LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask
BB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally finished up 5 face masks and took the empty pots back to Lush and the lady recommended this one. It is a clay based mask so it turns hard but once rinsed off with warm water it turns into a milky cleanser with little chunks of seaweed (great exfoliating action :P)I leave it on for about 20-30 mins and it leaves my skin bright, tight and soft. The 2 things that I don't like about this is the scent, it kinda smells off and too strong for my liking and the fact that it only lasts for less than 1 month, but that's the point of these fresh masks as it does not contain any presevatives so you'll need to keep it in the fridge with a shorter shelf life. Overall, I do like the effect it leaves on my skin after I rinse it off so I'll repurchase :)

on 3/15/2016 2:29:00 PM

Being an avid lover of korean face masks and with combination skin, I was excited to try this mask as it has bentonite clay in it which would help tighten pores and absorb all the excess sebum and oil in my face as well.

Sure to say, this mask didnt disappoint and I enjoyed it more than other clay masks I've tried so far like the Innisfree Volcanic Clay Mask and Aztec Clay mask as well.

Why would I choose this over other masks? I felt it was fresher as it was made barely a week before I purchased it - the sticker said so, and also the scent mainly won me over, it wasn't just an average boring clay mask that tightened pores, it also smelled good and had gentle exfoliating almond bits in it to take off any extra dead skin while washing off.

Application was easy, you could use a spatula or scoop if you want to keep the rest of the product clean but I literally dug in with my fingers.

I was abit hesitant knowing that the mask had to be kept fresh in the fridge and applied cold, as I do not usually enjoy cold sheet masks or cold water on my face. However, this was a surprisingly refreshing cool feeling instead of the kind that sends a shiver.

I left it on for 15min before washing off with water, and was glad to find my pores tightened and also skintone looking a tad bit brighter, despite having a long day.

I used the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser also by Lush before this mask :)

Pros:
-Cooling, refreshing feeling
-TIghtened pores, left face feeling fresh, and brighter skin tone as well
-Suitable for sensitive skin and oily-acne prone skin
-Great value for a natural product
-Cruelty-free and ethical

Cons:
-Check expiry before purchase
-Short expiry as it does not have preservatives
-If you do not apply properly and have huge chunks, they can get stuck in sink when washing off.

To Read all 108 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great smell and it supported me for my other problems on my skin such as red points.

Maria

on 2/21/2016 8:25:00 AM

A deliciously luxurious mask with a lovely subtle botanical smell with great results.

When I first bought the mask I was taken back by how "coarse" it is - it contains a fair few chunks of seaweed etc. The second thing was how aromatic the mask is. Neither of these things are a bad thing at all! The chunky texture of the mask provides are soft exfoliation as it is washed off, and the smell is fresh and uplifting but not over powering.

The mask needs to be stored in the fridge and for the best reasons. Not only does it maintain it's freshness but the cold mask really helps bring down puffiness on my skin. It's a very soothing feeling. Some people may not like splashing cold water on their face and neither do I, but this works in a different way. The cold doesn't shock, rather it gently cools my skin down.

I use this mask once a week - I tend to leave this mask on for about 15 minutes, once the clay dries completely. It does feel tight however this is instantly gone once I start rinsing it off with water. My skin is left looking bright and very obviously clean without looking red. I tend to immediately apply a layer of organic rosehip oil over my face and then apply my night cream. I find the three work really well together and I wake up with very plump supple skin.

The only slight gripe is the price - £6.75 for a small pot. This doesn't personally bother me given how effective it is. I also tend to put a thinner layer on which gives me more use out of it.

It's the perfect addition to my Sunday night ritual!!

I bought this mask for it's soothing properties. It contains things such as seaweed, rose and aloe vera which are soothing to the skin and help to reduce redness, something which I needed as I was a little sunburnt on my cheeks. This mask helped to reduce redness and cool down the area. It only stung for a couple of seconds on the sunburnt areas, but this faded quickly and it did not sting the unburnt areas. It did not dry out my skin. It dried quickly and was easy to remove. It provided a mild exfoliation. The smell is very floral, not at all fishy as one might expect from a seaweed product. The scent is quite strong, but even still this mask did not irritate my sensitive skin. This was a lovely mask and I would repurchase. I would not recommend this for extremely dry skin.

on 8/9/2015 1:02:00 PM

My daughter and I bought this one to share-- we're both a little acne-prone and a tad oily in the t-zone but basically okay. And first off, it did not break either of us out.

The mask smells lovely. The consistency which troubled some other reviewers did not bother us so much, but there are BIG chunks of seaweed in it. BIG chunks. So if you're looking for a smooth mask, look elsewhere.

This one dries like concrete. Again, if that is a problem for you, either wash it off early or chose a different mask. But we went about 20 minutes with a lot of goop on our faces and it went pretty hard by the end. (I happen to like that feeling, myself.)

But in the end, I have to say my face looked less red right after and the next day. It's super soothing and it makes your face feel really silky. We are working our way through all the LUSH masks and so far this is really a favorite.

on 6/8/2015 2:42:00 PM

I like this mask and to exfoliating. If you think that love lettuce is a little ruff try this one out. I rotated 3 masks. Catastrophe, BB Seaweed, and Love Lettuces. I love all three masks. This one is revitalizing, a lot of minerals, smell great. My face feel soft, smooth, and cleaned. I bought it for $6.95 before tax. I used this 4 times/per week. I usually buy one tub a time due to expired in 2 weeks. This fresh mask need to be in the refrigerator all the time. Update: 07/26/15, This became one of my favorite along with my Oatifix. I lived in San Diego and the weather is making me dry lately. BB Seaweed and Oatifix has been my best friend. Love and must have.

on 3/10/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite Lush masks for exfoliating. It is a creamy clay based mask with ground almonds, honey, and seaweed. Essential oils of rose, patchouli and rosemary add to its scent, but it's not that strong. I smell more of the almonds and seaweed more than anything. Very refreshing to apply out of the fridge and there is enough slip to massage around the face. I let it sit for 10 minutes before hopping in the shower to wash it off. (It can be pretty messy to wash off in the sink.) I wash the product off in circular motions to further utilize the ground almonds as a scrub. My skin feels refreshed and firmed up. I follow with a toner and my daily moisturizer. I get 3-4 uses out of each pot as I like to apply the product fairly thick. Take note of the expiration date on Lush masks - I tend to buy only two kinds at a time so I can use them up within 2-4 weeks of purchase.

on 2/23/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I haven't loved either of the two fresh masks I've tried from Lush. I don't love the chunks of seaweed, they're just annoying mixed in there. I also don't find an enormous difference in my skin texture after using this. Not worth the mess, this one.

on 2/3/2015 6:00:00 PM

Clay based, but more moisturizing than Catastrophe Cosmetic.