The Body Shop Vitamin E Protective SPF 15 Moisture Lotion

The Body Shop Vitamin E Protective SPF 15 Moisture Lotion

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (6.0%), Octisalate (4.0%), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (3.0%); INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Carbomer, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citronellol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Geraniol, Tocopherol.

on 5/27/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I was looking for a moisturizer to use under my powder foundation. I purchased this lotion along with a powder blush during their recent Buy 3 Get 3 free sale. The lotion has a slight floral powdery fragrance with an SPF 15. It wears OK under my powder foundation.

There is nothing special about this product and I noticed a slight stinging when outside in sunlight. The lotion does NOT provide enough moisture for my dry mature skin and the SPF does not provide enough sun protection. This may work for those with normal to slightly oily skin but one would definitely need to follow up with a good sunscreen.

Edit: 6/24/16 - Returned this item with the purchase receipt.

I purchased this thinking it would be similar in consistency to the Vitamin E Moisture Cream, which I love. Sadly, this is nothing like it at all. It's very thick and doesn't sink in quickly. It also leaves a greasy/shiny film which doesn't go away over the course of the day. The fragrance is very strong for a facial moisturizer -- the same exact scent as the Vitamin E Body Butter (a rose-ish baby powder scent). I agree with a previous reviewer that the price ($19 USD) is way too high for a daily moisturizer. I love the Vitamin E line in general but to me, this moisturizer isn't up to par with the other products from this line. Overall, it's an okay moisturizer. Nothing special. I prefer the Vitamin C Moisturizer for day use, as it's SPF 30.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I live in the tropics so this is definitely not suitable for me. it made my face really greasy and clogs up my pores. I've been applying the rest of the content on my legs and feet. not like it moisturizes or anything, though.. I just don't know what else to do with it.

After much trial and error- the gals at TBS suggested this line. I tried the Vit C, seaweed and nutriganics. Nutriganics was ok but the others broke me out. this is nice and light... absorbs quickly and my skin has taken well to it. I wish the fragrance wasn't so powerful though. Kinda overwhelming at first, but does fade fast.

All in all, I like it, but don't love it. Will continue to use until I can find something else.

on 7/2/2011 10:33:00 AM

I first picked this up in the winter, since I suffer from combination skin (but the dry bits get REALLY dry in winter). It left my skin feeling so smooth and dewy without being oily looking and I was in love. I thought this was my new forever moisturizer.

Then summer happened. When the temperatures started to rise and I was sweating a lot, I found this moisturizer is just too thick for use when it's hot. My skin looked oily and I started breaking out a lot.

Once I switched moisturizers, my complexion went back to normal, so I know it was this moisturizer that made me break out.

I DO recommend it for the winter, or to anyone who suffers from dry skin year round, but for oily skinned or combination women it is not a good choice when the weather gets warm.

I will buy it again once the weather turns dry and cold.

on 3/16/2011 6:58:00 AM

i brought the vitamin e cream with spf15 as i had been using Clarins for about 9 years and it had just stopped working was getting loads of breakouts and scars from picking. Also wanted to try using drug store brands.
I thought the spf 15 and vitamin e would help with healing and stop pigmentation occurring.
The cream absorbs too quickly and leaves me feeling really matte and thye vitamin e hasn;t helped scars at all.
Packaging is good and hygienic but i won't be buying again, i don't feel two bad because it was about 9.
During the mission of rescuing my skin i started using olay 7in 1 face wash and it was great but thats another story!

on 10/5/2010 7:49:00 AM

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago when The Body Shop had buy two get one free. I was a little unsure as it has a pretty heavy consistency. After using it since then I can tell you this moisturizer is amazing! I was a bit nervous as it comes in such a small size for what you pay, but you need so little each day that it is going to last a long time. It gives my skin a dewy, glowy, feeling without being too heavy. I normally opt for moisturizers that leave a matte look, but now that I've switched to this I won't go back. I have combination skin and this is just right for moisturizing the dry parts and keeping the rest in check and from getting to shiny. I highly suggest you go pick some up today! This is my new forever moisturizer. And with SPF you can't go wrong.

on 8/7/2010 12:06:00 AM

I am not sure if this is for the facial moisturizer or a body lotion. I am a huge fan of the facial moisturizer - it absorbs quickly and is a great primer before foundation. I have had problems buying again - clerk at store said there was problems getting product from "fair trade" routes? Not sure but I hope they work out issues soon. This stuff is great!

on 6/22/2010 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this to try as my day cream, as it had spf 15. Unfortunately, I found it too oily for my combination skin. It made me break out, so I had to give it away.

on 1/14/2010 10:36:00 AM

Great everyday moisturizer for most times of the year. I get a little dry in the winter with this sometimes and it can be a little heavy during the heat of the summer, but it works great the rest of the year. It has a light scent and spreads easily.