Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Will I actually purchase this again? Probably!!! It goes from fabulous to meh for me. I have no trouble putting it on my brush, no trouble using it as a final finishing powder. I don't use it on my nose as it has just the smallest hint of sheen which does not work there. As finishing powders go, I will say that an Aromaleigh, which is still in business, High Resolution finishing powder is as good as this at a much lower price. In fact, after trying all the super-hyped stuff like Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder and Nars Reflecting Pressed Powder, which is far superior to Hourglass which makes my face look like wax, I find good-old Aromaleigh the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The hype is real here - I have yet to come across a finishing powder that tops my beloved Météorites Pearls in #2 Clair. One thing to get out of the way immediately is that the permanent Météorites are definitely NOT a highlighter. If that's what you're after, you're likely to be disappointed with the Météorites because the effect is really very subtle. My in depth thoughts below:

MY COLOURING:
For reference, I'm a tad paler than n15 and my undertones lean cool. I live in an extremely humid part of the world, so makeup really gets put to the test here in terms of longevity! I wear the Météorites in #2 Clair for both the loose pearls and the pressed compact versions. However, this review will focus on the classic loose pearls.

APPLICATION:
I use my Météorites as the last step in my routine, and it just melds everything together really beautifully - it softens and blurs together the edges between my blush, bronzer, highlight, contour or any combination of those products that I've happened to use. And it does so without disturbing their placement so there's no need to worry about muddying things up. The Météorites have more of a diffusing effect, eg softening out harsh edges and evening out any patchiness in application. While they may mute the intensity of your blush, that can be used strategically to your advantage if you've been heavy handed.

My preferred application method for the loose pearls is to use a fluffy natural hair kabuki brush to apply - I use a goat hair Koyudo mushroom brush which is a pro at picking up just the right amount of pigment. Bonus points because it fits perfectly into the jar! (For the pressed compact version of the Météorites, I like a dense, firm powder brush, something like the Chikuhodo Z-1.)

FINISH - PERMANENT vs LE:
The permanent Météorites pearls don't have any visible shimmer in them, at least to my eyes. The finish is softly luminous, even muted I'd say. Definitely not full on glowy. But it has this lovely hazy effect on your skin, and just softens and blurs everything together. Hard to describe I'm afraid but you really notice it in person.

The LE and holiday Météorites are generally more shimmery, although it varies quite a bit. The Happy Glow Pearls are the most recent LE release and yes, there is some discernible shimmer in them. It's not a full on glitterbomb but examining my face close up, I can definitely see a little bit of shimmer. When using these, I tap my brush lightly against my wrist before I dust the powder over my face and that tones it down to a level I'm comfortable with. Otherwise, the Happy Glow Météorites and the permanent Météorites in Clair are extremely similar - the Happy Glow edition does lack some of the colour correcting eg the green ones but I would say it boils down to how luminescent a finish you prefer.

The other recent LE Météorites I picked up were the Perles de Legende for Guerlain's Holiday 2016 collection. They were extremely glittery - definitely too much so for daily wear - and also far too dark for my skin tone to use as a finishing powder. I suppose I could have used them as a sort of bronzer but I personally don't like shimmer in my bronzers. However, for those with darker complexions, it's definitely a stunning option. I would say it's equivalent to the permanent Météorites in #4 Doré - perhaps even a tad darker!

USAGE:
One thing to keep in mind is that, as a finishing powder, the Météorites are really intended to be worn on days when your makeup includes foundation or some type of tinted base. Worn on bare skin, I don't see this doing much (especially if you're on the dry side - powder products generally need something grippy to adhere to.) if you want glowy skin, you're probably better off with some radiance boosting primer or something along those lines.

I think the main thing with the Météorites to keep in mind is that they're a finishing powder and what they excel at is melding your makeup together seamlessly - this makes a big difference if you're wearing a bunch of separate products but if your routine is quite minimal, the effect will definitely be less 'wow'.

SCENT:
Typical Guerlain scent - do you like candied violets? No? Well, can you put up with a strong whiff of them each morning as you powder your face? It disappears in 15 seconds max. If you can't even put up with that minimal level of exposure, these are not for you! (Personally, I have a little bit of a soft spot for the violet fragrance - it seems to evoke a more elegant, languid period of history. Then it's back to navigating rush hour! Joy.)

