L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Pure Foaming Cream Cleanser

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/13/2007 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

WOW! I can't believe all the low reviews for this product. This cleanser was my HG cleanser for years until it became difficult to find and I've been floundering ever since trying to find a cleanser as good as NutriPure. Imagine my delight at finding it at Ulta last week. I'm ECSTATIC! They haven't changed the formula - it's the same excellent cleanser that takes off all my makeup, rinses off completely and easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean - no greasy residue or layer of something that the skin-care makers think I need. I hate it when cleansers leave my skin feeling like there's something still there or, worse, they've added something that they think I need; I don't, thank you very much. I'll add what I think my skin needs after I've cleansed it sufficiently. Now that I know this product isn't discontinued or at least I have a source where I can find it, I will continue to buy it.

I bought this in a pinch after realizing that I'd forgotten my cetaphil on a business trip. I thought I'd really enjoy having a foaming cleanser for once- I usually only use Cetaphil or Apricot Scrub- but I have to say that I'm not impressed with this. It's not terribly moisturizing- my skin felt sort of tight afterwards and I have pretty bullet-proof skin! I don't mind it, but I won't be purchasing this one again...

on 10/23/2006 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I did not like this one at all. It was way to drying for my skin and really made my eczema worse. I had to double the amount of moisturizer I put on my face to keep it from looking flakey. This is going in the trash.

on 6/20/2006 1:37:00 AM

After a few days, my skin become very dry and irritated. It also left my skin feeling tight. This product is a huge failure. Not for anyone with dry or sensitive skin, I think. I don't like that it has triclosan. Somehow I missed that before I purchased it.

This is an ok cleanser. It does a good job of removing makeup and dirt. It lathers lightly and smells decent. It is for dry skin, but leaves my normal skin tight and dried out. It does not add moisture at all. Not too good if you really do have dry skin.

on 6/24/2005 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this and the Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream for dry skin at Wal-Mart when they didn't have my Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions Dry Skin Cream Cleanser this past winter and I was disappointed with how it made my whole face so dry and tight, so I didn't use it anymore until I found it under my sink the other day. I thought I would give it another try since it's hot and humid now, so I thought it might not be so bad to use it. Plus I didn't wanna just waste the money I spent on it. Well.... come to find out it's still just about as bad as it was when I used it during the winter that one time. Even though it does "Deep clean & smoothes" like it says on the front of the tube it sure doesn't do it "without the tightness". Another complaint I have about this is it says it's a "Foaming Cream Cleanser". I don't really care if it really foams or not. I actually prefer just a cream cleanser, but they shouldn't put that on the tube when it doesn't. I'm going to give this to my brother since he has oily skin because this is WAY too harsh for mine. This says it's for dry skin, but I just can't see it. My face was so tight it felt like it was just about to crack or bust open right after I patted it dry with a towel. Never again...

on 3/13/2005 9:41:00 PM

Surprisingly drying for a cleanser that is supposedely for dry skin. . . I pretty much have normal skin and when I used this even in the summer when my skin is slightly more oily, this stuff was still too drying. Too bad because I like the foaming cream cleanser types.

on 11/17/2004 9:39:00 PM

Wow, it's amazing how differently the same product works on different people. I love this cleanser and have been using it exclusively for about a year. I had tried every cleasner for dry/sensative skin including the most expensive high-end ones (my preference!). This is the only cleanser that does not dry my skin out and rinses clean. Like other reviewers, I don't like how it stings the eyes, but I see that as a small price to pay to have normal acting skin. I am probably on my 6th tube and will continue to use it until I find something better.

on 10/27/2004 10:26:00 AM

This product is supposidely for dry skin. However, the Nutri-Pure Self-Foaming Cleanser (for Normal/Dry skin) is a much better option than this one. That was what I had been using, but when I ran to the drugstore all they had was this product. So, I tried it, thinking, "How different can it be?" Very, apparently. This one left my skin dry and tight, and yes--ouch--it does sting like crazy if it gets in your eyes. I ended up throwing nearly the full tube out. I highly recommend the Nutri-Pure Self-Foaming Cleanser instead--it's gentle and fragrance-free.

This is your average cleanser, nothing special. I was annoyed because the label reads that it "Deep cleans & smoothes without tightness". This, however, is not true. As with other cleansers, my face feels tight after using it. It is supposed to be for dry skin but I would not recommend using it if you have dry skin.