MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I like this shade for the fall and winter months. It reminds me a lot of Pop Mode lipglass which is more pigmented and lasts longer. Decorative is a bit more burgundy but still in the same color family. I would not buy this again only because I prefer Pop Mode over this.

I love this gloss over Dark Side. I love the really dark lip shades, and this is a dark plum-burgundy with sparkles. Really love it!

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

on 11/3/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i really love this color. it reminds me of limited edition bazaarish. this is my first lustreglass and i like the lustreglass brushes better than the lipglass brushes. in mac foundation i'm an nw43 so this looks great on me, especially with a nude eye and clear, creamy skin. it's probably better suited for fall and winter. when used over a good lip liner (my fav pairings are with vino, currant or chestnut) it lasts all day and my lips are moisturized. will certainly repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!

on 6/28/2009 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have more than 10 MAC lip glosses and I wear this one the most. I wear it with MAC Tribalist lipstick. I am DDD with full lips and this combo looks great on my complexion. Plus, I like the brush tip.

on 3/23/2009 9:45:00 AM

when i first saw the colour in the tube i though WOAH its a bit dark however on my lips its a gorgeous plum with great shine

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!....I've been obsessed with the Sephora Bronzed Beauty lipgloss for a while...but I hated the fact that it barely lasted...today I finally went to MAC and found this color which is VERY close to it...and it has good stayin power...even through a meal...I LOVE IT!!!!....however...if I were to get really critical..I would change the lip brush...I HATE lipbrushes...I wish it cam in a tupe of the sponge brush...but.......I STILL LOVE IT!!!! ; )

on 8/13/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I'm a NC45 with light brown/hazel eyes. I think this color looks great on me...a plum with a very soft gold shimmer to it. I tend to save this for evenings...I usually do the natural lip during the day.