MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.6

This is a beautiful gloss. It looks dark in the tube but is actually quite natural on. You don't even have to think about applying it-- it wears so well. I don't really like the little brush-- it gets super wonky as I use it. Good thing the gloss is super forgiving as applying it with the frayed brush is tricky.

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!

on 3/23/2009 9:45:00 AM

when i first saw the colour in the tube i though WOAH its a bit dark however on my lips its a gorgeous plum with great shine

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!....I've been obsessed with the Sephora Bronzed Beauty lipgloss for a while...but I hated the fact that it barely lasted...today I finally went to MAC and found this color which is VERY close to it...and it has good stayin power...even through a meal...I LOVE IT!!!!....however...if I were to get really critical..I would change the lip brush...I HATE lipbrushes...I wish it cam in a tupe of the sponge brush...but.......I STILL LOVE IT!!!! ; )

on 8/13/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I'm a NC45 with light brown/hazel eyes. I think this color looks great on me...a plum with a very soft gold shimmer to it. I tend to save this for evenings...I usually do the natural lip during the day.

on 1/15/2007 2:14:00 AM

FFF warm complexion brown eyes: I like the lustreglasses much better than the lipglasses because they do not feel like glue on my lips. That said, Decorative is a beautiful plum color that is super flattering on my warm complexion (yes warm complected dolls can wear this color). Staying power is ok but this color is quite pigmented & it is such a great color I can overlook that.

on 12/6/2006 10:05:00 PM

Very pretty color, I use it all the time when I just want a little color to my lips, or I use it over my lipsticks. (Looks really nice over my Viva Glam III lipstick.) Sure, it's sticky, but I've never come across a gloss that wasn't. (And I've owned a lot of glosses.) I had a nice surprise when I opened this, since there was a brush aplicator, instead of the usual sponge one, which is different, and I like that. I think the brush gives you more potential to pick up a larger amount of color, than what you'd get out of the lipgasses. I gave this a mark off, however, since it doesn't last very long, and for the $14 I paid, I would like it to last a bit longer. But I love everything else about this stuff. I might not rebuy the same color, since I'm one who likes variety, but I would buy lusterglass again.