MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

4.7

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

on 1/15/2007 2:14:00 AM

FFF warm complexion brown eyes: I like the lustreglasses much better than the lipglasses because they do not feel like glue on my lips. That said, Decorative is a beautiful plum color that is super flattering on my warm complexion (yes warm complected dolls can wear this color). Staying power is ok but this color is quite pigmented & it is such a great color I can overlook that.

on 7/29/2005 12:19:00 PM

This is a very shimmery, dark berry-wine color, more purple than red, though. Not a color I usually go for (purples generally clash with my coloring) but this is really nice--sophisticated when applied darkly, or pretty as a crushed-berry stain. Slightly slicker texture than the normal lipglasses, but still sticky enough to cling well to lips. Didn't feel any grittiness due to the glitter. Light vanilla scent. Glass tube with a brush applicator. BTW: This is slightly more purple than Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss in Frankly Flirty (a LE edition, unfortunately). A nice addition to my berry-reds :)

on 8/28/2004 5:31:00 AM

Like everyone says, it's a great gloss. It reminds me of Popmode Lipglass only less grapey and less bronzy. It's more of a berry shimmer. It actually stays on my lips for at least 4 hours.

on 8/13/2004 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my new favourite lipgloss from MAC. It looks like a very deep burgundy in the tube but it goes on sheer and give my lips a nice berry shimmer. As it goes on sheer, application is almost goof-proof. The lipbrush is very easy to use. The texture is also less thick than the normal lipglasses and feel much lighter. I like it both on its own as well as layered over another lipstick. When used over another lipstick, it punches up the colour, turns it a deeper red with a gorgeous shimmer.