper than Slate. Overall, I prefer PC Granite to BB Slate. Granite works great on my lid or just in my crease. I expect to repurchase unless my favorite Stila eye shadow comes out in a matte medium gray shade.
Ingredients: Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Aluminum Powder. continued >>

on 5/4/2007 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is probably one of my favorite shadow colors. This is a great lid and contour color. (I often pair this with Stone.) No shimmer or sparkle and therefore is great for that natural daytime or business look. The only cons: It's not available offline and so I have to pay shipping fees and wait for it to arrive (7-10 days.) I'd also prefer if the lid was on a hinge.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another ash blonde to give another thumbs up to this very wearable, versatile color!! I like to use it with my PC Trio-Simply Captivating Collection--along with Beach and Graphite, and in place of the medium shade, Smoky Taupe, as I've stated before, I think Smoky Taupe can be a bit too warm for me, and can clash with my skintone. Granite, on the other hand, keeps the look more harmonious, a neutral-cool, like my skintone. This is one of those colors that won't even get noticed at first, but ends up being one of your best friends!

This is my HG brow colour. I am ashblonde and this works just too well. Looks also very nice on my lids, not too dark, not too brown, just cool and neutral.

on 5/13/2004 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This eyeshadow is a combination of brown and gray. I admit that it isn't the most exciting shade in the world, but it has become my staple for casual daytime wear. I am cool-toned and always have difficulty with eyeshadows: so many browns have gold undertones, and I have yet to find a true gray that doesn't make me look washed out. This eyeshadow combines the best of both worlds, resulting in a wonderful cool-toned brown that looks very natural on me as a wash all over the lid. It really flatters my blue-grey eyes. I will continue to repurchase as long as PC makes it!