Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Victoria's Secret Love Spell
Love Spell

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used to be my favorite scent back in high school, smelled sooooo good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Used to love this and Pure Seducation back in middle and high school. Now it just smells cheap to me. Disappointing cause they used to be favorites. It's just okay.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'm one of those not so many people, who actually doesn't like this scent at all!
To me it smells like fruit juice.. Apple juice to be more correct. Now don't get me wrong, I like apple juice. I just don't wanna smell like it, if you get me.
Far too fruity for my taste. I like how it's young and fresh, but I could need a bit more something "spicy" or more mature-like.
It's not really long lasting or strong, but I like that it's light. To me there's nothing worse than when you're with someone who have like 10 sprits of perfume on and you can't breathe aroung them.

Overall I'm giving it 2/5, because I like the consept of these bodymists, but this scent isn't my taste.

on 1/11/2014 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It has a nice fruity smell but it also has a very annoying after smell that smells like rotten fruits... I like to spray it on some things in my room but I don't wear it on my skin or clothing.

on 12/8/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a nice scent , but very typical. As EVERYBODY says it reminds them of high school, i agree.. i only say so because most high school girls shop at Victoria's secret and most girls buy love spell. It is a nice scent but i prefer to be different. This inst one of my favorites but it does have a pleasant smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

To me, this bomb smells of bananas and bug spray. Like, I don't even have to ponder over it at all... it is immediately, undeniably recognizable as bananas (top note?) and bug spray (drydown?). Additionally, when I say "bug spray" I am not referring to the woodsy charm that is Deep-Woods Off, but rather, the stuff that one might squirt in the direction of a menacing wasp.
The "best" part? I get to smell it aaaaallll the time, because every female under 30 and anywhere near me has decided it is her signature em-effin' scent.
I want to find out where all of them live, break into their homes, confiscate their Lovespells, and replace them with bottles of... lord, anything. I mean, like, even Clinique Aromatics. And that's saying a LOT.

on 3/10/2013 11:54:00 AM

Okay, word of advice, don't ever buy VS perfumes!
After you've worn it for a day, you get to really dislike it because sadly, they must be using extremely cheap ingredients for this thing.. It has a great smell for about two minutes, then a very soap-ish undertone comes through and spoils the whole thing! Too bad! Perhaps it will work okay as a room spray?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love Spell is one of my favorite scents. The peach is the strongest note I smell on me, and men everyone go ga-ga for it. definitley will buy for years to come.

Eyes: Violet

Love Spell is a beautiful delicious fruity fragrant for the right person. I love how it smelled from the bottle. However, it smells like a sugary fruit stand in the summer on me. My sister didn't have any luck either. It gave me a head ache whenever my sister wears it. Maybe our body chemistry just weren't compatible with the scent. I think it makes a wonderful room deodorizer. I would not mind this scent as long as people use it sparingly. I think the right body chemistry matters too because love spell obviously smells very nice and sweet from the bottle

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A heartbreaker for me. The scent in the bottle is absolutely, divinely delicious: wonderfully tart fruit punch. On my skin, unfortunately, it's very sweet, almost overripe peach. As a "proper" Southern girl, I don't object to peach, but I don't like very sweet scents of any kind. Despite this, I really have a thing for this scent - the body butter was probably the first beauty product I've ever finished, and I'm always contemplating popping into VS for a bottle of the mist even though I know I'll smell like gummi peach rings. I'm also a huge sucker for the candy colors and gold accents of the Fantasies line. With all that out of the way, I understand why many people have unpleasant scent associations with something worn by half the population of teenage girls in North America. That's a traumatic time for a lot of people, with many painful social situations and unkind peers; I'm pretty sure that in a few years people will be writing similar vitriolic reviews about BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom. However, it's important to remember that a perfume is merely an accessory, something to enhance your enjoyment of yourself and perhaps to please other people in the process. You wear the scent; it does not wear you. Wearing Love Spell doesn't make someone a slut or a stripper any more than wearing Shalimar makes her a Mughal empress or your grandmother or whatever your association with that fragrance is. It's true that Love Spell seems to be everywhere, but this isn't a reason to give it poor reviews, either. The truth is that every single being is unique regardless of what perfume they wear, how they style their hair, what books they read; only a terribly insecure person really maligns something for being common, and does so out of desperation to believe that she's truly unique for avoiding it. In any case, I really need to find a way to work more Love Spell into my existence - maybe I'll start using it as a linen spray. It'd also be awesome if sister company BBW started selling Love Spell Wallflowers...hint hint.

Popular Fragrances