MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

on 5/9/2004 12:50:00 PM

I'm really torn on what rating I should give this product. The color is BEAUTIFUL (deep red / purple)! Exactly the color I've been looking for. So, for looks of the gloss, I give it a 5.
The problem with this product, at least on my lips, is that it wouldn't stay put. It seemed to slide right off of my lips, and bleed onto my face. I've never had this problem with a gloss before. I was wearing a liner, and this gloss marched right over that, and settled around my mouth. I wasn't eating, talking, or doing anything weird, but 5 minutes after I applied it, it had all moved around on my face. Normally, I'm pretty good with gloss too, I don't loose it when I eat food or drink something, so this migrating gloss was really out of the norm for me. For wear ability I give it a 1.
That plus the 5 I gave it for looks averages out to the 3 rating I gave the gloss overall. I guess if you can get past the slimy texture this has and if it stays put on your lips, then it's great. Just beware this might slide around your face. continued >>

on 5/2/2004 4:00:00 PM

First off, LOVE the brush on this. I was never a fan of the sponge tips on the Lipglasses. The colour is also great, much more sheer and wearable for most people than it might be assumed from the tube, from which it appears to be a dark purpleish red. On the lips, Decorative is a clearish, sparkly rose that catches the light and looks romantic and urban at the same time. Oh... and let's not forget the texture, which is silky and light. All in all, I'm loving these new Lustreglasses! ***EDIT*** Okay, I was wrong... the brush sucks and the entire tube is contantly getting leaky and sticky. I still like the colour though, but, I don't think I will be purchasing another Lustreglass.

on 10/12/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a lot of colors that look sort of like this, but none of them are this beautiful! I find that I wear this several times a week, and it complements a number of eye and cheek looks -- from pinks and plums to golds and champagnes. In the tube this does resemble PopMode, but I like this a lot more -- where PopMode had strong pink undertones, this one has a finer shimmer with hints of burgundy and gold. It looks really rich, and even as it fades it leaves a nice light-plum stain on my lips. I have very fair skin and blue eyes, with dark red hair, and this provides some very lovely contrast. It's definitely one of my favorite colors -- and it's just as nice in the warmer months as it is now that the weather has gotten cooler and the color palettes have gotten darker!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I like this shade for the fall and winter months. It reminds me a lot of Pop Mode lipglass which is more pigmented and lasts longer. Decorative is a bit more burgundy but still in the same color family. I would not buy this again only because I prefer Pop Mode over this.

on 11/3/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i really love this color. it reminds me of limited edition bazaarish. this is my first lustreglass and i like the lustreglass brushes better than the lipglass brushes. in mac foundation i'm an nw43 so this looks great on me, especially with a nude eye and clear, creamy skin. it's probably better suited for fall and winter. when used over a good lip liner (my fav pairings are with vino, currant or chestnut) it lasts all day and my lips are moisturized. will certainly repurchase.

This is a beautiful gloss. It looks dark in the tube but is actually quite natural on. You don't even have to think about applying it-- it wears so well. I don't really like the little brush-- it gets super wonky as I use it. Good thing the gloss is super forgiving as applying it with the frayed brush is tricky.

I love this gloss over Dark Side. I love the really dark lip shades, and this is a dark plum-burgundy with sparkles. Really love it!

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!