MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

4.5

This is what I wanted Cremesheen Glass in Looks Like Sin to look like, but with added glitter.

If you want to transition into wearing dark lips but are unsure about a lipstick, try this gloss. It is gorgeous on its own or layered over any dark lipstick to amp it up and give it a beautiful vampire-bitten stain.

on 9/22/2009 11:40:00 PM

I did not buy this, I only tried it in the store considering it's fall and I want a plummy stained looking lipgloss. But this was just too dark. It looks all gorgeous in the tube and knowing Lustreglasses are sheer I tried this on and it just did not work for me! How I wanted it to!!!!!!!!! But it did not, it was too dark, maybe good for Halloween. But formula and texture is all good like all Lustreglasses, plus the hints of gold glimmer would look awesome. I think it would look awesome on dark skinned girls!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!....I've been obsessed with the Sephora Bronzed Beauty lipgloss for a while...but I hated the fact that it barely lasted...today I finally went to MAC and found this color which is VERY close to it...and it has good stayin power...even through a meal...I LOVE IT!!!!....however...if I were to get really critical..I would change the lip brush...I HATE lipbrushes...I wish it cam in a tupe of the sponge brush...but.......I STILL LOVE IT!!!! ; )

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this because it looked so good on my co-worker. On me though, it's just another basic plum with red tones. I do love the texture though. The lustreglass formula is slicker than lipglass which feels gross as it wears off or if too much is applied. Not sure if I'd buy again, but I'll reach for it more once fall begins.

on 1/3/2007 2:02:00 PM

Really gorgeous rich plum. Definitely more pigmented than a lot of other lustreglasses, though staying power lacks. Really compliments green eyes and fair skin.

Once it runs out, I wont be repurchasing.
Way too many other MAC colors and textures of glosses to try!

on 12/6/2006 10:05:00 PM

Very pretty color, I use it all the time when I just want a little color to my lips, or I use it over my lipsticks. (Looks really nice over my Viva Glam III lipstick.) Sure, it's sticky, but I've never come across a gloss that wasn't. (And I've owned a lot of glosses.) I had a nice surprise when I opened this, since there was a brush aplicator, instead of the usual sponge one, which is different, and I like that. I think the brush gives you more potential to pick up a larger amount of color, than what you'd get out of the lipgasses. I gave this a mark off, however, since it doesn't last very long, and for the $14 I paid, I would like it to last a bit longer. But I love everything else about this stuff. I might not rebuy the same color, since I'm one who likes variety, but I would buy lusterglass again.

on 12/29/2005 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is also my favorite lustreglass. I couldn't decide between the Decorative & Angelwing glosses, but I ended up going w/ this one because Angelwing seems to be a bit cooler in tone than Decorative. Decorative looks like a deep saturated plum color in the tube but it goes a sheer pretty berry color. Works well over pink & plum lipcolors but I use it most by itself. There's also a good amount of gold shimmer to it which makes it look gorgeous and jewel-like in the tube. Wears well, at least a couple of hours. Probably the most pigmented of the Lustreglasses, altho I haven't tried all of them. I would buy again.

on 7/29/2005 12:19:00 PM

This is a very shimmery, dark berry-wine color, more purple than red, though. Not a color I usually go for (purples generally clash with my coloring) but this is really nice--sophisticated when applied darkly, or pretty as a crushed-berry stain. Slightly slicker texture than the normal lipglasses, but still sticky enough to cling well to lips. Didn't feel any grittiness due to the glitter. Light vanilla scent. Glass tube with a brush applicator. BTW: This is slightly more purple than Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss in Frankly Flirty (a LE edition, unfortunately). A nice addition to my berry-reds :)

on 2/20/2005 11:41:00 PM

This is a beautiful shimmery plum that is sheer and MLBB on, even though it is really dark in the tube. Color stays on for longer than more glosses, even after the shine has faded. It may be my HG lip gloss.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Whoa. THIS IS GORGEOUS! My best impulse yet. I was checking out the lustreglasses and trying to decide on another one. I was mainly looking at Wonderstruck and Luminary...but neither of them wowed me so I just asked my husband to pick out something off the display and I would just by it. He chose Decorative. In the tube its a darker vampy blackberry with golden shmmer but on my lips its a shimmery sheer pinky plum...very wearable on my PPP complexion. I really love this color. I think reds and nudes are way to cliche and overdone to be sexy. Decorative is sexy. Its shiney, glittery and sheer. The color is eye catching but not opague or to dark. This lustreglass has the typical MAC faint vanilla scent. Its definatly not long lasting but no lipgloss is long lasting...thats not what gloss is...anyone who is expecting a gloss to last and last is unrealistic. I will definatly be repurchasing.