4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

The first time I used Meteorites I was in my early twenties, and after application didn’t see any difference. I thought them a gimmick. Recently, years later, I used them again (a new packaging obviously) and DID notice that they make my skin look smoother, makeup last longer and overall “pretty up” my complexion. They give me that lovely “glow from within” look. I guess it’s one of the products you learn to appreciate as you get older. I use it as a finishing powder, since I have oily skin and need setting my face first. Meteorites work beautifully as a finishing powder! I think it’s one of the few makeup products worth the money- it’s truly one of a kind. It will probably last me for a lifetime too. Not a must have by any means, but I recommend giving them a try -you may be surprised!

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

8 months ago

Highly recommend this as a finish. It does not settle into lines and does help blur redness and dark circles. It has a slight shimmer and I see no glitter. Used with a light hand and fan brush over whole face it keeps my non matt Lancome Absolue foundation lasting.This used to be my favorite product years ago and then stopped using. Mistake. The new metal container is not attractive and could not remove lid without it flying. It almost broke some porcelain on my table so decanted into plastic container. No more pretty box like years before on top of table, sadly. Now for the price - half of what we used to get and a slightly more powdery recipe and more expensive. Not nice Guerlain. It always bewilders why they change products only to lose customers who then look for comparables. As a reference I use Medium.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 months ago

This is my favorite beauty product. I look forward to using it every time I do my makeup. All I have to do is put on a little concealer under my eyes and in places I get really red like around my nose and right between my brows, set that with regular powder, apply mascara and a little tinted lip balm then swipe this over my cheekbones, across my forehead, down the center of my face and onto my brow bones. I get so many compliments with basically no work it’s great! The color correcting element of this powder combined with subtle shimmer is pure magic. I have really red cheeks and forehead and this totally mitigates that. I can understand the temptation to buy one of the darker shades if you have light skin to use as a bronzer but I think you’ll really be missing out on the color correction. Everyone should have their correct shade of this—especially if you love minimal makeup, though I’m guessing it probably works great layered under duo chrome highlighters for ppl that like something more dramatic. P.s. I put on two to three coats of this, especially on my cheeks—gorgeous! Could bathe in it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

Oh my WORD. Don't buy this expecting to highlight points of your face :)! Why am I in love with this glorified corn starch? Easy, I love a lit-within natural glow on my skin. THIS beautiful product is a finishing powder, although it CAN be used as a setting powder, it's quite strong in that regard in terms of making sure your makeup stays ON. **APPLICATION: Gets frustrating when you want to pick up a lot of product (like me). Otherwise a light dusting is easy with these deliciously-smelling pearls :) **FINISH: The colours of the pearls brighten, blur & slightly colour correct the complexion. The shimmer is VERY FINE. Just as small as the Hourglass powders. Also this DOESN'T ACCENTUATE MY FINE LINES. **LASTING POWER: My oils don't break through with this powder, and it lasts over 8+ hours on the face PROS: - Colour corrects, blurs & brightens the skin without leaving a white-cast - Very fine shimmer, no large particles - 25 grams of product - Made in France - Packaging & pearls are aesthetically GORGEOUS & luxurious - Dupe for the hourglass powders: they contain less than half the product but same price! - Prolongs makeup wear time - Suitable for mature skin CONS: - Pricey - Fragrance (this can be a pro or con) This is one of my holy grail powders, I've purchased mine almost TWO YEARS AGO and it's STILL FULL!

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Ive always been curious about these based on reviews. The packaging is beautiful and looks great sitting on a vanity or bathroom counter. It gives a very beautiful lit from within glow while also kind of blurring redness on the skin so skin is left looking flawless and glowing. I love that is a fine powder too so that it feels light on the skin and doesn't look cake at all. You do need to be careful about using this. Ive swirled my brush in a few times and have had some of the meteorites going flying across the bathroom. I now cup my hand over the top and swirl slowly and gently. They gave me a great little brush that goes perfect with this product too, but I think a bigger kabuki brush works even better. And the scent is lovely. I love that they just came out with the fragrance based on the violet notes in the powder, so I had to buy that too.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This is a great product if you aren't against little sparkles all over the face. The packaging looks beautiful on a vanity table and the product smells divine, saying so I would much prefer this to be fragrance-free. I use it with a fluffy brush and it makes my face look photoshopped on pictures. Very beautiful. It has tiniest glitter particulars, that are quite obvious under sunlight or in any artificial lighting, but they are invisible on pictures, while in a real life (except gloomy days) are somewhat obvious. I've got shade 02 and I'm NC 25. Frankly, I think I could get away with any shade since these almost have no color payoff. I take a lot of pleasure from using these balls, but I'm not sure I will repurchase. It will take ages to use these up.

