Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York 325

4.1

E. Jean is right... this is a fabulous lipstick! Great color for light olive skin. Left nice stain on lips after eating, being out and about. Recommend.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this because E.Jean, the columnist in Elle magazine, who is my personal Athena, recommended it in passing. That's all it took. And, she's right. It's a foolproof lipstick that just wakes your face up, and works even if you have no other make-up on or if your face is pulling a reverse Dorian Gray.

It's not too brown, not too red, not too dark, not too pale, and goes on very smoothly --
I also use it to soften the bold reds I like to wear - it's great over any color, really. It's a staple for me.
And no, it is not discontinued, because I just bought it at Walgreen's on Broadway - but I have noticed that lipstick selections differ in different drug stores, so just keep looking.

I am pale, yellow undertones, blue green eyes, some freckles, light reddish brown hair. And probably old enough to be your mother.

I really like revlon lipsticks...out of all the drugstore options these are the best and they have soooo many colors to choose from. Whenever my local meijer has them bogo I pick out some new ones. This color however is really strange to me..I just can't figure out how to wear it. It comes off like an orange/brown/red...but mostly the orange is the most noticeable....not good for my fair skin....I will continue to buy these but not this shade

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MLLB, but a tad orange on me. I will keep it for now, but I seldom wear it.

This was one of my favorite lipsticks in the 90's, along with Rum Raisin. I have them again and all I can say is Revlon carries most of my favorite shades.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love Toast of New York! It's a beautiful muted red, with slight brownish undertones that make it more wearable. This also happens to be one of the most comfortable, least drying shades from the Super Lustrous line, that I've tried. (It's strange, but they vary widely!) When I want a little more color than my equally beloved Clinique Black Honey provides, Toast of New York delivers!

Great color on my NC30 Asian skin. Perfect brownish red, not too outrageous for the day, but still suitable for night. Creamy texture, reasonably priced, highly recommend.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Nope. Nope. Nope. This new formulation of ToNY is waaay different than the old one from the 90s. It's lighter, more orange, and has much less coverage than the original formula. The old version was a beautiful deep rich copper, leaning toward brown, very flattering (see pics of Cindy from back in the day). I still have a nub of the original that I'm trying to use as judiciously as possible. Excitedly bought a new tube recently to replace said nub, but was shocked--shocked I tell you!--to find that it was nothing like the original! To those of you who like the current version, hey, more power to you, but if you haven't seen/used the original, then you don't know what you're missing! Sadly, won't be buying this one again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe I had forgotten about this lip colour for so long. I have tons and tons of red lipsticks but this one takes the cake! It is the perfect shade of red brown that I can dress up and down depending on my mood. I can wear this everyday to work yet also on a night out. It is definitely not the bright red or true red so if you're looking for those this is not it. This just reminds me a fall / winter deep sort of red with hints of brown in it to make it muted, sophisticated, and sexy, all at the same time. It compliments my NC15-20 Asian skintone beautifully with or without makeup. It is very creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. It has the perfect sheen to it so it doesn't look dull on the lips and thus it doesn't require a gloss on top. Definitely a must have for the fall and winter months! Please do NOT discontinue this lip colour Revlon!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The staple red brown, slight orange color has been around for years. Incredible everyday lipstick. It is an even application and very moisturizing. Very glam with my nc42 yellow Asian skin tone. No animal testing. Very cheap in price but gorgeous overall! I like it for fall and winter.