LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask
BB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face MaskBB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

on 6/7/2017 8:39:00 AM

A truly hydrating mask. I have combination skin that has lately been getting dry patches on cheeks. The SA recommended me this product as a hydrating mask. Many times the sales speeches aren't true, but in this case, the mask really worked. I left the mask on for 15 minutes (the instructions said at least 10 minutes) on clean skin, gently massaged it and washed it off with warm water. My skin felt fresh and so soft! In my opinion, my pores seemed a bit tighter too. The washing off process can be a bit messy and long, since the mask has big chunks that are hard to get off skin.

My skin is also sensitive and some natural skincare products irritate it. However, BB Seaweed didn't irritate my skin at all. In fact, the mask calmed my skin. I believe the aloe vera and the seaweed are a good calming combination. Also since you have to keep the product in fridge, the cold mask will cool skin down. The scent of the mask actually for some reason reminds me of ocean (probally seaweed).

I would give BB Seaweed 5 lippies, but the short expiration date takes one lippie off. When I purchased the product, it had nine days left. I remembered to use the mask three times before it expired, but it still had almost half of the pot left. One pot is supposed to give you 4 masks, but I think it has much more of product. My wish is that Lush would make smaller and therefore, a little bit cheaper pots.

Otherwise, I love the mask and perhaps next time I will use the excess product to exfoliate my legs.

I have dry (especially in winter) skin so I asked the lush associate for a hydrating mask, and this was cautiously recommended. Despite the associates somewhat lack lustre recommendation- I loved this mask!I have been trying different masks over the past couple of years to address minor skin issues- especially dullness in winter and to reduce appearance or pores or blemishes. So far, this mask has been my favourite, my skin definitely feels and looks (I think) refreshed, tight, and bright. I did find that I had to use it more often (or apply a lot) than I would normally be inclined because it has a short expiration date. Ideally I would use this once per week. A con is that it is goopy, and after setting it tends to crumble so I'll find bits of it on the floor/ couch after use- not a big deal! Definitely will repurchase.

on 11/23/2016 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Out of Lush's fresh mask collection, I can definitely say that this is my favourite! It cleans out and tightens my pores, which I wasn't really expecting, especially given how difficult this usually is to achieve. It also left my skin looking brighter and less tired, as well as feeling smooth and clean.

Additionally, I have VERY sensitive skin, and so with some of the other fresh Lush masks, the closer it got to the expiration date, the more my skin would react sensitively to the product (e.g., tingling/itching when applied, a bit of redness after). However, with BB Seaweed, I had no negative reaction to the mask at all, which is a big win for me! Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/16/2016 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This one is very soothing and a pleasure to wear. My skin typically looks brighter for a few days after using it. I feel this one does an excellent job evening skin tone and eliminating redness and well as sucking up extra oil and drawing impurities to the surface.

There are little chunks of seaweed in this that I don't think add anything. LUSH could improve the product further buy using a seaweed powder and including some crushed almonds to use an an exfoliant instead

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I finally finished up 5 face masks and took the empty pots back to Lush and the lady recommended this one. It is a clay based mask so it turns hard but once rinsed off with warm water it turns into a milky cleanser with little chunks of seaweed (great exfoliating action :P)I leave it on for about 20-30 mins and it leaves my skin bright, tight and soft. The 2 things that I don't like about this is the scent, it kinda smells off and too strong for my liking and the fact that it only lasts for less than 1 month, but that's the point of these fresh masks as it does not contain any presevatives so you'll need to keep it in the fridge with a shorter shelf life. Overall, I do like the effect it leaves on my skin after I rinse it off so I'll repurchase :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This has become my new favorite Lush mask! I've tried nearly all of them but this works the best for my dry, sensitive, combo skin. In ONE use my skin feels renewed and smoother. The texture is really easy to spread and not too thick. It feels so so relaxing putting it on, very soothing and almost cold. Another winner from Lush!

on 2/21/2016 8:25:00 AM

A deliciously luxurious mask with a lovely subtle botanical smell with great results.

When I first bought the mask I was taken back by how "coarse" it is - it contains a fair few chunks of seaweed etc. The second thing was how aromatic the mask is. Neither of these things are a bad thing at all! The chunky texture of the mask provides are soft exfoliation as it is washed off, and the smell is fresh and uplifting but not over powering.

The mask needs to be stored in the fridge and for the best reasons. Not only does it maintain it's freshness but the cold mask really helps bring down puffiness on my skin. It's a very soothing feeling. Some people may not like splashing cold water on their face and neither do I, but this works in a different way. The cold doesn't shock, rather it gently cools my skin down.

I use this mask once a week - I tend to leave this mask on for about 15 minutes, once the clay dries completely. It does feel tight however this is instantly gone once I start rinsing it off with water. My skin is left looking bright and very obviously clean without looking red. I tend to immediately apply a layer of organic rosehip oil over my face and then apply my night cream. I find the three work really well together and I wake up with very plump supple skin.

The only slight gripe is the price - £6.75 for a small pot. This doesn't personally bother me given how effective it is. I also tend to put a thinner layer on which gives me more use out of it.

It's the perfect addition to my Sunday night ritual!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this mask for it's soothing properties. It contains things such as seaweed, rose and aloe vera which are soothing to the skin and help to reduce redness, something which I needed as I was a little sunburnt on my cheeks. This mask helped to reduce redness and cool down the area. It only stung for a couple of seconds on the sunburnt areas, but this faded quickly and it did not sting the unburnt areas. It did not dry out my skin. It dried quickly and was easy to remove. It provided a mild exfoliation. The smell is very floral, not at all fishy as one might expect from a seaweed product. The scent is quite strong, but even still this mask did not irritate my sensitive skin. This was a lovely mask and I would repurchase. I would not recommend this for extremely dry skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great smell and it supported me for my other problems on my skin such as red points.

Maria

on 3/15/2016 2:29:00 PM

Being an avid lover of korean face masks and with combination skin, I was excited to try this mask as it has bentonite clay in it which would help tighten pores and absorb all the excess sebum and oil in my face as well.

Sure to say, this mask didnt disappoint and I enjoyed it more than other clay masks I've tried so far like the Innisfree Volcanic Clay Mask and Aztec Clay mask as well.

Why would I choose this over other masks? I felt it was fresher as it was made barely a week before I purchased it - the sticker said so, and also the scent mainly won me over, it wasn't just an average boring clay mask that tightened pores, it also smelled good and had gentle exfoliating almond bits in it to take off any extra dead skin while washing off.

Application was easy, you could use a spatula or scoop if you want to keep the rest of the product clean but I literally dug in with my fingers.

I was abit hesitant knowing that the mask had to be kept fresh in the fridge and applied cold, as I do not usually enjoy cold sheet masks or cold water on my face. However, this was a surprisingly refreshing cool feeling instead of the kind that sends a shiver.

I left it on for 15min before washing off with water, and was glad to find my pores tightened and also skintone looking a tad bit brighter, despite having a long day.

I used the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser also by Lush before this mask :)

Pros:
-Cooling, refreshing feeling
-TIghtened pores, left face feeling fresh, and brighter skin tone as well
-Suitable for sensitive skin and oily-acne prone skin
-Great value for a natural product
-Cruelty-free and ethical

Cons:
-Check expiry before purchase
-Short expiry as it does not have preservatives
-If you do not apply properly and have huge chunks, they can get stuck in sink when washing off.