MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.5

This is a beautiful gloss. It looks dark in the tube but is actually quite natural on. You don't even have to think about applying it-- it wears so well. I don't really like the little brush-- it gets super wonky as I use it. Good thing the gloss is super forgiving as applying it with the frayed brush is tricky.

I love this gloss over Dark Side. I love the really dark lip shades, and this is a dark plum-burgundy with sparkles. Really love it!

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!

on 2/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The most beautiful colour I have in my collection! A rich, deep plum with flecks of gold...incredibly flattering on my pale complexion, though I bet it would look great on anyone! Always have a tube of this on, can't stand to run out! Great finish too...sheer, but with great colour.

on 3/31/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this shade, and it goes from day to night quite easily. The gold shimmer is not really obvious on my lips, but this shade definitely has a more agressive gleam than other lipglasses I've tried. I'm a FFF with green eyes and this shade is great for me. I went into the shop with every intention of buying Pop Mode (based mostly on MUA reviews) but it didn't look like I'd expected, so I went with Decorated. I usually can't be bothered with lip gloss of any kind, but MAC's lipglasses are better than most, and I've gotta say the lustrewear shades give killer shine and shimmer.

Having owned two other lustreglasses, I was pretty shocked at how pigmented this one is -- Decorative is a shimmery dark berry that goes on much more true to what it looks in the tube than many of them. I usually blot this a bit to even out the color and tone it down a bit, but it's a nice color, if a bit average.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Whoa. THIS IS GORGEOUS! My best impulse yet. I was checking out the lustreglasses and trying to decide on another one. I was mainly looking at Wonderstruck and Luminary...but neither of them wowed me so I just asked my husband to pick out something off the display and I would just by it. He chose Decorative. In the tube its a darker vampy blackberry with golden shmmer but on my lips its a shimmery sheer pinky plum...very wearable on my PPP complexion. I really love this color. I think reds and nudes are way to cliche and overdone to be sexy. Decorative is sexy. Its shiney, glittery and sheer. The color is eye catching but not opague or to dark. This lustreglass has the typical MAC faint vanilla scent. Its definatly not long lasting but no lipgloss is long lasting...thats not what gloss is...anyone who is expecting a gloss to last and last is unrealistic. I will definatly be repurchasing.

on 10/31/2004 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love the lustreglass formula. It is thinner and not quite as sticky. This color is a great dark berry color with finely milled shimmer. The brush instead of the spongetip is a great idea.

I'm very fair, so when I asked my MA for a nice berry shade and she gave me this, I almost told her she was crazy. In the tube it is a very deep, very sparkly looking berry plum shade. On my lips, however, I don't see the plum, just a nice, kicked up berry shade with shimmery glitter. I can get the purple to come out more if I put foundation on my lips beforehand, so I guess the pigment of my lips naturally brings out the berry shade in this. I'm very happy with this shade, and I'm glad my MA convinced my to try it on, because I never would have gone near it myself.