Clean & Clear Advantage Daily Acne Clearing Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.7

For my purposes, this lotion is perfect. I have fairly nice skin, just a typical blackhead issue on the nose/chin.
I use a daily facial cleanser in the shower (Neutrogena Pink grapefruit foaming scrub) and i love it, but it leaves a few dry patches alone my t-zone. After each shower, i apply a small amount of lotion (1 pump) to this area and on my chin while i'm still drying off.
While almost every other lotion i've tried break me out, this is just moisturizing enough while still helping me keep the pimples at bay. I've never been able to use a product successfully without either completely drying me out or breaking me out until this combination.

I think some people on here are accidentally reviewing a different product. This lotion comes in a 4 oz. bottle that's gray with purple and white lettering, and the salicylic acid percentage is 2% (which is the sole reason I bought it--that, and it has no parabens).

I like to fight acne around the clock. At night, I use a prescription retinol and during the day, i use antioxidant serums, sunscreen, and spot-treatment for zits. but if I am going out at night, I figure that's another opportunity to fight zits when I don't have to use sunscreen. So, I use this acne moisturizer under my makeup. So far, I am very pleased with it...there are a few dry spots where I need to add another mosturizer, but I will definitely keep using this. It makes me feel a little less guilty about staying out all night with lots of makeup on when I should be sleeping!

on 4/11/2009 3:24:00 PM

I love this facial lotion! I have acne-prone, combo skin (the oily parts get pretty oily, and the dry parts can get pretty dry.) This lotion -- on it's own -- does not provide enough moisture for my face, so I've started mixing it about 60/40 with the Aveeno lotion that I use on my face. Since I started using the Clean & Clear Advantage moisturizer, probably 3 weeks ago, I have not had one single break-out. Prior to using this stuff, I'd break out a couple of times/month (usually just a few whiteheads, and a few of those pesky cystic pimples)...but, since using this, I have only had one cystic pimple, and it seemed to not get as angry and fierce looking as in the past, and it cleared up a little quicker than normal, too.

In addition, this moisturizer absorbs very quickly, and leaves my skin feeling extra smooth and silky. I have NOT noticed my pores getting anymore "cloggy" than normal, nor have I noticed an increase in blackheads.

This is a keeper! A "must try" if you have acne-prone skin!

on 6/22/2008 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Overall, this was pretty good. It made my skin really soft. Initially I did notice my blemishes getting smaller but after a while, I noticed that my nose and chin got more blackheads and clogged pores

After my skin was excessively dry from the Clinique Acne Cleanser this lotion did a good job of getting rid of my flaky skin and didn't make me break out.

This didnt do much to CLEAR the acne (that's what this line's spot treatment is for, read my review for that), but this does make my skin incredibly smooth and keeps breakouts at bay. it's really good for a m/u primer. my foundation goes on so much easier w/ this. not greasy. love it.

I have mild acne, and have tried millions of products trying to cure it. This one I found to be so-so. I don't notice a huge change in my skin, but It does mattify and makes my makeup go on smoother. Will repurchase just for that.

EDIT: This stuff is like floor stripper, do not use!