Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York 325

4.1

Great color on my NC30 Asian skin. Perfect brownish red, not too outrageous for the day, but still suitable for night. Creamy texture, reasonably priced, highly recommend.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Nope. Nope. Nope. This new formulation of ToNY is waaay different than the old one from the 90s. It's lighter, more orange, and has much less coverage than the original formula. The old version was a beautiful deep rich copper, leaning toward brown, very flattering (see pics of Cindy from back in the day). I still have a nub of the original that I'm trying to use as judiciously as possible. Excitedly bought a new tube recently to replace said nub, but was shocked--shocked I tell you!--to find that it was nothing like the original! To those of you who like the current version, hey, more power to you, but if you haven't seen/used the original, then you don't know what you're missing! Sadly, won't be buying this one again.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe I had forgotten about this lip colour for so long. I have tons and tons of red lipsticks but this one takes the cake! It is the perfect shade of red brown that I can dress up and down depending on my mood. I can wear this everyday to work yet also on a night out. It is definitely not the bright red or true red so if you're looking for those this is not it. This just reminds me a fall / winter deep sort of red with hints of brown in it to make it muted, sophisticated, and sexy, all at the same time. It compliments my NC15-20 Asian skintone beautifully with or without makeup. It is very creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. It has the perfect sheen to it so it doesn't look dull on the lips and thus it doesn't require a gloss on top. Definitely a must have for the fall and winter months! Please do NOT discontinue this lip colour Revlon!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The staple red brown, slight orange color has been around for years. Incredible everyday lipstick. It is an even application and very moisturizing. Very glam with my nc42 yellow Asian skin tone. No animal testing. Very cheap in price but gorgeous overall! I like it for fall and winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Classic Cindy Crawford shade, makes me feel glamorous and subtle enough for daily wear

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Really pretty shade and extremely flattering for WOC. Copper color that's good for everyday wear, and the lipstick is pigmented and creamy.

I would like to propose a special "toast to Revlon" for keeping this color around for so many years. I have so many reds in my lipstick collection and was in need of something more toned down and this is it! Goes on smooth; no flaking or bleeding - a real must-have for your makeup bag.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for myself as a birthday gift. I was in the mood for something different and I saw this at Ulta and knew I had to get it. This goes on my pigmented lips as a reddish brown shade with a slight orange undertone. It does look nice against skintone and brings some nice color to my face when I don't feel like wearing much makeup. The formula goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. It also doesn't fade funky. It is currently my favorite shade to wear.

Very nice color for my nc30 Asian skin tone! An orangey red brown color.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Toast of New York is thee 90's lipstick, I might buy it again just for the hell of it... and the memories. Everyone and their mom wore this shade because it looked so good on Cindy Crawford. I think women were just tired of the frosty pinks from the 80's and wanted a modern reddish brown.