Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Love Spell

3.3

on 7/15/2016 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love wearing this scent when I'm around the house. I usually wear it with the VS lotion, and it helps the scent stay longer. It's sweet, floral and summery. I think some people might say the scent feels too 'young' to wear past a certain age, but I think I can rock it!

I spray it onto my bedsheets sometimes, or use it just to freshen up a room.

Highly recommend. I can definitely say it makes me feel good :) lol

Not sure if I would buy this again. Not my favorite fragrance. Too flowery and overpowering in my opinion.

on 1/20/2015 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The girls at work love it when I wear this. I don't mind it. It's fruity and fun but that's all really

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'm one of those not so many people, who actually doesn't like this scent at all!
To me it smells like fruit juice.. Apple juice to be more correct. Now don't get me wrong, I like apple juice. I just don't wanna smell like it, if you get me.
Far too fruity for my taste. I like how it's young and fresh, but I could need a bit more something "spicy" or more mature-like.
It's not really long lasting or strong, but I like that it's light. To me there's nothing worse than when you're with someone who have like 10 sprits of perfume on and you can't breathe aroung them.

Overall I'm giving it 2/5, because I like the consept of these bodymists, but this scent isn't my taste.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

One of my faves. Had this perfume in my life for 10 years now!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Okay let's be honest, this isn't a classy or mature fragrance. However, I live in Florida, it is sticky, hot, sweaty and most fragrances melt at spite wick. This is always in my purse, car and office desk. . it's super easy to spritz as a quick refresher, room spray, fabric spray etc. ...I kid you not. Its not a perfume, it's basically scented water, doesn't last long but it does the job to mask other scents in a pinch.

on 12/8/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah, Love Spell. I was introduced to this fragrance by a middle-aged co-worker one day when she started putting on the lotion on her hands.
I used to sit next to her and all of a sudden, I got this refreshing, sweet and REALLY CLEAN scent emanating from her desk. I had to ask her WHAT was she using. She said it was Victoria's Secret's Love Spell scent. IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SCENT. That was about 7 years ago and now I am at 28-year-old (almost 30) woman and I just recently bought the entire Love Spell collection on a whim, including the actual perfume.
This is definitely not the most sophisticated fragrance in the world, but it smells GOOD and sometimes you just need a little bit of unabashed sweetness in your life.
And maybe some judgmental women may deem me a bit too grown to be wearing such a teenager-friendly scent but you know what? When I was 21 years old and I smelled this scent on that middle-aged co-worker lady, I never thought FOR ONCE what a FAUX PAS she was committing. All I thought was, 'That smells so GOOD!' and isn't that what the playing around with scents should be about? No judgement here. Wear what you like when the mood strikes.
I will continue wearing Love Spell...maybe even shamelessly well into my 30s...because there's nothing else quite like it and I don't care if everybody else wears or immediately identifies it. You only live once.

on 4/27/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate myself for buying this online! I only wear one perfume-chanel mademoiselle, which is my all time favorite scent. But i thought that it would be a little heavy for spring/summer. So I wanted something light and floral. I heard that Love spell is the most popular scent. Also my friend who lives abroad told me that this was the best smelling scent and guys loved it. So i was so excited and just bought it! When I got this I sprayed on my wrists and I HATED IT AT THE FIRST SMELL. It smells horrible, like a cheap soap or something. It is too strong and overpowering it is heavier than my Coco Mademoiselle! That day I was going to study but i couldn't because of the headache, caused from Love spell. And my mom came to room and said: ewww what's with your room? open your windows it smells like someone died. LOL. I would name it HATE SPELL. I regret so much that I wasted my money on this. Maybe I am too old for this scent. In future will never ever buy something from VS.

on 3/10/2013 11:54:00 AM

Okay, word of advice, don't ever buy VS perfumes!
After you've worn it for a day, you get to really dislike it because sadly, they must be using extremely cheap ingredients for this thing.. It has a great smell for about two minutes, then a very soap-ish undertone comes through and spoils the whole thing! Too bad! Perhaps it will work okay as a room spray?

Smells great!