About reviewer (666 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This is undoubtedly an expensive product, but it will last you YEARS. It is essentially loose powder in ball form. It is fragranced, but not too much. There are three different shades available, and each has three different colors inside. You can use it for color correction, or to just enhance and set your makeup. It imparts a radiant glow. As I said, it will last you years to get through an entire package of this powder pearls. It lasts forever! I love the look it gives my skin after I use it, it sets it nicely and gives my skin a healthy glow. It is iconic and has been around since the late 80's.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

from

2 years ago

I managed to nab the Meteorites Birthday Candles collection during a sale on the Hermo website, and I'm loving these little balls a lot! I have super oily, acne prone skin often exacerbated by the humid weather in South East Asia and prefer to use light makeup/bb cream on a daily basis. This works as a finishing powder which I dust lightly at the end of my morning routine. The effect feels subtle upon application, which made me skeptical at first use. And yet in certain types of lighting, you can really see what a lovely finish it gives--it's almost as if my huge pores are blurred with this. Some people have noticed the glow and passed compliments too, so it must be doing something great in its subtle manner. In terms of oil control, it helps to delay the shine, but by the end of the day my t zone will need some blotting. That's OK though, i read some of the reviews pointing this out and did not put high expectations for oil control. Also a big plus that it doesn't break me out. CONS -it has a strong scent, which may be irritating for sensitive skin, so one lippie off for this -It's pretty pricey, but then it will probably last for ages so I guess it's alright. A word of advice though, don't be swishing your brush in the tin in a hurry over the sink, one of the balls flew right out and into the sink hole, which made my heart cry a little.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

I think the people negatively reviewing these were expecting too much. What would you expect, it's a pretty smelling powder in the form of colored spheres in pretty packaging, not a miracle that will turn you into Brigitte Bardot. But it's just a POWDER. How much can a powder do? Is it frivolous? Yes! But so what? Pretty much all makeup is frivolous. I like feeling glamorous when I'm doing my makeup and these are PERFECT for that. Personally I love them, they perform great and look lovely on bare skin and the psychological "I'm so fancy, you already knooow" effect is very real. I like using them to take the edge off my "dewy skin" looks and keep it from looking greasy but still light reflective and luminous. I used just concealer for under my eyes, Nuxe Or oil on my face and the Meteorites and I'm telling you, my skin has NEVER looked prettier! Even if it's not a setting powder, I love using this under my eyes on top of my concealer, now that I'm 26 I am starting to have some very fine lines there and normal powder ( I have the La Prairie one) doesn't look all that great but this is so light and fine that it doesn't emphasize any lines and dryness at all. The scent reminds me of Kenzo Flower. I will repurchase until I die or as long as I can afford them (knock on wood).

About reviewer (101 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

2 years ago

This is specifially for the Guerlain Meteorites Perles De Legende for Holiday 2016 edition, as I normally would have rated the standard version of the meteorites balls very highly. The holiday 2016 version is great for its mix of bluish-green, pink and gold balls. I think the colour mix is great. I don’t mind that it is slightly more sparkly than the standard version, cause it is still quite subtle (compared to the Hourglass Ambient powders, for example). My issue with the holiday 2016 edition is the inclusion of small balls. Because the balls are small and light, they get picked up by applicator brushes (the same happens with different brushes/ brush densities). It’s so annoying. It does this too sometimes with the bigger balls, but not as often. I just thought it worth mentioning, and hopefully someone from Guerlain pays attention. I know it looks cute on the tin can, but you have to develop products that are practical to use too.

About reviewer (113 reviews)

Age44-55