Ulta Chianti

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/25/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This really is a beautiful color, especially for those of us with fair coloring and dark eyes. My favorite way to use it is as a crease color, as I try to keep reddish shades off my lid to avoid looking like I'm suffering severe seasonal eye allergies. As a crease color, it is amazingly soft and flattering, creating a very natural, smoldery, pretty effect, especially when paired with almost any neutral shadow on the lid. I was skeptical as to whether this would work for me when I first saw this shadow in real life, but all my doubts vanished the first time I wore it. I really like that it enhances the green tones in my hazel eyes too.

Chianti is a very pretty shade, and in my opinion one of Ulta's better eyeshadows. It's a nice coppery wine color with plenty of pigment, goes on smooth and blends well. Generally just a very pretty color and good quality shadow. And I love Ulta's eyeshadow packaging, so that's always a plus!

on 4/2/2010 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this color, a great wine shade! Makes hazel eyes POP! Wears well with a primer/base. Not overly shimmery

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Chianti...both the wine and this shadow! ;) The name suits this shade perfectly! It's a beautiful rosey-wine color. It has just the right amount of shimmer to it. I was a little scared to try this at first, because IMO, it looks soooo red in the pan. I kept asking myself why I bought this and even thought about returning it, but after wearing it, all those thoughts just went right out the window. I love the way this looks against my dark brown eyes and fair skin...it makes me look so soft and feminine! Texture is smooth and creamy, wears crease-free virtually all day long and is only $7 for such a good amount of product. I will definitely buy Chianti again!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

the sitemakes it hard to tell, but this is a pretty deep copper. a beautiful crease color that can can be subtle or built up. a pretty basic when you want something a little more interesting than brown.

on 9/30/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Chianti. It's a beautiful wine shade with copper/brown tones. It makes any eye color stand out, especially blue!

on 11/13/2007 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the most sultry, sexy, and soft metallic shadows I own. The texture of Chianti is silky which makes is so easy to blend. In the pan, it looks like a dark magenta pink and when applied on, it's a soft metallic burgundy pink. If you're looking for a seductive color to pair with a your browns and greens, this is it! I pair this with Ulta's golden olive, an earthy metallic green and they both look so nice together. It's such a versatile color because it would look good as a smoky eye too. Overall, Chianti is a gorgeous color I'd repurchase again if I ran out. I got this for a great sale price at Ulta
3 for $10. What a deal!

on 3/6/2007 12:44:00 AM

Very similar to NYX's "Jazzy Bronze," except the NYX is a bit rosier and has a fine gold sheen whereas Chianti seems to be a touch more brownish/neutral on my light, yellow-toned complexion. Beautiful for a smoldering look on brown eyes, but be careful not to wear this when you're feeling tired, as it will make you look grouchy and ill. Texture is great, and the shadow is pigmented, but sheer enough that it can be used versatilely (layering or using it with a damp brush intensifies the color).

Chianti is in the center of the top row. (The rest are Revlon Molten Bronze, Chianti, NYX Jazzy Bronze, L'Oreal On The Loose in Vintage, L'Oreal OTL in Beachy Keen, Bare Escentuals Sex Kitten)

continued >>

on 2/10/2007 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a great color. It's a kind of burnt red in the palette, and goes on the lid great. i love that it looks like a flat color, but actually has some sheen and dimension to it when you put it on. great price too! (wait for a buy one get one sale)

I LOVE this color. It's soooooooo pretty!!!!!!