MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Decorative

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.5

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!

on 12/6/2006 10:05:00 PM

Very pretty color, I use it all the time when I just want a little color to my lips, or I use it over my lipsticks. (Looks really nice over my Viva Glam III lipstick.) Sure, it's sticky, but I've never come across a gloss that wasn't. (And I've owned a lot of glosses.) I had a nice surprise when I opened this, since there was a brush aplicator, instead of the usual sponge one, which is different, and I like that. I think the brush gives you more potential to pick up a larger amount of color, than what you'd get out of the lipgasses. I gave this a mark off, however, since it doesn't last very long, and for the $14 I paid, I would like it to last a bit longer. But I love everything else about this stuff. I might not rebuy the same color, since I'm one who likes variety, but I would buy lusterglass again.

on 7/29/2005 12:19:00 PM

This is a very shimmery, dark berry-wine color, more purple than red, though. Not a color I usually go for (purples generally clash with my coloring) but this is really nice--sophisticated when applied darkly, or pretty as a crushed-berry stain. Slightly slicker texture than the normal lipglasses, but still sticky enough to cling well to lips. Didn't feel any grittiness due to the glitter. Light vanilla scent. Glass tube with a brush applicator. BTW: This is slightly more purple than Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss in Frankly Flirty (a LE edition, unfortunately). A nice addition to my berry-reds :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely sheer berry/plum with fine golden shimmer. I've seen reviewers say it works well with their PPP skin, well I'm a GGG (NC35/42) and it works great on me too! Put on a little for day and more with liner for night. I love the brush applicator. DEFINITELY less sticky and feels lighter on the lips than the Lipglasses.

on 6/6/2004 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Decorative is a very pretty berry color l/g with lots of shimmer which I love because it gives my lips so much shine without needing to apply clear l/g over it! I really like the brush too, makes it so easy to apply! It is sheer though, so I do find myself having to reapply it more often then the reg. MAC l/g!