Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I can make this on my own. Great product, But I found a supplier of the /meteorites
you can contact formulator sample shop and ask them their availability of meteorite powder

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If only I had the disposable income to throw at luxury makeup that makes for an eye-catching vanity accessory yet doesn't actually fulfill much outside of appearances, I'd snatch this up in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to try the Meteorites for myself even though I knew from the first glittery swatch in-store that I wouldn't like it. And no, I did not buy the full size, I got a sample from So Choix. Although it's a nightmare trying to pick up product out of that puny sample jar, it's way better than purchasing a product with the intention of returning it.

I don't know whether it was deliberately coarsely milled or it's my brush picking up microscopic broken shards of the meteorites but there are just so many visible glitter particles which of course translates to the face and leaves you looking a bit sparkly. It's actually very pretty in a whimsical, fairylike way, but in no way does it look like a natural, lit-from-within glow.

You'd probably guess by the shade name but Clair 02 is too light for darker skin tones because it does leave a faint white cast. It's too bad that the darker shades (03 and 04) don't have the same rainbow color scheme going on, which seems like a major selling point to me.

Also, it does have a strong candied violet fragrance which might bother sensitive noses.

I read that the pressed version is more subtle and less sparkle-tastic, which would likely be better for practical use, but it just isn't the same without the beautiful, iconic balls, lol.

Some Background: I love a naturally radiant look. I have acne scarring so I can't use most highlighters or use too dewy a foundation, like the Cover Fx highlighters or Becca.

The meteorites have always been an item I've had an eye on. The packaging, the beautiful pearls, the limited edition offerings, etc. I've seen the mixed reviews however and have kept away. I actually purchased the Victoria Secret Heidi Klum collection of pearls: all pinks and gold. This was a lovely pink blusher that I used and loved for the light pickup on the brush. Even the packaging a was lovely!

Anyways, I recently purchased the Meteorites in the 3 Medium shade. I have Nc-15ish skin, Coverfx N-10, Missha BB #13. These pearls just make my skin GLOW. It's just so subtle and effortless. Every day I have worn this I have gotten compliments on my skin from friends and coworkers and even myself. As my biggest critic, and currently going through some skin issues, that's a big statement for me. I'm hard on how my skin looks and this stuff just blurs and highlights and looks so lovely.

The smell is a bit intense, however, as someone with sensitive skin and eyes that water like crazy, I've got to say this stuff doesn't bother me in the least. My boyfriend notices the scent when I'm putting it on but isn't bothered by it either.

There is a slight shimmer to this. I wouldn't call it glitter but it's certainly a fine mica in there. I don't mind it because I can't see it when I'm looking in the mirror or bright lights. The only time I see it is when I really get close up in the mirror.

I also recently purchased the 2016 Holiday Pearls in the blue packaging. Mine didn't come with a puff or a cushion :( I use this one as a highlight because it's a more golden shade. I typically don't use gold highlighter but this stuff just gives me that radiance I love without being intense.

All in all 10/10

Oh Guerlain, you always know the way to a woman's heart, be it with your makeup, skin care, or perfumes. I got Clair as I have pale olive skin, and I am obsessed. This gives the perfect lit from within glow! It feels so silky, creamy and smooth, and it does not dry my already dry skin out or make me look flat/dull like many powders do. It does not emphasize my pores, it doesn't give an off color to my complexion, and it doesn't make my skin feel tight either. This is such a true JOY to use! I use my Chikuhodo Z1 to apply it globally, and my Z4 to use it more concentrated as a very soft highlight. It gives you the most natural glow you could imagine, but better. A pretty, luxurious container of Photoshop! This smells absolutely divine as well- it smells just as luxurious as it looks and feels, like powdery, soft Violet. It is very reminiscent of the Meteorites edt, but more soliflore. Heavenly to use, smell, and experience

