Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Filtered by skin type : Other
Victoria's Secret Love Spell
Love Spell

3.9

This is a fragrance I have been buying on and off since high school. Love spell seems to be one of the more popular VS fragrances as it has been around for over 10 years, but I have started to get tired of this scent. It is very strong just like the Pure seduction spray and I have been buying more of their more subtle smelling scents like ravishing love and pear glace to name a few.

on 11/10/2010 11:09:00 PM

I really don't like this- a lot of people like it but it's one of those fragrances you either love or hate, and I just happen to be one of the ones who hates it, along with my sister and a few of my friends. To me it smells cheap and just bad, I'm definitely not a fan.

on 12/30/2009 1:55:00 PM

Smells exactly like moth balls after it dries. HORRIBLE!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use to wear this a few years ago,but when I ran out I just never cared to rebuy.I was going to buy it again,but now that I smell it I'm just not that crazy about it.The smell lingers forever and as time goes by and I keep smelling it I get tired of it and feel sick.The smell is very fruity and strong.There is just something about VS Secret Garden Collection that smells like melting cheap plastic to me.I know it isn't just this one because I have tried several that smell that way.

on 8/5/2009 6:38:00 AM

They don't have VS in my country, so I don't need to worry about it being too common. At first I wasn't that fond of this scent, but it's grown on me and I really like it now.

The top note is cherry which is quite strong. There's a strange deeper note that I can't quite explain.. like a child's cough syrup smell, which is very unpleasant, but is thankfully subdued upon application. This scent is nice, but I can't see why it's the most popular one?

I honestly believe that the reason why so many people are hating on this scent is because of its popularity in the tween/teen crowd. If this was a more "indie" scent, a ton more people would be going gaga for it.

It's a light sweet and fruity sort of scent. I really don't find it too overpowering unless you overdo it (something that should always be avoided with all scents really). It probably is a bit too fruity and young for constant everyday wear, at least for women over a certain age, (I feel like I should be wearing glitter and a baby blue tank top with it sometimes). But at the right time, it's great and smells "fun".

And yes pretty much all the guys I know go mad for it. Even the ones who have never smelled it before (at least I'm pretty darned sure they haven't because I don't think the UK or France has Victoria's Secret and none of them seemed to recognize the scent). I went to London and all the boys I hung out with were absolutely enchanted by it. They always asked me why I smelled so good, what I was wearing and where could they buy it? And as for the ones who are familiar with it, well most of them don't seem tired of it either. Except for the ones where it reminds them of their sister or something.

I guess it really is a "love spell". Haha, I'm sorry I couldn't resist the corny joke.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I do like the Love Spell most days... but I will tell you one thing girls.. the guys love this stuff.

on 12/14/2007 4:03:00 PM

I like this along with Pure Seduction. It's Pure Heaven.

on 11/8/2007 1:51:00 AM

I must admit I love this perfume but I dont want to smell like a little teenager so I only spray this when Iam at home also this is one of popular perfumes from Victoria's Secret so a LOT of people wear this. Iam a kind of person who likes perfumes that are not widely popular/known so..anyways,...this perfume is very citrusy, feminine but also smells bit cheap.

I really like this one and it smells like candy.

Popular Fragrances