Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I've been using this for years and it truly takes all kinds of eye makeup off (even waterproof). I use such a small amount on a round cotton ball and it removes all my makeup. I shake before using because there can be separation.

on 5/25/2016 2:13:00 PM

I think this is a great eye makeup remover. It's very thorough and doesn't leave anything behind. And it doesn't irritate my eyes in the least, even when I'm wearing my contacts.

No complaints whatsoever. I would definitely buy this again. Recommended!

To Read all 695 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's just average. It does a decent job of removal, but it takes a couple of pads. On the plus side, it doesn't sting my sensitive eyes

on 4/13/2016 5:43:00 AM

I've been using this product for years. I find it the best to remove all traces of eye makeup. I use it on a damp pad and my mascara, eyeliner, etc is just wiped away. Gentle and effective!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It does what it is supposed to however for £17 this is really overpriced. Garnier Micellar Water does the same job more or less and is £3.29 for a larger size. It doesn't take off all of my eye makeup with one cotton pad I still find I have to go in twice so definitely not worth the money.

on 4/1/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good eye makeup remover, but it has some flaws. I find the product more effective than many drugstore brands (for example, L'oreal, Maybelline and Lumene) and better than some of the high end alternatives (Bioderma, Kanebo). Eye makeup comes quite easily off with this product, but not with one swipe. I usually need to swipe my eye three times, before mascara has gone completely off. The product doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, which is a big plus. It also doesn't leave any greasy feeling on skin. The price is pretty high for an eye makeup remover, but it's one of the cheapest among HE products.

My biggest complaint is about the bottle. I have a couple of times wasted product, because of the open top. Therefore, I would prefer a squeeze mechanism. Although the bottle has a safe mechanism (the top shouldn't open unless you press it down and twist it), I wouldn't be comfortable putting it in my suitcase in case there was some leakage.

I would repurchase unless I find something better in the same price range.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This makeup remover is decent, but it's no better than regular drugstore eye makeup removers. In fact, some of the other ones are a bit better in my opinion.

The reason for this is because the formula seems to be just a tad weaker than some of the other ones, especially the ones that have oil in them.

There are a lot of reviews that mention how many cotton swipes they needed to remove their eye makeup with this product, and I too experienced the exact same thing.

It's an ok product, nothing to write home about, but was definitely disappointed in its performance given its price tag.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I only get it in samples because of the price, but it is amazing. The only thing I would change is the bottle. The top doesn't always twist down completely, so I usually put it in another bottle that has a more secure fit so none of it is wasted.

I want to loveee this product but I am not 100% sure. It is quite expensive so I expect it to do wonders. I actually use this for my entire face lol (I got this as a sample originally and loved it but it was only on my second bottle did I realize that it's only for eyes and lips lol :P oops). So yes it does remove all of my makeup but here is my issue...
My issue with this product is that it does not take off the eye or lip makeup easily (and I don't wear waterproof eye makeup!). It does take out eye shadow well but for eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.. I find that I have to use multiple cotton pads and cotton buds just to remove them all.

What keeps me repurchasing this is that it's really gentle on my skin. I don't break out and it doesn't leave any weird film on my skin. I might try another cleansing oil that's cheaper and does the job well because for $20 (more or less), I expect it make removing makeup easy and not a chore. If I fail at finding something else I like I will go back to it. I definitely don't want to compromise on the gentleness of a product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I adore this MU remover, efficient in taking any MU off with one single swipe without irritation. Works for eyes & lips ! I'm on my third bottle. One of my HGs
Def recommend it.