OVERALL GRADE: A+
Are these exorbitantly expensive? Well, a little bit yes, but one jar will probably last you a lifetime. Are they a necessity? Probably not. But are they a lovely product to splurge on which will make mornings infinitely more special? Absolutely. I love finishing off my makeup routine with sweeping a dusting of Météorites over my face - it feels fancy and luxurious (especially with that lacquered Koyudo brush!) and there is no better way to start the day, as far as I'm concerned. Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I can make this on my own. Great product, But I found a supplier of the /meteorites
you can contact formulator sample shop and ask them their availability of meteorite powder

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If only I had the disposable income to throw at luxury makeup that makes for an eye-catching vanity accessory yet doesn't actually fulfill much outside of appearances, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to try the Meteorites for myself even though I knew from the first glittery swatch in-store that I wouldn't like it. And no, I did not buy the full size, I got a sample from So Choix. Although it's a nightmare trying to pick up product out of that puny sample jar, it's way better than purchasing a product with the intention of returning it.

I don't know whether it was deliberately coarsely milled or it's my brush picking up microscopic broken shards of the meteorites but there are just so many visible glitter particles which of course translates to the face and leaves you looking a bit sparkly. It's actually very pretty in a whimsical, fairylike way, but in no way does it look like a natural, lit-from-within glow.

You'd probably guess by the shade name but Clair 02 is too light for darker skin tones because it does leave a faint white cast. It's too bad that the darker shades (03 and 04) don't have the same rainbow color scheme going on, which seems like a major selling point to me.

Also, it does have a strong candied violet fragrance which might bother sensitive noses.

I read that the pressed version is more subtle and less sparkle-tastic, which would likely be better for practical use, but it just isn't the same without the beautiful, iconic balls, lol.

Some Background: I love a naturally radiant look. I have acne scarring so I can't use most highlighters or use too dewy a foundation, like the Cover Fx highlighters or Becca.

The meteorites have always been an item I've had an eye on. The packaging, the beautiful pearls, the limited edition offerings, etc. I've seen the mixed reviews however and have kept away. I actually purchased the Victoria Secret Heidi Klum collection of pearls: all pinks and gold. This was a lovely pink blusher that I used and loved for the light pickup on the brush. Even the packaging a was lovely!

Anyways, I recently purchased the Meteorites in the 3 Medium shade. I have Nc-15ish skin, Coverfx N-10, Missha BB #13. These pearls just make my skin GLOW. It's just so subtle and effortless. Every day I have worn this I have gotten compliments on my skin from friends and coworkers and even myself. As my biggest critic, and currently going through some skin issues, that's a big statement for me. I'm hard on how my skin looks and this stuff just blurs and highlights and looks so lovely.

The smell is a bit intense, however, as someone with sensitive skin and eyes that water like crazy, I've got to say this stuff doesn't bother me in the least. My boyfriend notices the scent when I'm putting it on but isn't bothered by it either.

There is a slight shimmer to this. I wouldn't call it glitter but it's certainly a fine mica in there. I don't mind it because I can't see it when I'm looking in the mirror or bright lights. The only time I see it is when I really get close up in the mirror.

I also recently purchased the 2016 Holiday Pearls in the blue packaging. Mine didn't come with a puff or a cushion :( I use this one as a highlight because it's a more golden shade. I typically don't use gold highlighter but this stuff just gives me that radiance I love without being intense.

All in all 10/10

Oh Guerlain, you always know the way to a woman's heart, be it with your makeup, skin care, or perfumes. I got Clair as I have pale olive skin, and I am obsessed. This gives the perfect lit from within glow! It feels so silky, creamy and smooth, and it does not dry my already dry skin out or make me look flat/dull like many powders do. It does not emphasize my pores, it doesn't give an off color to my complexion, and it doesn't make my skin feel tight either. This is such a true JOY to use! I use my Chikuhodo Z1 to apply it globally, and my Z4 to use it more concentrated as a very soft highlight. It gives you the most natural glow you could imagine, but better. A pretty, luxurious container of Photoshop! This smells absolutely divine as well- it smells just as luxurious as it looks and feels, like powdery, soft Violet. It is very reminiscent of the Meteorites edt, but more soliflore. Heavenly to use, smell, and experience