Its funny that i have been using it for almost 15 years and i just remember to write a review for it. I guess when something already becomes part of your life you dont see it as some random makeup that need to be reviewed. My first encounter was back in 2001 when i was a freshman in college, my friend gave a tiny tub made from gold colored cardboard with rainbow swirl pattern on top (no 1). She said that her mother had been using it and loved it so much she gave my friend a tub which later she gave it to me.
At first i didnt get the idea of that powder, it didnt give me any color and seems the powder didnt adhere to my face well. The glow? I didnt see it either. However, i was diligently applied meteorites everyday and in 2006 when i was looking for my first job i stopped by at guerlain counter with my mom and remember those rainbow pearls that i still dont get it. I bought no 2 pink fresh and i love it as a blush. In a couple of years i bought two more tubs in teint dore and two guerlain meteorites brushes (by this time i understood the product perfectly). They are not soft but at that time it seemed the only brush that could handle the meteorites balls. Then my mother got me the Voyage in mythic and i apply it with shu uemura blush brush. Gorgeous! I like the texture better that the pearls because it doesnt move my foundation. I dusted it on top after i finished with my makeup. It gives you blur effect, ethereal look and makes your face softer. It doesnt control oil but my setting powder ysl souffle already done that job. Then i bought the perles de paradis LE and rainbow pearls LE. My only regret that i didnt buy the teint dore before it was replaced with Clair. Not that i miss the formula or color because i think it is quite the same, but i love the older pattern of teint dore tub. It is much prettier i think. For first timer: when you try this at the store, allow yourself 15 mins or so as to make the powder melt into your skin then you will be able to see the glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Creative, fun and effective! I got this product from my brother as my birthday present, and I absolutely love it! Since I've been reading interviews and checking on Youtube videos about the application and the effect, I instantly tried it as soon as I had the chance. The one I'm using is called Meteorites Pearls Carousel. Inside the package, there is this little round sponge, and that's what I use for my application although others might be using professional make up brush because hey, the sponge works the same, or perhaps, better (in my opinion). This product gives me a light blush effect, and it really evens out my skin colour. I highly suggest this to a school student, or college student, or people who are trying to achieve the 'no-makeup' look, because this thing surely works! I would highly suggest applying this product AFTER you've completed your makeup look. You don't necessarily have to wear this bare and by itself, you can wear this over your makeup for finishing touches (this thing does shimmer and really add the GLAM to your skin). If you are going for the natural no makeup look, I suggest you lightly brush on eyeshadow a few shades darker than your skin (I use Taupe by BobbiBrown), use mascara (I use Volum Express Maybelline), and you can choose to go with lip tint (I use Rose Tinted by Benefit) or basic lip balm. You can also fill in your brows. I usually go with Bobby Brown's eyeshadows (Rich Brown) to lightly fill them in, and blend them with my brushes. Hope this helps!!

This review is for the Rainbow Pearls, which I believe is limited edition. In actuality this version is just a mix of pearls that are already available in the permanent line, so you can definitely make your own rainbow pearls by mixing certain pearls from Clair, Medium, or Dore. I use this product with my Hakuhodo B002, which is a finishing brush made from blue squirrel. I'm sure that the brush deserves some credit, too, but this review is for the Meteorites. These Meteorites are so incredibly subtle. I did not notice any difference when I applied it, and I bought it knowing that I would probably not see a difference. Still, I continued to use it as a finishing powder at the end of my routine. Slowly, I began to notice a huge difference. Every time I caught my own reflection later in the day I was constantly amazed by how beautiful my skin looked. Eight, ten hours after I applied my makeup, my skin looked better than ever before. Even as I drove home in the dark of night, my skin was radiant and perfect under the horrible car lights. After this happened, I started paying more attention to my Meteorites. I began to see a difference even as I applied it; all the harsh edges left by my bronzer and blush were perfected. They were not only blended to perfection; they were also meld together in an especially beautiful way. Suddenly all the layers of my face makeup disappeared into a single beautiful layer. Please give Meteorites a try! I recommend using your softest, fluffiest brush and using all over your face, blending away all the harsh edges left by your blush, bronzer, contour, or even eyeshadow. It's like that last step that transforms a bad makeup day into sheer perfection. It also makes your makeup wear better all throughout the day. I suppose any good finishing powder would do something similar, but only Guerlain Meteorites, with it's gorgeous packaging and unique design, provides such a wonderful, luxurious experience. It also lasts forever, so in a way, it probably has a lower cost per use than even Hourglass' Ambient Lighting powders, which is probably the most popular finishing powder right now. One look at the sizes does confirm that Meteorites are cheaper gram per gram.

Innovative beautiful idea. The packing to the pearls are gorgeous, including the pressed version. My issue? The glitter :( it's more fine than chunky but I can see glitter on my skin and I hate that. Returned.

After reading some other reviews I feel the need to set some people straight (not in a rude way), I just want to tell you that this is NOT a highlighter in the traditional sense. These multi-coloured, traditionally Guerlaine-scented balls, are a finishing powder. A fine dusting will give your skin some life. This product is not meant to be used to highlight the plains of your face. Rather, the colour correcting tones of the tiny balls will set your makeup and give you an instant awake look.

Yes, is this product outrageously pricey? ABSOLUTELY! But if you're looking to treat yourself, keep in mind that these balls last forever! Overall a gorgeous product and it still sells out to this day, so for those of you non-believers, I would suggest giving it another go.

I have given this 0 lippies....let's see if this is possible on MUA.(OK I have had to put 1 lippy for rating to be recognised by MUA). I very rarely feel compelled to write a review, but I am so baffled by this product I have to. First of all it is so fragranced it must be bad for your skin. Second, it seems to me that it is more or less just talcum powder. I got the light/clair and the powder was green, which I guess is to cancel out redness....but who has green skin? Surely yellow toned products are what a make up artist would use to cancel out redness. To me this seems like something from a bygone era. It doesn't seem to have kept up with technological advancements in the beauty industry. I think you would be just as well to use talcum powder on your face. I will update this review if my opinion changes with further use, but don't hold your breath.... If you want a French powder product, buy NARS.