Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub

3.5

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, jojoba esters, vegetable glycerin, stearic acid, extracts of ananas sativus (pineapple) fruit, carica papaya (papaya) fruit and zingiber zerumbet (awapuhi), bromelain, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol (vitamin E), polysorbate 20, sodium carbomer, riboflavin, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, caramel and fragrance. 5/23/09

I'll just first say, that I never write reviews for products.. This one however is amazing! I have combination, acne prone skin (cystic, hormonal) and are 29. I've used those apricot scrubs but they have always been way too abrasive and I'd always end up breaking out from using them. NOT WITH THIS! DOES NOT CAUSE BREAKOUTS! It makes skin so soft, clean, and hydrated! It's worth the price of only a few dollars more than the other apricot type scrubs. It smells amazing too!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Found this at WINNERS.

The package was decently cute.. it smelt wonderful.

I like how the little "beads" weren't too hard and felt nice on my skin.

Pro: Smells good and it does its job. Scrub beads are gentle and not harsh.

Con: the tube is too tiny and you run out of it quick.

I would still repurchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did not like this scrub. I heard about how bad microbeads in scrubs were so bad for the environment that I started looking for something else. This burned my face so bad it took a week to recover and it left the worst film on my face that was waxy and was really hard to get off. It smelled really nice and it's such a lovely brand that I was really dissapointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this scrub every morning for several years. I adore Alba as a brand - safe, eco-friendly ingredients, no animal testing, and reasonable prices considering the quality of the products. (Bonus: stock up when your local drugstore or mass retailer is having a sale!) This scrub in particular has a bright, refreshing fragrance, yet it is not overpowering nor unnatural. In my opinion, this scrub offers just the right amount of exfoliation power - I wouldn't call it gentle, but it leaves my skin visibly smoother without causing any redness or irritation. Recently, my husband used it because he wanted to remove sunscreen from his face, and afterwards he gushed about how nice and smooth his skin felt. Unless Alba changes the formula or discontinues the product, I will continue to purchase this scrub.

This scrub exfoliates nicely, in a gentle way, but it's got 2 big deal-breakers for me: first, it leaves a bit of a film behind on my skin, which means I have to wash it off with soap, and second, there's an odd odor lurking behind the pineapple smell.

A waste of $9. Does nothing for my face. I just use it in the morning to smell it and then rinse and wash with my regular facial cleanser. I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UPDATE: I'm feeling mehhh about it now. It never really did any magic for me but I still use when I want a little exfoliation done.

I don't usually venture off too much when I find a skin product that works well for me, but after realizing how harsh St Ives Apricot was, I had to find an alternative. I also began using more organic/natural/better than regular drugstore products and haven't looked back because my skin is just THAT much better now!! I used Origins modern friction but the awesome glowly effects fade after like the third use.lol.. So I wanted to find another gentleenoughforeverydayuse cleanser/scrub that I can rotate with and this is it!!

I can see how if you are used to using St Ives, how this would feel like it's doing nothing. Trust me, this scrub is as rough as you want to be with your skin. The particles are actually solid enough and don't quickily dissolve, allowing a chance to feel the scrub.

Anyways, I like this stuff. It's what you make of it. I've had great (organic) products that keep my skin nice and clear but nothing I would consider HG status. I think the HG phrase is made for people with problematic skin/hair/faces who find a product that finally suits their needs (duh!). Since im blessed enough with clear skin, I can say this product doesn't mess up that balance nor irritate it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this scrub a lot. It smells wonderful. It feels so good to apply this to the face that I just wanted to continue scrubbing nonstop. In the past I had used the St. Ives apricot scrub, and it's just way too rough and the granules in that are too huge. Whereas in this scrub the particles are fine and gentle, and it make it feel as if they are small enough to penetrate the pores.
Edit: I think it might have caused some more acne so I'm not using it right now.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this scrub, because it smells so good, it's natural and cruelty free. But after using it for about a week, it made the blackheads on my nose, forehead and cheeks bigger.
While I was washing my face with it, it would leave a waxy film on my skin. After the first time I washed my face with it, I noticed that when I rubbed my skin to try to get the film off, it was rubbing off in little white strings. This scrub also didn't exfoliate that well. I decided to try it with an exfoliating glove, and it worked better, but it left a yellow film on the glove. Kind of disgusting. That film is probably what made the blackheads bigger.