MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

on 10/12/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a lot of colors that look sort of like this, but none of them are this beautiful! I find that I wear this several times a week, and it complements a number of eye and cheek looks -- from pinks and plums to golds and champagnes. In the tube this does resemble PopMode, but I like this a lot more -- where PopMode had strong pink undertones, this one has a finer shimmer with hints of burgundy and gold. It looks really rich, and even as it fades it leaves a nice light-plum stain on my lips. I have very fair skin and blue eyes, with dark red hair, and this provides some very lovely contrast. It's definitely one of my favorite colors -- and it's just as nice in the warmer months as it is now that the weather has gotten cooler and the color palettes have gotten darker!

I love this gloss over Dark Side. I love the really dark lip shades, and this is a dark plum-burgundy with sparkles. Really love it!

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

on 11/3/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i really love this color. it reminds me of limited edition bazaarish. this is my first lustreglass and i like the lustreglass brushes better than the lipglass brushes. in mac foundation i'm an nw43 so this looks great on me, especially with a nude eye and clear, creamy skin. it's probably better suited for fall and winter. when used over a good lip liner (my fav pairings are with vino, currant or chestnut) it lasts all day and my lips are moisturized. will certainly repurchase.

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 6/28/2009 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have more than 10 MAC lip glosses and I wear this one the most. I wear it with MAC Tribalist lipstick. I am DDD with full lips and this combo looks great on my complexion. Plus, I like the brush tip.

on 3/23/2009 9:45:00 AM

when i first saw the colour in the tube i though WOAH its a bit dark however on my lips its a gorgeous plum with great shine

on 2/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The most beautiful colour I have in my collection! A rich, deep plum with flecks of gold...incredibly flattering on my pale complexion, though I bet it would look great on anyone! Always have a tube of this on, can't stand to run out! Great finish too...sheer, but with great colour.

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!....I've been obsessed with the Sephora Bronzed Beauty lipgloss for a while...but I hated the fact that it barely lasted...today I finally went to MAC and found this color which is VERY close to it...and it has good stayin power...even through a meal...I LOVE IT!!!!....however...if I were to get really critical..I would change the lip brush...I HATE lipbrushes...I wish it cam in a tupe of the sponge brush...but.......I STILL LOVE IT!!!! ; )