4.1

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

So I know this is by far NOT the highest quality shade in MAC's lineup. But it is one of my favorite purple/plum tones because of its warm undertones and coppered flecks. It looks stunning on my hazel brown eyes (nw20, deep winter), especially paired with Soft Brown in the crease. I actually used this in a fall travel palette I made for a trip last November. The palette included Brule, Soft Brown, Trax, Ambering Lights, Bronze and Ground Brown. It was the perfect fall eye palette. Trax also worked very well with my Melba blush and the other shades in the palette. If you are curious about this shade, buy the $7 pro refill so you don't blow the extra money on the single. Again, not the best in quality (& I love most MAC eyeshadows), but I love the color on me. It is one of the few purple type shades I can wear that doesn't emphasize my dark under eye circles too. But yes, it requires primer and careful application.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I had high hopes for this. I purchased a pan form because I want to reduce plastic waste in this world. I love MAC for this option. I dont like this color. It looks just as dull as a cool toned brown on my eyes. Normally purples look great on my blue grey green eyes. I dont know what my eyecolor is. This just keeps my eyes looking as dull as they are without emphasizing any particular shade in them. Not sexy. Just an incredibly boring I suppose neutral toned down purple shade.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Trax is a pretty purpley mauve with gold shimmer. I am not the biggest fan of MAC in general, but their shadows especially have left me pretty disappointed over the years, but Trax is worth keeping in my collection because it is different and very pretty. It doesn't wear super-well, but with the right primer it does okay. I think the best part of it is the gold pearl that is in it, because it really does elevate an eye look from somewhat neutral to a little more glam.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

A pretty grey plum colour infused with gold shimmer. Looks dark in the pan when applied it's modestly opaque. It does go on patchy, blends ok. I find it doesn't have as much pigment as I like. I prefer Sketch although it doesn't have the shimmer it's just more workable. Prob one of my less used colours.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

I really think Trax was reformulated somewhere along the line. It was one my first MAC shadows, and indeed one of very first HE shadows, so I held a special place in my heart for it. I repurchased it recently, totally hated it, and eventually returned it. It's possible I was just young and inexperienced, but I remember it being like this velvety, complicated, shimmery, bronzey-purpley-red that looked amazing with my dark eyes. When I tried it again, it was chalky and unpigmented and gave a very attractive bruised effect. GAH! Bummed. I loved Trax so much that when I went on a road trip with some friends at age 24, I had my sister print me out fake journalist ID tags so I could, idk, sneak into roadhouse bars pretending to be writing an article about them? Anyway, my fake journlaist name was TRAX. (lmfao.)

About reviewer (542 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This was my first ever Mac eyeshadow and it's still one of my all time favourites :) blends beautifully with other colours and look great blended into the crease especially!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

6 years ago

I bought this after seeing it on my hairdresser. It's a great color if you apply it lightly for fair skin. The first time I put on too much and didn't like it. I love using this with just a blender brush and black eyeliner. It looks nice with green eyes. Usual great MAC quality.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

from

6 years ago

I was very hesitant to buy this eye-shadow once I knew the price for it. It turned out pretty surprising. I apply Trax over a copper shade and have received several compliments. Trax is a pretty color. I love how it's not really purple. It's an edgy shade that reminds me of the galaxies.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

So, firstly. I do not intend to slam Mac as I actually quite like the quality of their eyeshadows. This, however, did not live up to my expectations.This was my first eyeshadow from Mac and I was super excited to try it. When I swatched it, it wasnt very pigmented, but i figured it would show up better on the eye. How wrong was I. This eyeshadow lacks pigment. It is probably one of the most useless products I own. It cost me €12.50 and now, I realise it was such a waste of money. The eyeshadow simply does not show up on the eye, no matter how much you pack it on. I doubt it was just my one that is like this. Overall, I'm very unimpressed with this eyeshadow.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I've been using MAC for years and years and have an almost embarrassing number of their eye shadows because eye shadow is probably my favourite type of makeup (and also, I just am weak and have no willpower!). But Trax is a shadow I'd never had any interest in owning and I always thought it was quite red toned and, for me, a shade that would be unflattering. Then, as often happens, I saw a youtube tutorial by "Ministry of Makeup" that used this and I got obsessed with owning it and trying to layer it over the very many bases and cream shadows/shadow pencils that have come out in recent years. So when MAC had an "express free shipping" offer, I ordered a few things I can't get at my local MAC counter (including pro pan shadows). While this isn't the most pigmented colour (I'd actually rate it 3.5 "lippies" if I could), I am so glad I got this. The pinky plum of Trax, when applied to my mobile lids, really enhances the colour of my dark brown eyes. A bit of neutral, darker shadow in the crease (Bobbi Brown Saddle or Too Faced Garter Belt are very similar grey/neutrals that work really well for me), some black liner and mascara and my eyes really become a focal point! Trax is NOT a Veluxe finish - it is a VELVET according to MAC's website - and I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't as pigmented when applied as it looks in the pan but layering it over a coloured base like Powersurge eye kohl does help it show up better and bring out the golden sheen that is present in this shadow. Trax is far from being my favourite eye shadow but, like Sable and Tempting, I like the effect it gives when I can take the time to get it to show up with more impact.

About reviewer (1495 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool