3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

A lovely rose and jasmine type old fashioned scent that ends a bit soapy but in such a nice way. Definitely has a bit of a Victorian feel. I like this. It might be a great fragrance to wear to a steampunk ball, all historical but still elegant and just enjoyable to have on.

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

11 years ago

This is one of my all time favorite fragrances, and the one I wear more often than anything else. The only thing that I can criticize is that as a Cologne Spray, it's not very concentrated, so it wears off quickly,, but it is amazingly beautiful from start to finish. I generally start with about 14 shots all over while getting dressed, then add a couple to my clothes. I always carry a purse atomizer (which they used to sell when Elixir of Love No.1 was new to the market), and give myself a shot or two every couple of hours. Everyone I meet loves this scent! I just wish it came in stronger varieties (EdT, EdP, Extrait). For the record, I also wear Boucheron EdT (my newest acquisition, and what I'm wearing right now), Lorenzo Villoresi Spezie EdT, and Poison EdT, all of which are far more concentrated than Elixir of Love No.1 Cologne Spray.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium

11 years ago

I really enjoy this scent. Love is in the air for sure when you wear this, and I'm loving everything about it. Jasmine and Passionflower and Eqyptian Musk. So soothing . Attention getter for sure. I only have a sample I rec'd from Hampton Court but I would love to have a bottle of this someday.. This would be the ideal scent to fall asleep too.. I would spray this all over my sheets and pillow.. this has an old english theme going on. English Heiress would wear this..

About reviewer (320 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesBlue

15 years ago

I enjoyed this scent, very pleasant in my opinion, but no one else around me seemed to think so! The only thing that bothered me about it was that it seemed to wear off very quickly.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlond

15 years ago

"He loves me, he loves me not, ponder the question no longer." I saw this Caswell&Massey ad for the Elixer of Love no.1 in a Victoria magazine back in the early ninetees and just had to try it.Love at first try.The notes are,Egyptian musk,jasmine,passionflower,lavender and a secret herbacious ingredient.At first I thought it must be an herb like rosemary or sage or similar ,then my DH who is a botanist informed me herbacious are woody plants including all varieties of roses and peonies and others. I also use the dusting powder, which is very luxurious,and the three wick candle scents my home with its sensual fragrance.Wonderful, feminine, unique oriental fragrance.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinNormal

EyesBlue

15 years ago

Used to be my HG fragrance. It smells very strong on me though, very glamorous floral with a hint of spiciness. But it's more for an older generation - I've been told.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3.0

16 years ago

While still wet on the skin Elixir of Love #1 actually has the intoxicating aroma of an herbal liqueur. Sniffing this I like to imagine Toulouse-Lautrec sipping the green liquid in between sketching dancers at the Moulin Rouge. One of the few herbal fragrances that that I can tolerate.

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

16 years ago

I liked it... watery & light but interesting. It had absinthe listed - maybe that's what makes it unique?

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

2.0

16 years ago

I haven't looked up the actual notes of this- my big nose picks up lavender, marigold & what smells like possibly a celery seed note with rose. This is a lovely and surprisingly deep very light scent (too light for me). Personally I prefer the powerful orientals, so this one isn't one I will purchase. On the right lady this would be quite lovely & full of old world charm..

About reviewer (744 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

16 years ago

I haven't looked up the actual notes of this- my big nose picks up lavender, marigold & what smells like possibly a celery seed note with rose.<p>This is a lovely and surprisingly deep very light scent. Personally I prefer the powerful orientals, so this one isn't one I will purchase. On the right lady this would be quite lovely & full of old world charm.This is also reviewed under "Elixer of Love #1", I started another thread so everyone could find it.

About reviewer (744 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool