Lancôme Empreinte

Lancôme Empreinte
Lancome White Clay Mask FrontLancome White Clay Mask Back

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a white clay mineral mask from Lancome. My biggest gripe with this is the scent. It is not pleasant to me. The mask works well to draw out impurities and oil, and make my skin feel visibly softer after using it. I like to follow up with a gel mask afterwards (usually Lancome's Hydra Intense Masque) to rehydrate my skin and plump it up. This is a nice mask overall, minus the strong fragrant smell.

on 1/12/2018 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lancome writes that the Pure Empreinte Masque draws impurities and oils from your skin and reduces the look of pores.

Although I have dry skin, I like to use this in the summer when I'm sweatier and not craving moisture. This isn't to say that this masque is drying -- it definitely makes my skin smooth and radiant after washing it off, but I generally don't have problematic skin. It's a nice luxury product, but I think it would do more for people who have combination or oily skin.

on 5/17/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of those clay masks that dries and *almost* cracks. I find the smell to be really unpleasant and off putting. This must be an older formula product, based on the age of the oldest reviews on this site. The smell is really off putting to me, and I found the texture to be too thick of a clay to use as a mask. For me this was very overpriced, over scented, and not good at all!

on 6/21/2014 9:26:00 AM

I really love this mask , have tried other mudmasks over the years but this one shows the results right away bright firmer skin , clear complexion right away for few days . I use it once a week and really need a small amount for the whole face. Would definately repurchase !

on 5/3/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is absolutely amazing, due to hormonal acne (I'm 13), I break out a lot. I've been getting acne since the fourth or fifth grade, and I would have about 10 large pimples, even more sometimes each day. I use this whenever I have time at night, then immediately use my normal facewash and tone and moisturize. I leave it on for an hour, don't put it on for just five minutes. It would barely have dried and it wouldn't be very effective. This cleanses dirt and impurities from your face. It dries to be really hard and your face feels incredibly, INCREDIBLY restricted of movement, so this might be really hard to adjust to at first, but you get really used to it. When you wash it off, your face feels tight (in a good way) and redness has gone down significantly. It tightens pores and evens out your complexion. This has cured my acne when is used with my facewash, toner, and moisturizer. I'm hoping that this will get rid of acne scarring too!

Lancome pure empreinte masque is amazing ! I've been using this mask for about one year now and I have fallen in love with it ! My skin is combination and sometimes I get random breakouts or my skin becomes very oily in my t zone . When you apply the mask all over your face it will harden within minutes. Your skin becomes instantly tight. I leave it on for at least 30 minutes. When you wash the mask off your skin is bright, tight and the oil is gone. Blemishes also appear smaller and less irritated. I also use this clay mask as a spot treatment. Before I go to bed I dab it on my pimples and leave it over night. When I wake up and wash it off my pimples are a lot smaller and less irritated. One 100ml tube should last you along time because a little goes along way! It is an expensive product but is worth every penny!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A very good product. Reduces redness, cleanses and calms. It's just what I need for my combination oily/dry/pimply/reddish/sad/grey weirdo skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a find! I got this in a smaller size, part of a gift, but much bigger than just a sample. I first use Clarin's facial exfoliater that put this mask on for about 10-15 minutes. Once I am finished my pores are clean and tight and my skin never felt this smooth. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but a tube of this will last for years at once a week and I KNOW it works so why bother to find something else?

on 5/1/2012 4:32:00 PM

I received a sample of this. It's a very nice clay mask, but I really don't find it to do anything that much cheaper masks don't do. I put it on when I woke up with 2 pimples on my face and it didn't do anything to reduce their size. My skin feels very nice and smooth after using it, but it's definitely not anything to write home about. I like the tightening effect that it gives you and when it dries, it doesn't start to crack and peel off and cause a huge mess like some other products do, which is nice. I would use it again if it were given to me, but I definitely wouldn't seek it out.

on 1/20/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I use this 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday. Sometimes I might throw in an extra day if I have a special event. Here are my thoughts -

Pros:
- Gentle yet effective
- Dries quicker than other masks. Directions say to leave on for 5 mins. Sometimes I might leave on a little longer, but not much because the clay truly does dry within 5 mins

- Helps reduce oil and firms skin - I see results for about 1 1/2 - 2 days which is extremely impressive in my opinion
- Smells nice
- Doesn't break me out or cause my face to purge

Cons:
- None. Some might say it costs a lot, but it's cheaper than a facial and you get a good amount of product.