CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye
Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eyeTake The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I"ve used this for years and I find it gentle & effective. It never stings. You don't have to rub with it. It needs a good shake before using. I semi-saturate a cotton ball or pad with it and then put it right on my eye lid (or lips, or whatever) and hold it there for a good 5-10 seconds, depending on how heavy the make up is. It's a bit oily but it dissolves everything, including stubborn waterproof mascara. I usually splash my eyes with water several times after I've used it, just to get the residue off. I've gotten this in my eyes before by accident and it never burns or stings. This also removes lipstick really well. This and Lancome's BiFacil are the two best eye makeup removers out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got some of this because I am an idiot and didn’t realize the TTDO balm is meant to be rinsed off, not tissued off, and was unhappy with it. I was planning to use this just like a micellar water but need to use two cotton pads and more product than I bargained for to get all of my makeup off. So I sat down, got out my readers, and read the instructions printed directly on the containers of both TTDO formulas, and figured out where I was going wrong. So ok, the balm can be rinsed off (yey!) but this does too and I would find it a hastle to use two different products to just remove makeup.
I’m not complaining too much as this does remove all of my eye makeup quite well as intended, but I take a lippie off because you gotta rinse your skin after using this and thus makes it difficult to use as either a spot makeup remover to say, remove just my eye makeup if I was playing with looks and didn’t want to have to wash my entire face each time. I suppose if I wore waterproof mascara or smudgeproof eyeliner I might want to take the extra step and use this to make sure it is thoroughly removed, so I’m goong to keep it around for this. But otherwise I feel there are better options in Clinique’s makeup remover lineup for a whole face makeup remover, so I take a lippie off.

on 6/4/2018 11:33:00 AM

Leaves such a greasy residue that you have to clean it off. I don't see the point in removing a makeup remover. Also the top is like a child-safe top on prescription bottles which makes it annoying. I love Clinique products so I expected better.

Unfortunately I have not had great success with this product. While I do like Clinique’s makeup products, in my experience the majority of their skincare range leaves a lot to be desired. I simply follow the instructions and apply to a cotton pad before gently removing my makeup. While it does remove makeup, I find I have to use quite a lot of product for it to be effective. As this product isn’t cheap, this is automatically a negative. I also find that it leaves a horrible greasy, oily feeling on the face. I always rinse with water after cleansing my makeup, with whatever remover I use, but this is the first remover I have used that I absolutely cannot stand the feel of. As such, I would definitely not repurchase this product. I believe there are much better makeup removers out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I hate to admit it, but this is the best liquid eye makeup remover out there.

I've tried them all, drugstore and up. Only one other comes close, and it's Ulta's store brand, but it still isn't as effective and leaves my vision cloudy. Plus the oil separates from the water and you have to shake it. Not with Clinique. This is perfect for sensitive eyes. Removes anything you throw at it.

I'm a fan but still cringe at the price. I try to get it in free samples with purchase to satisfy my cheapness. Love the locking lid too! Many times I have knocked bottles over, or thrown them in a bag and they weren't closed tight. It's a staple.

on 2/28/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My HG is the Boscia makeup breakup cool cleansing oil, I tried this product because of all the positive reviews on YT. This will not replace my HG. It does a good job of removing regular mascara, but I feel that I have to still slightly tug on my eye to remover waterproof mascara. That is a major negative for me. I find it kind of pricey. I honestly prefer the Neutrogena makeup remover, my fav is the Equate makeup remover, and both are a fraction of the cost. I am still on the hunt for a eye makeup remover that takes off waterproof mascara with not tugging or that causes clouding of the eye.

3/19/18- Update so I have changed my mind on this product, I have down graded my over all rating from a 3 to a 2. The reason being is that this does not remove waterproof mascara at all!! It does remove regular mascara like but I still feel that I have to slightly tug on my eye to remove even regular mascara. The reason for my 2 rating is that even though I still struggle with this product it does not cause any eye irritation, I have extremely sensitive eyes so that is a plus for me. A small trick I have learned that works okay for me is I usually use a makeup wipe to take my face makeup off, I will pour the eye makeup remover on to the used wipe, this does work a little bit better to remove my WP mascara. I paid for this product so I will use it up, otherwise it's good money down the drain, but I will not repurchase.

on 12/28/2017 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have worn waterproof mascara for nearly 15 years, and I'm a die-hard Lancome Bifacil fan. However, I've recently started purchasing this (I do use lots of other Clinique products) after getting it in a gift last year and using it. I've found that it works just as well as Bifacil, and it's a much better price point. This does not irritate and breaks down hard-to-remove waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I always use this on a cotton round and it removes all traces of my eye makeup. Hands down I will keep purchasing! I also wear contacts, and this doesn't seem to leave a film on them, even if I remove my makeup while my contacts are still in.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite eye makeup removers are Klorane and Lancome Effacil (which is discontinued maybe). Out of sheer frustration, i started using Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo to remove my eye makeup. It is effective & gentle, readily available and not pricey. So i use the baby shampoo as my primary eye makeup remover. While travelling in Atlanta for work, i discovered i did not have anything to remove my eye makeup. So i got myself to Sephora and bought a small bottle (1.7 oz) of this. I am a little more than halfway thru my bottle and have been using 6 months. I use a damp cotton round with a little bit of baby shampoo, one round for each eye, for that first pass removing my eye makeup. This removes most of my eye makeup. Then, i use a cotton swab dipped in TTDO under lower lashes to clean up any lingering traces of leftover makeup. These products in this sequence works very well for me. My only complaint with this is the oily residue it leaves behind. But i must say i have never really liked bi-phasic eye makeup removers. Therefore, i am not sure i would repurchase.

on 9/25/2017 11:24:00 PM

Best eye makeup remover. Tried others and this is the best. Can't live without it. I carry the travel size when I'm out of town.

on 6/26/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This works great for me but to be fair I don't use waterproof formulas. I hate anything waterproof. I needed something that can remove the left over liquid eyeliner at the outer corners of my eyes. I don't like that it is extremely oily because when I wash it off I feel like my eyes are still oily. So now I must choose...left over make up on my eyes or having oily eyes. I choose to buy a different makeup remover.