MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.6

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I like this shade for the fall and winter months. It reminds me a lot of Pop Mode lipglass which is more pigmented and lasts longer. Decorative is a bit more burgundy but still in the same color family. I would not buy this again only because I prefer Pop Mode over this.

I think this has to be one of my favorite lustreglasses. The rich plum (with its slight berry undertones) just looks fantastic against my pale skin (and also provides a nice contrast to my light blue eyes). Sorta goth and vampy and none of the fuss of a black lipstick. This shade isn't for the timid! Be prepared to have people staring at your lips! I also think the lustreglasses are superior in formulation as well. The brush (which differs from the lipglass's signature doe foot applicator) gives more control in application, and the formula isn't sticky at all. Very smooth and creamy, in fact. Would repurchase.

on 2/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The most beautiful colour I have in my collection! A rich, deep plum with flecks of gold...incredibly flattering on my pale complexion, though I bet it would look great on anyone! Always have a tube of this on, can't stand to run out! Great finish too...sheer, but with great colour.

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

on 3/31/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this shade, and it goes from day to night quite easily. The gold shimmer is not really obvious on my lips, but this shade definitely has a more agressive gleam than other lipglasses I've tried. I'm a FFF with green eyes and this shade is great for me. I went into the shop with every intention of buying Pop Mode (based mostly on MUA reviews) but it didn't look like I'd expected, so I went with Decorated. I usually can't be bothered with lip gloss of any kind, but MAC's lipglasses are better than most, and I've gotta say the lustrewear shades give killer shine and shimmer.

on 7/14/2005 11:09:00 PM

This is a beautiful color. It looks berry-purple on me. I love the faint vanilla smell. It has good staying power for a gloss. My only complaint is that it sometimes spreads over and under my lip line.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Lipglass in general. I love the long wearability factor and the colors.

on 3/7/2005 11:59:00 AM

Will continue to buy over and over and over again. As a cool skinned PPP, this gloss is the shizzle dizzle. Smells like vanilla, and purple w/a hint of rose & gold layered over that. Looks wicked with a tan in summertime. I will cry if it gets disc, as it is my HG. It really is a personal thing, my HG is your take it or leave it, but you must do yourself a favor and check out the line of lustreglasses. Prettyplease has a better review below ;)

on 1/24/2005 12:31:00 AM

I like this color on me. Looks dark in the tube, but it comes out a nice reddish berry color. I am a PPP, blonde w/green eyes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely sheer berry/plum with fine golden shimmer. I've seen reviewers say it works well with their PPP skin, well I'm a GGG (NC35/42) and it works great on me too! Put on a little for day and more with liner for night. I love the brush applicator. DEFINITELY less sticky and feels lighter on the lips than the Lipglasses.