Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye
Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eyeTake The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/28/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My HG is the Boscia makeup breakup cool cleansing oil, I tried this product because of all the positive reviews on YT. This will not replace my HG. It does a good job of removing regular mascara, but I feel that I have to still slightly tug on my eye to remover waterproof mascara. That is a major negative for me. I find it kind of pricey. I honestly prefer the Neutrogena makeup remover, my fav is the Equate makeup remover, and both are a fraction of the cost. I am still on the hunt for a eye makeup remover that takes off waterproof mascara with not tugging or that causes clouding of the eye.

3/19/18- Update so I have changed my mind on this product, I have down graded my over all rating from a 3 to a 2. The reason being is that this does not remove waterproof mascara at all!! It does remove regular mascara like but I still feel that I have to slightly tug on my eye to remove even regular mascara. The reason for my 2 rating is that even though I still struggle with this product it does not cause any eye irritation, I have extremely sensitive eyes so that is a plus for me. A small trick I have learned that works okay for me is I usually use a makeup wipe to take my face makeup off, I will pour the eye makeup remover on to the used wipe, this does work a little bit better to remove my WP mascara. I paid for this product so I will use it up, otherwise it's good money down the drain, but I will not repurchase.

on 12/28/2017 9:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have worn waterproof mascara for nearly 15 years, and I'm a die-hard Lancome Bifacil fan. However, I've recently started purchasing this (I do use lots of other Clinique products) after getting it in a gift last year and using it. I've found that it works just as well as Bifacil, and it's a much better price point. This does not irritate and breaks down hard-to-remove waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I always use this on a cotton round and it removes all traces of my eye makeup. Hands down I will keep purchasing! I also wear contacts, and this doesn't seem to leave a film on them, even if I remove my makeup while my contacts are still in.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite eye makeup removers are Klorane and Lancome Effacil (which is discontinued maybe). Out of sheer frustration, i started using Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo to remove my eye makeup. It is effective & gentle, readily available and not pricey. So i use the baby shampoo as my primary eye makeup remover. While travelling in Atlanta for work, i discovered i did not have anything to remove my eye makeup. So i got myself to Sephora and bought a small bottle (1.7 oz) of this. I am a little more than halfway thru my bottle and have been using 6 months. I use a damp cotton round with a little bit of baby shampoo, one round for each eye, for that first pass removing my eye makeup. This removes most of my eye makeup. Then, i use a cotton swab dipped in TTDO under lower lashes to clean up any lingering traces of leftover makeup. These products in this sequence works very well for me. My only complaint with this is the oily residue it leaves behind. But i must say i have never really liked bi-phasic eye makeup removers. Therefore, i am not sure i would repurchase.

on 9/25/2017 11:24:00 PM

Best eye makeup remover. Tried others and this is the best. Can't live without it. I carry the travel size when I'm out of town.

on 6/26/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This works great for me but to be fair I don't use waterproof formulas. I hate anything waterproof. I needed something that can remove the left over liquid eyeliner at the outer corners of my eyes. I don't like that it is extremely oily because when I wash it off I feel like my eyes are still oily. So now I must choose...left over make up on my eyes or having oily eyes. I choose to buy a different makeup remover.

on 2/12/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I recently did a comparison of three dual-phase eye makeup removers: Clinique TTDO, Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and Lancome Bi-Facil. None of them have been perfect. However, the Clinique product has the benefit of having a very gentle, fragrance-free formula. My gripe is that the Clinique is not as effective as the Neutrogena or Lancome products--I found I had to rub more vigorously for the Clinique to remove tenacious makeup. So the extra hard rubbing made this Clinique product equally as irritating as the other two. In other words, any benefit of having a gentle, non-irritating formula was completely negated. I would purchase the Clinique product again only if I can't find something better.

on 1/28/2017 12:28:00 AM

This stuff is amazing ! I brought this after I decided that I was tired of having raccoon eyes even after washing my face. All you really need is a little amount and just like that the eye makeup disappears love it love it love it! Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a really nice and very effective makeup remover for those who are okay with oily residue.
My sensitive eyes can't handle it. It irritates me badly, I can't see anything for couple of minutes.
I will never repurchase it, but I would recommend it to those who's eyes are okay with oils.

on 1/17/2017 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Recently started using this as it was in the ultimate indulgence kit. I've used the rinse-off remover in the blue bottle for years, and I think I like this better. As other reviewers have mentioned: a little goes a long way, it leaves an oily residue, and it works very well (with little wiping/scrubbing) on ALL waterproof makeup. I always rinse off my face after removing makeup, so the oily residue doesn't bother me. I'm really liking it this winter, will see if it is too oily in the summer, if so, the regular remover in the blue bottle works great too, though I have to wipe/scrub a bit more for waterproof eye liner, or mascara.

I really like this product