Its funny that i have been using it for almost 15 years and i just remember to write a review for it. I guess when something already becomes part of your life you dont see it as some random makeup that need to be reviewed. My first encounter was back in 2001 when i was a freshman in college, my friend gave a tiny tub made from gold colored cardboard with rainbow swirl pattern on top (no 1). She said that her mother had been using it and loved it so much she gave my friend a tub which later she gave it to me.
At first i didnt get the idea of that powder, it didnt give me any color and seems the powder didnt adhere to my face well. The glow? I didnt see it either. However, i was diligently applied meteorites everyday and in 2006 when i was looking for my first job i stopped by at guerlain counter with my mom and remember those rainbow pearls that i still dont get it. I bought no 2 pink fresh and i love it as a blush. In a couple of years i bought two more tubs in teint dore and two guerlain meteorites brushes (by this time i understood the product perfectly). They are not soft but at that time it seemed the only brush that could handle the meteorites balls. Then my mother got me the Voyage in mythic and i apply it with shu uemura blush brush. Gorgeous! I like the texture better that the pearls because it doesnt move my foundation. I dusted it on top after i finished with my makeup. It gives you blur effect, ethereal look and makes your face softer. It doesnt control oil but my setting powder ysl souffle already done that job. Then i bought the perles de paradis LE and rainbow pearls LE. My only regret that i didnt buy the teint dore before it was replaced with Clair. Not that i miss the formula or color because i think it is quite the same, but i love the older pattern of teint dore tub. It is much prettier i think. For first timer: when you try this at the store, allow yourself 15 mins or so as to make the powder melt into your skin then you will be able to see the glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Creative, fun and effective! I got this product from my brother as my birthday present, and I absolutely love it! Since I've been reading interviews and checking on Youtube videos about the application and the effect, I instantly tried it as soon as I had the chance. The one I'm using is called Meteorites Pearls Carousel. Inside the package, there is this little round sponge, and that's what I use for my application although others might be using professional make up brush because hey, the sponge works the same, or perhaps, better (in my opinion). This product gives me a light blush effect, and it really evens out my skin colour. I highly suggest this to a school student, or college student, or people who are trying to achieve the 'no-makeup' look, because this thing surely works! I would highly suggest applying this product AFTER you've completed your makeup look. You don't necessarily have to wear this bare and by itself, you can wear this over your makeup for finishing touches (this thing does shimmer and really add the GLAM to your skin). If you are going for the natural no makeup look, I suggest you lightly brush on eyeshadow a few shades darker than your skin (I use Taupe by BobbiBrown), use mascara (I use Volum Express Maybelline), and you can choose to go with lip tint (I use Rose Tinted by Benefit) or basic lip balm. You can also fill in your brows. I usually go with Bobby Brown's eyeshadows (Rich Brown) to lightly fill them in, and blend them with my brushes. Hope this helps!!

This review is for the Rainbow Pearls, which I believe is limited edition. In actuality this version is just a mix of pearls that are already available in the permanent line, so you can definitely make your own rainbow pearls by mixing certain pearls from Clair, Medium, or Dore. I use this product with my Hakuhodo B002, which is a finishing brush made from blue squirrel. I'm sure that the brush deserves some credit, too, but this review is for the Meteorites. These Meteorites are so incredibly subtle. I did not notice any difference when I applied it, and I bought it knowing that I would probably not see a difference. Still, I continued to use it as a finishing powder at the end of my routine. Slowly, I began to notice a huge difference. Every time I caught my own reflection later in the day I was constantly amazed by how beautiful my skin looked. Eight, ten hours after I applied my makeup, my skin looked better than ever before. Even as I drove home in the dark of night, my skin was radiant and perfect under the horrible car lights. After this happened, I started paying more attention to my Meteorites. I began to see a difference even as I applied it; all the harsh edges left by my bronzer and blush were perfected. They were not only blended to perfection; they were also meld together in an especially beautiful way. Suddenly all the layers of my face makeup disappeared into a single beautiful layer. Please give Meteorites a try! I recommend using your softest, fluffiest brush and using all over your face, blending away all the harsh edges left by your blush, bronzer, contour, or even eyeshadow. It's like that last step that transforms a bad makeup day into sheer perfection. It also makes your makeup wear better all throughout the day. I suppose any good finishing powder would do something similar, but only Guerlain Meteorites, with it's gorgeous packaging and unique design, provides such a wonderful, luxurious experience. It also lasts forever, so in a way, it probably has a lower cost per use than even Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powders, which is probably the most popular finishing powder right now. One look at the sizes does confirm that Meteorites are cheaper gram per gram.

Innovative beautiful idea. The packing to the pearls are gorgeous, including the pressed version. My issue? The glitter :( it's more fine than chunky but I can see glitter on my skin and I hate that. Returned.