Clean & Clear Advantage Daily Acne Clearing Lotion

No Image

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

UPDATE: Have been using this product for about a month...have seen no improvement in my skin, but have also not seen any new problems arise. I don't belive I will repurchase.

Just bought this yesterday. I like the little silver tube...reminds me of a skin laboratory experiment.

The consistency is a clear gel, and is less gummy than most salicylic acid treatments i've used before. Not completely smooth, but easily spreads and evenly coats. Used last night and zits already feel like they are decreasing. Used under makeup this morning and had no strange reactions.

Similar ingredients to Neutrogena Rapid Clear Gel, but a few dollars less at my drugstore.

2% Salicylic Acid

UPDATE AGAIN!: I've been reading over the reviews on this product and I am very confused. The more recent reviews describe this product as a peachy/pink color and in a pump....but this product is a clear gel in a silver tube. They may have two formulations, but if you type this exact name into a search engine you will find tons of hits...all showing the silver squeeze tube. continued >>

on 7/25/2004 10:14:00 PM

like another user said, i'v ebeen using this product for about 2 months or so and have not seen any improvement in my skin, but have also not seen any new problems arise. I don't believe I'll be repurchasing this, especially since it's relatively expensive (though i had a $2 coupon when i bought it). the packaging is totally gorgeous though, imo. i too only need two squirts for full facial application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is way too expensive for Clean and Clear. It was $7 for 1 oz for me. I read on this site that the pH was in the right range, so I gave it a try. I have blackheads and enlarged pores. While I haven't really had any new problems, I don't think it has really improved my skin either. I'm going to try it for a little while longer. It is non-drying, the packaging is pretty cool...I'm a little confused about the other reviewer's comment about it being clear...mine is pinky/peach colored. The first time I used mine I thought the amount that came out with each squirt was tiny, and I thought, how can two squirts cover your whole face, as one reviewer had mentioned. They were right, though. Two squirts should be plenty, but if not, you won't need more than three. It doesn't smell great. I'm not sure what is in it that gives it fragrance, but it took a while for me to get used to. I couldn't stand it at first. I think I will try Paula's Choice BHA next because it got great reviews and is actually cheaper (I think $14 for 4 oz.).

on 11/10/2004 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

For me this lotion is sticky and it makes me oily. After I put it on, I'm already shiny. It's this initial nice glow but my skin is freakishly oily so like in an 1hour I'm left with a nasty oil slick.

The lotion is a peachy/pinkish color and spreads really easily. I like the pump and everything and I jst need one squirt to cover my whole face.

I use it in combination with the Advantage cleanser and I haven't seen some noticible results (i really like the cleanser). Some of my old acne marks have cleared up a bit but I'm just not satisfied. I still get breakouts but just on my chin. Overall I'm jst not satisfied with it. After I finish it Im gettin sumthin eles.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ditto everything said by BronxBaby, though I have to admit, I wish there was a 2% version of this available. Definitely gentle and fresh feeling, and definitely gets the job done, though. And as far as price goes, I don't think it's much money at all considering how much I've paid in the past for other treatments that were far less effective! EDIT 3/25/05: After receiving samples of the Paula's Choice 1% BHA gel, I quickly realized that this just couldn't compare. It kept me from breaking out, but didn't attack my pores with the same ease and speed that the Paula's Choice stuff did. I bought the PC (which, ounce for ounce, actually costs much less than this) and plan to return the Clean & Clear. Also, the pump made it impossible to dispense just a small amount, so it was hard to be frugal with the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Oaky here is the deal, I like this lotion, but i didnt give such a high rating because the bottle is way to small!! For the price its really really small! Pricey for a drugstore product. I try to use this lotion like every other day or else my skin will be on the dry side, but its fine because i will switch out to like a sensetive skin moistuerizer, and everything looks good. But if you use the cleanser u have to try this lotion. Man someone needs to let clean and clear know they need to stop being so stingy on the bottle size..lol..maybe i will.

on 3/20/2005 9:00:00 PM

I actually love this product not because it clears my skin, but because my skin tone is so much better after using it. I recently saw this in the half-price bin of my drugstore, though, so I'm scared they're discontinuing it (I bought up their stock just in case!).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I've only been using this a few days, but as of now, this is working lovely for me! I kept breaking out over my chin and nothing was clearing up existing zits faster and preventing new pimples from forming, except this. This has been working and my chin is finally starting to look clear! The fragrance is not the greatest and the pump bottle isn't my favorite, I think I'd prefer a tube, but it's worth it. It's non drying and actually clears me up so a couple small things are forgiven. If the good luck changes, I'll update, but as of now I can definitely say this is a great product for me.

I have mild acne, and have tried millions of products trying to cure it. This one I found to be so-so. I don't notice a huge change in my skin, but It does mattify and makes my makeup go on smoother. Will repurchase just for that.

EDIT: This stuff is like floor stripper, do not use!

on 1/14/2006 9:46:00 AM

I use this along with the Clean & Clear Advantage Cleanser. It started out great. I notice some results I was happy and I continue to use it. My face got somewhat dry so I brought Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. That, is when it all went downhill. I'm not sure if it was this and/or the Dual Action Moisturizer's fault but I started getting huge white zits all over my cheeks. So becareful using this product.