4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Parrot is such a pretty shadow! It's a very unique, teal shadow. The frost is a greenish gold for me, while the rest of the shadow seems blue. I used to wear this one a lot more often, particularly in the outer corner of the eye. A little goes a long way with this bright colour.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I didn't get into makeup until around 2005, so I missed the first go-round of Parrot... so I spent a while making do with the HIP "Showy" duo, and life was fine underneath all the sparkle-pocalyptic fallout. When I saw it was re-released in 2007, I hauled butt to the nearest counter on a post-breakup retail bender, and scored their last pot. Since then, it has been my go-to teal when I want a bright, showy, shimmery look. The teal is so crisp and dimensional, and it applies like a dream, so it definitely lives up to the hype. I'll definitely buy this again if it gets re-released.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

10 years ago

This is a beautiful teal color and goes on so nicely! I believe it's a frost, and it just makes your eyes pop! I was lucky enough to get this in a swap, since it's not a permanent in the MAC line, and it's a beautiful addition to my blue eyeshadow collection.

About reviewer (256 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I finally scored Parrot for TEN! DOLLARS! OMG! on an LJ sale recently, minimal usage, in pot, the whole shebang. I can honestly say that I understand the hype surrounding this eyeshadow. It looks to be a perfect cerulean blue, except when held at a specific angle. Then it flashes a green pearlescence. GORGEOUS. Excellent pigmentation and staying power, as the swatch I had made on my hand remained through an entire shower and didn't budge until I scrubbed it off. A truly lovely color. Parrot and Waternymph are total sister colors, by the way, Parrot being the blue version of Waternymph, which is definitely much greener. The greenish iridescent quality of these eyeshadows is the same. And they are equally necessary for any self-respecting MAC artist's palette. Sometimes I still can't even believe I own Parrot. TEN DOLLARS! Does God exist after all?

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Love it for nice summery looks, or paired with purple, or as a liner... Amazing pigmentation and quality. This eyeshadow is a must.

About reviewer (401 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

This is my favorite teal shade. Parrot shows up more blueish than teal on my lids but so very gorgeous and unique. At first I thought it was close to Birds and Berries, but its not at all. I like Parrot a lot more. I put buy again but I hope I never hit pan on this. <br> I wear this with shroom on the inner corner, and the bright blue from the Sea and Sky MES on the outer, with a dark purple on the crease. Then a bit of a glittery lavender on the outer top. Such a striking combination.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesOther

from

10 years ago

Parrot is definately a very special and unique shade. It's a georgeous shade of teal/blue and it's flattering on almost every skintone. It's very pigmented, and the texture is excellent! I can understand the hype surrounding this, unfortunately for me I missed the parrot craze, in summer and holiday 2004 and the holiday collection in 2007 so I paid a fortune for it on ebay. I would definately buy this again if I had to.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

10 years ago

gorgeous color. I tried it today over a blie greasepaint stick and it looks fantastic. I bought it off of someone on livejournal a couple weeks ago. looks great ithappy i bought it

About reviewer (116 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairOther

EyesGreen

11 years ago

This is a beautiful teal color. I love using this with aquavert. Having aquavery on the inner third and parrot on the outer two thirds, then add carbon or black tied to your outer V. This creates a gorgeous dramatic eye that is perfect for a night around the town! It is great. It really makes my brown eyes pop.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

11 years ago

Glad I got Parrot when it was re-released. It's a nice bold color. I think it does come out a bit more blue than it appears.. I typically use it in my crease, with lighter greens as the base, in order to help bring out the green tint. I've never used it by itself on the whole lid, as to avoid looking too tacky or 80's.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm