Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder

4.1

Talc, Nylon-12, Magnesium Myristate, Distarch Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrated Silica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, Silica, Parfum (fragrance), Meteorite Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, Aplha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geranoil, Cinnamyl Alcohol, [ /- Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Magnesium Violet)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product if you aren't against little sparkles all over the face.
The packaging looks beautiful on a vanity table and the product smells divine, saying so I would much prefer this to be fragrance-free.
I use it with a fluffy brush and it makes my face look photoshopped on pictures. Very beautiful. It has tiniest glitter particulars, that are quite obvious under sunlight or in any artificial lighting, but they are invisible on pictures, while in a real life (except gloomy days) are somewhat obvious.
I've got shade 02 and I'm NC 25. Frankly, I think I could get away with any shade since these almost have no color payoff.
I take a lot of pleasure from using these balls, but I'm not sure I will repurchase. It will take ages to use these up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is undoubtedly an expensive product, but it will last you YEARS. It is essentially loose powder in ball form. It is fragranced, but not too much. There are three different shades available, and each has three different colors inside. You can use it for color correction, or to just enhance and set your makeup. It imparts a radiant glow. As I said, it will last you years to get through an entire package of this powder pearls. It lasts forever! I love the look it gives my skin after I use it, it sets it nicely and gives my skin a healthy glow. It is iconic and has been around since the late 80's.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I managed to nab the Meteorites Birthday Candles collection during a sale on the Hermo website, and I'm loving these little balls a lot! I have super oily, acne prone skin often exacerbated by the humid weather in South East Asia and prefer to use light makeup/bb cream on a daily basis. This works as a finishing powder which I dust lightly at the end of my morning routine.

The effect feels subtle upon application, which made me skeptical at first use. And yet in certain types of lighting, you can really see what a lovely finish it gives--it's almost as if my huge pores are blurred with this. Some people have noticed the glow and passed compliments too, so it must be doing something great in its subtle manner.

In terms of oil control, it helps to delay the shine, but by the end of the day my t zone will need some blotting. That's OK though, i read some of the reviews pointing this out and did not put high expectations for oil control. Also a big plus that it doesn't break me out.

CONS
-it has a strong scent, which may be irritating for sensitive skin, so one lippie off for this
-It's pretty pricey, but then it will probably last for ages so I guess it's alright.

A word of advice though, don't be swishing your brush in the tin in a hurry over the sink, one of the balls flew right out and into the sink hole, which made my heart cry a little.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think the people negatively reviewing these were expecting too much. What would you expect, it's a pretty smelling powder in the form of colored spheres in pretty packaging, not a miracle that will turn you into Brigitte Bardot. But it's just a POWDER. How much can a powder do? Is it frivolous? Yes! But so what? Pretty much all makeup is frivolous. I like feeling glamorous when I'm doing my makeup and these are PERFECT for that.
Personally I love them, they perform great and look lovely on bare skin and the psychological "I'm so fancy, you already knooow" effect is very real. I like using them to take the edge off my "dewy skin" looks and keep it from looking greasy but still light reflective and luminous. I used just concealer for under my eyes, Nuxe Or oil on my face and the Meteorites and I'm telling you, my skin has NEVER looked prettier! Even if it's not a setting powder, I love using this under my eyes on top of my concealer, now that I'm 26 I am starting to have some very fine lines there and normal powder ( I have the La Prairie one) doesn't look all that great but this is so light and fine that it doesn't emphasize any lines and dryness at all. The scent reminds me of Kenzo Flower. I will repurchase until I die or as long as I can afford them (knock on wood).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is specifially for the Guerlain Meteorites Perles De Legende for Holiday 2016 edition, as I normally would have rated the standard version of the meteorites balls very highly. The holiday 2016 version is great for its mix of bluish-green, pink and gold balls. I think the colour mix is great. I don’t mind that it is slightly more sparkly than the standard version, cause it is still quite subtle (compared to the Hourglass Ambient powders, for example). My issue with the holiday 2016 edition is the inclusion of small balls. Because the balls are small and light, they get picked up by applicator brushes (the same happens with different brushes/ brush densities). It’s so annoying. It does this too sometimes with the bigger balls, but not as often. I just thought it worth mentioning, and hopefully someone from Guerlain pays attention. I know it looks cute on the tin can, but you have to develop products that are practical to use too.

I had a voucher and chose to get this last year... It is a lovely product but best reserved for night time...the shimmer is perceptible in daylight, but it imparts this beautiful ethereal glow for evenings. It softens imperfections for sure. I do a light dusting all over my face, and do my chest/cleavage and collarbones as well... The effect is subtle and so pretty. I like it and it's going to take a good few years to use up (I only reach for it on date nights or special occasions). But I won't repurchase, I just don't feel like it's worth it's full price, it's not a 'game changer' in my make-up routine (minus 1 lippie for this). Under the right lighting conditions, it performs beautifully, but under poor or fluoresent lighting it gives my skin this weird silvery cast (taking off another lippie for this). Maybe I should have gotten the medium shade, it's warmer and maybe wouldn't make me look silver in fluorescent lighting. For reference, I'm NC15 to NC20 (depending on season) with warm peachy/olive undertones, mediterranean coloring.

I LOVE THIS! Beautiful finishing powder. Blurs and gives a nice GLOW!

This is not a setting powder but because I have dry skin and get a cake face when I using setting powders I use this instead. It kind of does set too.

I have the Meteorites Balls in the color Clair but have now bought the compact in Medium.

I recommend it to all of you. It may be expensive but it goes a long way!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is mostly about the hype IMO. Lovely packaging and the balls look and smell so cute and dainty but didn't do much for my skin. It can add some dimention to the face if you're using a very matte foundation though. I can see tiny reflective specks when looking up close and they are quite refined. Other than that no proper setting, special glow or blurring effect. The one I got is 02 - Claire.

It surely is expensive but you get 25gr of product and it also lists diamond powder among the ingredients so I can't complain about the price. Bottom line; it's not a product I need and definitely not one I'd slather on the go but I enjoy using Meteorites for a night out. Surely I can't see much of a difference either way but feels fun and fancy. Now that the itch has been scratched I have no reason to repurchase.

Edit: From 2 lippies to 4. I removed the sparkly white balls and now it actually works for me, leaving an ethereal soft focus look to my skin. It's slightly mattifying now but still won't absorb oil. Happy to be able to use those beautiful Meteorites after all!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've had this in teinte d'or for years and never understood how to use it. I was initially disappointed because I had assumed it was a highlighter type powder, however when I attempted to use it on my skin, nothing showed up except for a few sparkles. I was cleaning out my makeup drawer the other day and used this again but tried it all over as a finishing or setting powder like others have suggested and I think that is the best option (even though Guerlain tried to market this a highlighting powder in their Sephora video). Like other finishing powders, it mattifies the skin but the subtle shimmer gives a glowy effect, it reminds me of Hourglass's ambient powders or Stila's illuminating powder foundation. That being said, I don't like the micro sparkles in here, it's not too noticeable but I don't want sparkles on my face. Also, while a powder like this would have been innovative in the 90s, there are so many subtle illuminating finishing powders today that I don't think its anything special. The packaging is cute though and I like the smell but this isn't a must-have

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have Mythic, and it is such a cool product. It is one of those things that I got purely because it has been called a must-have for such a long time. In my opinion it isn't necessary, but it is cool to have in my collection. The outer packaging is lovely, of course, and the balls inside are so cool. After many years, mine still have the light violet scent, but it isn't overpowering. I usually use this for special occasions, but I am thinking that I'll start using it more often just because there really is a good amount of product. The powder is great for finishing as it adds a soft glow. It doesn't really look like it does a whole lot, but it just makes the face look a little more polished.