MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.9

on 10/12/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a lot of colors that look sort of like this, but none of them are this beautiful! I find that I wear this several times a week, and it complements a number of eye and cheek looks -- from pinks and plums to golds and champagnes. In the tube this does resemble PopMode, but I like this a lot more -- where PopMode had strong pink undertones, this one has a finer shimmer with hints of burgundy and gold. It looks really rich, and even as it fades it leaves a nice light-plum stain on my lips. I have very fair skin and blue eyes, with dark red hair, and this provides some very lovely contrast. It's definitely one of my favorite colors -- and it's just as nice in the warmer months as it is now that the weather has gotten cooler and the color palettes have gotten darker!

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 2/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The most beautiful colour I have in my collection! A rich, deep plum with flecks of gold...incredibly flattering on my pale complexion, though I bet it would look great on anyone! Always have a tube of this on, can't stand to run out! Great finish too...sheer, but with great colour.

on 7/14/2005 11:09:00 PM

This is a beautiful color. It looks berry-purple on me. I love the faint vanilla smell. It has good staying power for a gloss. My only complaint is that it sometimes spreads over and under my lip line.

on 7/3/2005 5:05:00 PM

I love the lustreglasses that have more pigment to them. This one is a sheer plummy berry; I'm barely seeing any gold glaze to it though. Creamy smooth feeling with that great Mac scent!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Whoa. THIS IS GORGEOUS! My best impulse yet. I was checking out the lustreglasses and trying to decide on another one. I was mainly looking at Wonderstruck and Luminary...but neither of them wowed me so I just asked my husband to pick out something off the display and I would just by it. He chose Decorative. In the tube its a darker vampy blackberry with golden shmmer but on my lips its a shimmery sheer pinky plum...very wearable on my PPP complexion. I really love this color. I think reds and nudes are way to cliche and overdone to be sexy. Decorative is sexy. Its shiney, glittery and sheer. The color is eye catching but not opague or to dark. This lustreglass has the typical MAC faint vanilla scent. Its definatly not long lasting but no lipgloss is long lasting...thats not what gloss is...anyone who is expecting a gloss to last and last is unrealistic. I will definatly be repurchasing.

on 10/31/2004 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love the lustreglass formula. It is thinner and not quite as sticky. This color is a great dark berry color with finely milled shimmer. The brush instead of the spongetip is a great idea.

I'm very fair, so when I asked my MA for a nice berry shade and she gave me this, I almost told her she was crazy. In the tube it is a very deep, very sparkly looking berry plum shade. On my lips, however, I don't see the plum, just a nice, kicked up berry shade with shimmery glitter. I can get the purple to come out more if I put foundation on my lips beforehand, so I guess the pigment of my lips naturally brings out the berry shade in this. I'm very happy with this shade, and I'm glad my MA convinced my to try it on, because I never would have gone near it myself.